FC united of Bury moving on my doorstep...... :(

See the thread a couple of threads below. A Facebook group has been set up (should be in my signature).

I live just off St. Mary's Rd and I can't handle the thought of that shit being near me.

Re: FCUM: Moston It Is Then. Ronald Johnson Playing Fields. 750K

and the judas hypercrites have the gall to call us for being council dwellers.....

5 mins walk from me..... can't wait for the councillors to knock on my door over the coming weeks.....

Keep Moston Green (and Blue ;)<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:48 pm --<br /><br />Just thinking about this..... something isn't right...... the Ten Acres Lane site fell through because the council pulled out of a £650,000 support agreement due to council shortfall in funding.
Now four weeks later, Moston is identified and £750,000 is given over to support the project.......
So one week it is no money, next month it is ''we have the money and an extra 100K for your troubles!''

BOBBINS!!
Keep Moston Green - and Blue ;)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
orangupingu_mcfc said:
See the thread a couple of threads below. A Facebook group has been set up (should be in my signature).

I live just off St. Mary's Rd and I can't handle the thought of that shit being near me.

Nice one, I'm just off Kenyon Lane, top of the hill up from the Dean Brook.

I'm right next to the Dean Brook, so close to you.

I think it's important we keep it focussed (at the council anyway) about it being about parkland etc and not city as they are then justified in ignoring us. Invite all you can to join that group that live in Moston.

I had an email of Councillor paul Murphy, and he basically said that because it's still a proposal you've got nothing to complain about. Seen as this was the same line coming from Rita tavernor, it seems to me like they don't give a shit about what we think.

orangupingu_mcfc said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

I think it's important we keep it focussed (at the council anyway) about it being about parkland etc and not city as they are then justified in ignoring us. Invite all you can to join that group that live in Moston.

I had an email of Councillor paul Murphy, and he basically said that because it's still a proposal you've got nothing to complain about. Seen as this was the same line coming from Rita tavernor, it seems to me like they don't give a shit about what we think.

Completely agree, will come over as a right bunch of bertie's if we hark on about the City bit. There are plenty of brown sites available (top end of Dean Lane, on the old Monsall hospital, old factories around Grimshaw Lane back in Newton Heath) yet just like Ashley Fields, the green land is being ripped up......... all the wooded area on Vicky Ave being pulled down to make the new school.....
Keep Moston Green!
Will email the three councillors in the morning, but no doubt will get same bog standard reply. That bullshit about it only being a proposal so nowt to complain about is bullshit. We let them know now about our feelings and then that goes to the decision..... keeping quiet now means the proposal will go through as ''no objections were raised''

lets email the councillors and let them know their view point on this issue will decide which candidate gets your vote at next months elections...... lets see then who has nothing to worry about Cllr Murphy!!!!

orangupingu_mcfc said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

I live just off St Marys Rd too...

Just fired this email off to all three Moston councillors, been careful not to give any indication as to my thoughts on the issue, but requested that they give me their views on the issue ha ha!
Will post any replies (or inform about lack of....)

Dear Cllr......
Following reports in today's MEN regarding the proposed new stadium in Moston, off Lightbowne Road by FC United of Manchester, can you please reply with your views on this issue. I appreciate at this stage the stadium is only a proposal - but I am positive you will have an idea if you are for or against the idea.

The council elections - as I am sure you are aware - are a matter of weeks away and your view on this issue is very important to me in determining whether or not your party gets my vote - or not.

I look forward to your reply

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Just fired this email off to all three Moston councillors, been careful not to give any indication as to my thoughts on the issue, but requested that they give me their views on the issue ha ha!

Dear Cllr......
Following reports in today's MEN regarding the proposed new stadium in Moston, off Lightbowne Road by FC United of Manchester, can you please reply with your views on this issue. I appreciate at this stage the stadium is only a proposal - but I am positive you will have an idea if you are for or against the idea.

The council elections - as I am sure you are aware - are a matter of weeks away and your view on this issue is very important to me in determining whether or not your party gets my vote - or not.

very good i've got my leaflet from them at home asking for our support. Hmmmm waits for replies lol

Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Dear Cllr......

I should have done that with my email and kept it completely free of personal views. I would expect, it being built in Moston, the whole of the Moston Ward being asked about their views. I doubt this will happen though.

It's a bit dubious that it used to be public ground that was used for footy, walking the dog, the fair etc. but then it got fenced off suddenly and renamed. They were supposed to be building astroturf pitches on there, I presume for Moston Juniors?, but that never materialized. To me, it seems like a bit of a coincidence that they've let the ground go to shit after looking after it for so many years, then selling it off to the highest bidder.

The council loves the whiff of money, certainly more than it listens to its constituents.

I just can't fathom how they've found an extra £100k in the space of 4 weeks. £650k for the Ten Acres Lane site, £750k for the Moston site. I thought we were skint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.