FC united of Bury moving on my doorstep...... :(

[/quote]AND FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE FCUM FANS WHO ARE MONITORING THIS THREAD PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
I am NOT against The Moston Red Socks moving into Moston, I am against local green spaces in a built up residential area being concreted over.[/quote]

This ^^^^^^^^

I live just off St marys rd up near the playing fields wonder if they will knock on my door or just canvas people who live on the main road ?

I think the Councillors could be in an awkward position. I think I'm right in saying that if they openly support/oppose a project coming up for planning permission, then they can't vote on the project. Something daft like that.

No reason though why people can't campaign to have the thing built on a brownfield site if that's what the local community wants. If enough noise is made politicians have to listen. But it needs a lot of noise, not just the odd Joe writing in.

BrianW said:
I think the Councillors could be in an awkward position. I think I'm right in saying that if they openly support/oppose a project coming up for planning permission, then they can't vote on the project. Something daft like that.

No reason though why people can't campaign to have the thing built on a brownfield site if that's what the local community wants. If enough noise is made politicians have to listen. But it needs a lot of noise, not just the odd Joe writing in.

Just been on the council website and the closing date for election candidates was Wednesday...... had it been a week or so more i'm sure we could have stuck someone up in the Moston ward on this one issue (you only need 1500 votes and you win!!). I have emailed the local Green party (who have received my vote these past few years) to see if they are standing here again and get them on board.

Another brown site I have been reminded of is the Booth Hall Hospital site....standing there empty and unused....... as is Monsall Hospital site........

blueinsa said:
sirtaki said:
So you are saying, no new clubs ever, let things stagnate?....... some in the lower leagues say FCUM are a breath of fresh air, much needed publicity and money for the non Arab league.

What a fucking cretinous post!
It is, I must apologize for this comment and sorry for any offence it gave.

I'd had a few and got too involved in the discussion.

sirtaki said:
blueinsa said:

Racist twat.

You all pretend to be left wing rebels, when the reality is that you are all bitter little Englanders...

sirtaki said:
blueinsa said:

You don't have to apologise you have just shown your true colours as a racist and to blame it on drink is quiet sad really

I live just of st mary's rd and I went into the corner shop on st mary's rd today and they said there was a petition going round to stop it. if it comes my way I will be signing it. Apart from not wanting anything to do with this team in my area the traffic along st mary's rd and lightbowne road is bad enough as it is especially with the traffic on st marys parked on both sides. I also take my kids to the park there and I dont want them spoiling it around there

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
sirtaki said:
You really think that was racist?????

Well you obviously thought so because how come you apologised for the comment ?
I was bringing money into it not race, like so many did with, or lack of it with the USA USA USA chants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.