FC united of Bury moving on my doorstep...... :(

Dandelion said:
This is a terrible post to be honest. The bit in bold in particular.

FC United fans are Manchester United fans that were against the Glazer takeover and modern football in particular, so formed a splinter group and set up their own club that put the fans of the club at the heart of their decisions.

They are United fans and so they have a hatred for us just like they did when they followed United.

It actually looks like you're trying to say that they set up another club so that two clubs would hate us rather than one? And that they haven't made their mind up on who the support? Laughable.

What's wrong with being level headed about things for once.

If FC were to draw Utd in the fa cup; who would you want to win?

NantwichBlue said:
Dandelion said:
This is a terrible post to be honest. The bit in bold in particular.

FC United fans are Manchester United fans that were against the Glazer takeover and modern football in particular, so formed a splinter group and set up their own club that put the fans of the club at the heart of their decisions.

They are United fans and so they have a hatred for us just like they did when they followed United.

It actually looks like you're trying to say that they set up another club so that two clubs would hate us rather than one? And that they haven't made their mind up on who the support? Laughable.

What's wrong with being level headed about things for once.

a key question.
Which team is his heart with.

God knows... there was discussion earlier this season as to what we'd do should the very real possibility of being drawn with MUFC occurred. A general agreement seemed to be that we'd boycott the game itself (if drawn at OT), beyond that, I've no idea... it'd be an absolute nightmare.

"Won't pay glazer or work for Sky"

but give us £67,000 and you can put us on Babestation for all we care, fuck our morals and one of the main reasons we were formed.

The game at Rochdale presented us with an opportunity to make a lot of much needed cash. We took it, it's true. But don't for one minute think that this was an easy decision to make, and indeed resulted in angry scenes at the general meeting a week before the game. But imagine this scenario;
Would we be seen as slapped-arses for not switching the game to TV in protest? Therefore denying not only ourselves but also Rochdale much needed revenue and exposure, not to mention the gate receipts.
I'm of the opinion that if the opportunity to get us closer to our own ground came up again, (which is exactly what that kind of money will do) I'd take it. The longer we're without a ground, the more perilous our position.
But the difference is that we, as fans, made the decision. If this was one chairman or directors' decision, I'd be unhappy, but we, as members made a decision, and we have to live with it. But right or wrong, it's our decision to make, and for me, there's the real point.

M72 said:
I suppose I shouldn't have expected the whole thread to trundle along without a bit of a slagging, after all, I always knew I'd be fighting a losing battle... I've addressed our reasoning behind the ground build and the effect on the community, and after having been to a meeting regarding the ground last night, I can only emphasise the fact that the local community will be consulted almost immediately and along every step of the process.

The whole anti-red thing I'll leave alone, it's been done to death. It'd also be a waste of my time defending our whole reasoning to setting up a club and the question of our loyalties, we have enough on our plate with certain sections of MUFC's support giving us that. But anyhow, I thought I'd address the misconceptions surrounding the club and formation that have been brought up.

Had they a true and honest interest in Non-league football they would have gone and watched one of the many clubs in the area that could have done with their support.
Why would we do that? As an example, Leigh (RMI at the time) approached us at the time of our formation and offered a joint solution (team and ground). This was rejected as we are plain and simple, United fans. And ask Leigh (Genesis as they are now) about our decision, they've no problem at all with it. Could we suddenly become Altrincham, Curzon or Droylsden fans? Could you? And more to the point how would they feel about a shedload of United fans turning up, wearing United scarfs, singing United songs? Not well methinks...

Yes you could have become fans of any of those clubs but your first loyalty is Utd, how you think setting up an alternative that is still Utd but not Utd so you can perpetuate all that is Utd but on your terms is beyond the comprehension of most fans for whom "right or wrong, my team is my team".

They have used their financial muscle to the detriment of those clubs, many with long and proud histories.
What financial muscle? Categorically we are in the bottom four of the NPL when it comes to 'wages'. We have seven players on contract. The rest play for nominal expenses. Whatever we earn on a gate goes mostly to Bury for ground hire. We have two paid employees, the rest are volunteers. Not sure how this would be of detriment anyway. How does 1,000 paying customers turning up to a ground where the average is 150 harm a club? And how that affects their proud histories, you've lost me....

Your wages may now be at the lower end of the league you now play in, the operative word here is "now". When you started off this was not the case and was a major factor in your rapid rise through the leagues. That you currently pay less is a legacy of your rapid rise which I'm sure you'll address as you continue to fulfil your ambition.That you can't discern that my reference to theses clubs proud histories is a descriptive element relating to the clubs rather than your effect on them is your failure of understanding though not a surprising one.

I've spoken to quite a few fans of other NL clubs they've visited and to a man they despise FCUM and their fans. Whereas most fans will treat an awayday to another NL club as an opportunity to make friends, FCUM always leave a nasty smell.
If you can prove that, I'll be mightily impressed. It would be easy to list off the chairmen and fans of clubs such as Norton & Stockton, Holker, Bridlington, Kendal ad infinitum who have praised and thanked our support. I'll address the one issue against us whereby Altrincham had an issue with a fan of ours playing up in a game at Moss Lane a few years back, alongside the occasional Alty fan having a dig... so much so they invite us back for friendlies and allow us use of Moss Lane for the odd cup game.

To say "a fan" is completely disingenuous, I've seen the videos, your behaviour was disgraceful and you should be ashamed rather than try and hide the fact. I've spoken to many NL fans including Barrow, Chester, Glossop, New Mills, Buxton, Colwyn Bay Salford City, and Alty who hold the opinion I related, I stand by this statement because it's true. It's never a surprise for a Chairman to be grateful for a short term financial fillup and be in disagreement with his own fans. I'm sure he'd be more grateful for an extra 100 home fans every week rather than a 1000 strong bunch of twats once a year.

To say they have no ambition beyond Non-league would be a downright lie.
We want to be successful, who doesn't? I prefer non-league, but as someone wiser than me once said 'Ambition is critical'

Can't wait for you to pull the real Utd in actual competition, your loyalties, somewhat like your moral compass will be spinning like a whirligig.

I'm unaware that they had any defined community locality for which they provide community work and suspect any they do will have been done for opportunistic reasons, opportunistic is their DNA.
We don't have any defined community locality, as quite frankly, we hadn't done it before. We chose areas to develop youth work and found ourselves to be trading on the toes of City or United, so we had to look again, and found ourselves working on inclusion schemes not currently covered by MCFC or MUFC such as Miles Platting, Openshaw, Whalley Range and yes, Moston. I'm not sure what is opportunistic about working with kids who routinely carry weapons, have substance issues etc but we have done.

It's difficult and laudable work but your motivation to secure access to public funding is not altruistic but self serving, opportunistic and despicable.

They are the bastard offspring spawn of a despicable behemoth
I'll take that as a compliment

It's not but you do what you want, eh?

and no public money should be granted to a private members club for dickheads.
We've raised £1.3m of the cash ourselves. The 'public money' being used was already allocated to a scheme that went bump. That the council decide to use it for a project that will help and empower the Moston community is, in my opinion, an investment. If you'd care to explain the difference between public money building the CoMS and our scheme, I'm all ears.

MCC in their wisdom decided that bringing the Commonwealth games to M/cr was good for the financial and infrastructural wellbeing of the city. It still brings enormous benefits financially to the city some of which you intend to benefit from as revenue derived from MCFC fans will be used for your grant application. MUFC were invited on board but declined, City were essential to the viability of the project. That you have raised that amount of money only confirms my statement about your financial muscle and in no way validates your claim on the public purse. It's risible that you think it does yet fail to recognise the worth that MCC derived from Maine Rd and the improvements to the public estate at Sportcity that MCFC have made.

I realise I'm peeing in the proverbial here, but thought I'd stop by challenge the lazy misconceptions often banded about. I'm not welcome, I know that, but it could be worth bearing in mind that we could very soon be neighbours...

The only one being lazy is yourself in swallowing your self generated mythology and perpetuating the rag agenda against City and COMS. The post above that refers to the "Non Arab league" shows how it doesn't take long to smoke out your true nature. If you were my neighbour I'd want to ....nah, I'll leave that sort of behaviour to your lot.

I had two representatives from FC United on my doorstep tonight asking my opinion on the wonderful opportunity that was being presented to the people of Moston!!!!!!

I live on St Marys Road fairly close to where this monstrosity will be built and I'm fuming. I managed to remain polite and tell them that I value an open space (even if there is a fence round a large section of it) to a football stadium built to house 5,000. I did suggest an alternative 5,000 seater venue, complete with a running track, down at Eastlands but they didn't seem interested.

They seemed surprised that they had received so much negative feedback in the area. Are these people so wrapped up in what they want that they can't see that football isn't the be all and end all - sorry to those Bluemooners who may think that it is - it just isn't.

I only hope that the council and the local counsellors see sense in this matter. I too have emailed all three local counsellors and I can only say that Paul Murphy is very good with his cut and paste abilities. Linda Tavernor hasn't yet deigned to answer. I am only sorry that the local elections are so soon because any prospective candidate who is willing to stand up and fight along and hard against this proposal is likely to get my vote; no matter where my loyalties previously lay.

DavyM said:
I had two representatives from FC United on my doorstep tonight asking my opinion on the wonderful opportunity that was being presented to the people of Moston!!!!!!

I live on St Marys Road fairly close to where this monstrosity will be built and I'm fuming. I managed to remain polite and tell them that I value an open space (even if there is a fence round a large section of it) to a football stadium built to house 5,000. I did suggest an alternative 5,000 seater venue, complete with a running track, down at Eastlands but they didn't seem interested.

They seemed surprised that they had received so much negative feedback in the area. Are these people so wrapped up in what they want that they can't see that football isn't the be all and end all - sorry to those Bluemooners who may think that it is - it just isn't.

I only hope that the council and the local counsellors see sense in this matter. I too have emailed all three local counsellors and I can only say that Paul Murphy is very good with his cut and paste abilities. Linda Tavernor hasn't yet deigned to answer. I am only sorry that the local elections are so soon because any prospective candidate who is willing to stand up and fight along and hard against this proposal is likely to get my vote; no matter where my loyalties previously lay.

Great post
Yes on the facebook page someone said ''FCUM will be knocking on doors'' - how fucking nice of them. Why dont they put leaflets through doors inviting people to an open meeting? A lot of elderly people dont answer their door at night, and people go out at night (especially a Friday). You watch, they will issue a statement soon saying they went knocking on doors and it was a great success, only a handful of people not keen (and then dismiss them as bitter blues). How do we know they had a successful canvas? We dont, so organise a local meeting and then we can all see what level of support there is or isnt.

I too have emailed Cll's Murphy, Cooper and Tavernor. Had replies from the first two. I asked if they supported the plan and Murphy came out with a long winded email not answering the question and Coopers one sentence reply said ''wait until the proposal''.
I have emailed the 3 back - and Richard Leese (as Murphy cc'd him into his reply to me) asking directly are they in favour of Broadhurst Fields being built over - yes or no? and informing them my vote at the forthcoming election hinges on this topic alone. No reply for any of them.
I agree......... bad timing for this to come out. I personally would have been willing to stand at the election on this issue.

AND FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE FCUM FANS WHO ARE MONITORING THIS THREAD PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
I am NOT against The Moston Red Socks moving into Moston, I am against local green spaces in a built up residential area being concreted over.

M72 said:

God knows... there was discussion earlier this season as to what we'd do should the very real possibility of being drawn with MUFC occurred. A general agreement seemed to be that we'd boycott the game itself (if drawn at OT), beyond that, I've no idea... it'd be an absolute nightmare.

You can never truly support two clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.