FC united of Bury moving on my doorstep...... :(

sirtaki said:
Soulboy said:
Oh my God!

You seriously believe you somehow have the moral high ground just because you support a pub team!

What about Rochdale fans? Or Latics fans?

Can't they claim even higher moral ground than you... simply because of the fact that they didn't dump their club just so they can look cool to their mates!"

You're all just rags. The only difference is that the ones who stayed at Old Trafford support just the one club... while you bunch of Judases pick and choose which team to support as the occasion suits...

And as for the "antipathy" of what a Premiership club is all about... do me a favour!

You have a bigger commercial set up than some Championship clubs. You sold out your "principles" when you changed kick off times and took the TV money... just like your "big" team does.

You have a club that is ten times bigger than any other in the leagues you have been playing in, and most of your "followers" are grizzled old survivors from Doc's Red Army days. This is a club that is all about ego.

Oh, and it's "have" not "of". I'm surprised someone who can spell antipathy can't spell have...
I thought cup games get moved about unlike league games.

Eh?

League games don't get moved about for TV?

Are you speaking from a time machine in 1965 by any chance?

Soulboy said:
sirtaki said:
I thought cup games get moved about unlike league games.

Eh?

You quoted a cup game that FCUM moved dates for, but they never change league games dates, that's what I meant.

sirtaki said:
Soulboy said:
Eh?

You quoted a cup game that FCUM moved dates for, but they never change league games dates, that's what I meant.

They changed Cup dates because they were offered money.

That's all.

Or do principles only apply for their league games and Cup games don't count!

To be fair, that is probably an accurate reflection of FCUMs principles!

Soulboy said:
sirtaki said:

They changed Cup dates because they were offered money.

That's all.

Or do principles only apply for their league games and Cup games don't count!

To be fair, that is probably an accurate reflection of FCUMs principles!
It was a FA cup game, 2 teams playing, they could have said no, and dropped out of the cup, I believe that one one of the options they thought about.

But like I said, cup games get moved.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
M72 said:
Some people think I may be nuts to come on here, but I'll offer to clear up a few misconceptions...

Whilst Ten Acres Lane has been deemed financially unviable by the council, MCC had already committed funding to Ronald Johnson for an alternative project long before the government directed cuts. The council wants FCUM and its community programme in Manchester, which is why it is planning to help with the Moston site. £750k hasn't suddenly been found, it had already been allocated, and not initially for FCUM's benefit.

The council has given the club an agreement that they will support FCUM. The council cannot guarantee planning permission for the development as this is a statutory process beyond their control. However, just as at Ten Acres Lane FCUM will look to work closely with the residents in the new area to consult them about the plans, develop facilities for their benefit and hopefully bring them on board. Consultation is both a statutory requirement and something the club want to do in a meaningful way.

Residents may campaign against building on the alternative site, although that in itself doesn’t automatically mean the club wouldn’t get planning permission. The club do of course want residents to want the club there and will work with them to get their support and consult them. The club constitution binds them to delivering benefit to local communities, and showing how they will do this will help ensure residents are onside.

Personally speaking, I think the whole project would benefit the area on a number of levels, not least community engagement, regeneration and employment. Yep, we're red, and that'll grate with many on here, but we think this is a positive move by the council and the club for the area, and believe that the fact we are 'rags' shouldn't be an obstacle in a scheme that will be of long term benefit to the community.

I'm sure I'll get a proper slagging for even daring to look, let alone contribute to this forum, but as your discussion shows up fairly high on search engine rankings, I come in peace and thought I'd address some of your issues. I don't expect you to roll out the welcome mat, but there you have it, any questions you want answering, I'll give it a go...

Peace and love...

An FCUM fan, Burnage.

If it such the utopia you claim it will be, get the stadium built in Burnage then!

There simply isnt the room, with the park in the middle of two roads with no parking. Lightbowne Road is very busy also on City's matchdays, so add another thousand cars into the process and the roads will be a nightmare.

Monsall Hospital site would be the best bet - not in a residential area, 5 minutes walk from a new tram stop and plenty of room for cars too.
Keep Moston Green

-- Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:52 pm --

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
I wonder if mad eyed has had any replies to his email he sent to the local councillors ? No doubt there keeping there heads down seeing it's close to the local elections I think this would be a great opportunity for the green party to run with this issue !

Yes!! Just got back form work....
Cllr Murphy emailed first thing this morning:
Thanks for your mail. You are correct that this is still a proposal. Until
we see concrete proposals we cannot comment. I hold the view that the
covenant must be honoured and that scheme should benefit all of Moston's
people including youngsters who in the middle of winter change in a car on
Lightbowne Road and go home full of dirt to shower. They are important to
and they don't have a vote
Regards
Paul

And this just in from Cllr Cooper:
When we know more, we will let the public know

So both completely ignore the question...... the topic is simple..... are you in favour of concreting over green space in Moston or are you not. It's not like the choice is FCUM or a factory or a bus depot..... it's concrete or grass.....

Is it too late to put someone up as a Keep Moston Green candidate in next months elections?

-- Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:20 pm --

Just fired this email off to the three councillors and Richard Leese as Cllr Murphy cc'd me into his reply

Cllr Murphy
Thanks for the reply -
Whilst I appreciate you say you cannot make any comment until you see concrete (rather ironic use of the word there!) proposals, I still feel you will have already made your mind up about this issue.
The topic isn't ''OK, do we go for FCUM, a factory or a bus depot on the site?''
The topic is do you wish to see a concrete covering of grassed area and a football stadium and car park built at the site - or do you wish to keep a green and open space in a built up residential area for people to enjoy for years to come?

Thanks
Mad Eyed Screamer ;)

While I agree with the councillor about building some changing rooms it's a whole different ball game in building a stadium, when the kids are playing football on there I still have free access to walk round with the dog and watch a bit of football ! But if a stadium is built then that access and the playing field will have gone forever !

Viva Rivaldo said:
Is there any argument to say that gripes amongst locals would be counterbalanced by an upturn in local economy on matchdays?

It would be ironic to think that the nearest pub to the proposed stadium site is/was the Lightbowne.Which after being unused and almost derelict for the last few years is now being demolished.
And the other local pubs have also shut i.e. The Museum,The Ben Brierley,and my former local The Thatched House. All of these hosteleries could have benefitted from 2/3,000 thirsty football fans coming to Moston every other weekend.
I,m sure the owners of The Bluebell and The Deanway are rubbing their hands in anticipation of making a nice little earner every fortnight.

manclad said:
Viva Rivaldo said:
Is there any argument to say that gripes amongst locals would be counterbalanced by an upturn in local economy on matchdays?

It would be ironic to think that the nearest pub to the proposed stadium site is/was the Lightbowne.Which after being unused and almost derelict for the last few years is now being demolished.
And the other local pubs have also shut i.e. The Museum,The Ben Brierley,and my former local The Thatched House. All of these hosteleries could have benefitted from 2/3,000 thirsty football fans coming to Moston every other weekend.
I,m sure the owners of The Bluebell and The Deanway are rubbing their hands in anticipation of making a nice little earner every fortnight.

The nearest pub is the Dean Brook Inn on St Marys Rd.

Is it worth getting rid of that park just to benefit two pubs and a handful of relevant shops in the local area?

orangupingu_mcfc said:

The nearest pub is the Dean Brook Inn on St Marys Rd.

Is it worth getting rid of that park just to benefit two pubs and a handful of relevant shops in the local area?
I can't understand why Ten acres lane site was dismissed,it's got a sports complex in situe with a full size football pitch, they are offering more money to build on this new site and it's destroying a park area, is all about lining pockets?

Had they a true and honest interest in Non-league football they would have gone and watched one of the many clubs in the area that could have done with their support. They have used their financial muscle to the detriment of those clubs, many with long and proud histories. I've spoken to quite a few fans of other NL clubs they've visited and to a man they despise FCUM and their fans. Whereas most fans will treat an awayday to another NL club as an opportunity to make friends, FCUM always leave a nasty smell. To say they have no ambition beyond Non-league would be a downright lie. I'm unaware that they had any defined community locality for which they provide community work and suspect any they do will have been done for opportunistic reasons, opportunistic is their DNA. They are the bastard offspring spawn of a despicable behemoth and no public money should be granted to a private members club for dickheads.

"Won't pay glazer or work for Sky"

but give us £67,000 and you can put us on Babestation for all we care, fuck our morals and one of the main reasons we were formed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.