FC United - Oral Hearing - judge rejects appeal (p 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FC United - vandalism on the proposed site? (page 32)

bakerdave76 said:
this in todays menu
<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1590666_campaigners-kick-off-legal-action-in-fc-united-battle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ted-battle</a>

Thanks baker i was going to post the link but didnt get home till late from work.

The M.U.E.N.'s story.........

A legal challenge over football club FC United’s proposed new home has moved a step closer to court.

The club, formed in protest at the Glazer family takeover of Manchester United, was granted planning permission last year to build a 5,000-capacity stadium on Ronald Johnson Playing Fields off Lightbowne Road in Moston.

But campaigners opposed to the £3.5m development launched a protest, claiming that the planning process was flawed.

A residents’ group fighting the stadium plans announced its intention in July to seek a judicial review.

Now the M.E.N. can reveal that a formal notice of an application for a judicial review has been lodged with Manchester council.

The residents’ group, Residents United Residents Association (RURA), said papers had also been lodged with the courts.

A judge is now likely to rule on whether a hearing is justified.

In a statement, the non-league club said: “Manchester council has received notice of an application for judicial review. As we have previously explained to co-owners, this could cause a delay to our build programme.”

Bosses said the club would be speaking to the council to further assess the situation.

Annette McGovern, chair of RURA, said: “The judicial review process has started. Manchester council has 21 days to respond to it.

“It is now official. It is something that we have worked towards – a step forward.”

Any challenge is likely to be mounted at the High Court in London.

The council said it could not comment on the development due to the ongoing legal process.

The M.E.N. reported in August that FC United were to step up security at the site, which was previously used by Moston Juniors, after a spate of attacks. Attackers used weedkiller to burn out 10ft-high letters spelling out ‘No to FC Utd’ on the land, poured concrete into goal posts and sprayed anti-FC United graffiti on a container.

The club said more than 5,600 residents sent letters of support to the council over the development.

Dictionary defininition of a 'spate' "A large number of similar things or events appearing or occurring in quick succession:" So that would be three then would it, three things = a spate, hmm great journalism.

blue cigar said:
hmmm,down to below 900 against mossley when big utd were playing? the confused ***** showing their values eh.
good luck with the campaign tueart.

Thanks Blue Cigar just found out our leader lives in the USA now i didn't know that ............... Moston to Boston come in what do i do next ?<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:16 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Mist said:
The M.U.E.N.'s story.........

A legal challenge over football club FC United’s proposed new home has moved a step closer to court.

The club, formed in protest at the Glazer family takeover of Manchester United, was granted planning permission last year to build a 5,000-capacity stadium on Ronald Johnson Playing Fields off Lightbowne Road in Moston.

But campaigners opposed to the £3.5m development launched a protest, claiming that the planning process was flawed.

A residents’ group fighting the stadium plans announced its intention in July to seek a judicial review.

Now the M.E.N. can reveal that a formal notice of an application for a judicial review has been lodged with Manchester council.

The residents’ group, Residents United Residents Association (RURA), said papers had also been lodged with the courts.

A judge is now likely to rule on whether a hearing is justified.

In a statement, the non-league club said: “Manchester council has received notice of an application for judicial review. As we have previously explained to co-owners, this could cause a delay to our build programme.”

Bosses said the club would be speaking to the council to further assess the situation.

Annette McGovern, chair of RURA, said: “The judicial review process has started. Manchester council has 21 days to respond to it.

“It is now official. It is something that we have worked towards – a step forward.”

Any challenge is likely to be mounted at the High Court in London.

The council said it could not comment on the development due to the ongoing legal process.

The M.E.N. reported in August that FC United were to step up security at the site, which was previously used by Moston Juniors, after a spate of attacks. Attackers used weedkiller to burn out 10ft-high letters spelling out ‘No to FC Utd’ on the land, poured concrete into goal posts and sprayed anti-FC United graffiti on a container.

The club said more than 5,600 residents sent letters of support to the council over the development.

Dictionary defininition of a 'spate' "A large number of similar things or events appearing or occurring in quick succession:" So that would be three then would it, three things = a spate, hmm great journalism.

Residents ALL from Moston ? I think Not

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
blue cigar said:
hmmm,down to below 900 against mossley when big utd were playing? the confused ***** showing their values eh.

Thanks Blue Cigar just found out our leader lives in the USA now i didn't know that ............... Moston to Boston come in what do i do next ?

Receiving you loud and clear, OK, here's the next plan of action, remember Swampy? I've asked him to go and dig a tunnel under the RJPF and live down there for a few months, so can you all start digging?
I've sent you some spades in the post, should be with you in a week....

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
blue cigar said:

Thanks Blue Cigar just found out our leader lives in the USA now i didn't know that ............... Moston to Boston come in what do i do next ?

Receiving you loud and clear, OK, here's the next plan of action, remember Swampy? I've asked him to go and dig a tunnel under the RJPF and live down there for a few months, so can you all start digging?

Do you mean swampy from FCUM is actually a plant from the no'ers well I'd have never believed it :) your an inspiration to us all over and out ps is it shovels or spades ?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Do you mean swampy from FCUM is actually a plant from the no'ers well I'd have never believed it :) your an inspiration to us all over and out ps is it shovels or spades ?

I don't know, take your pick.

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1591348_cries-of-foul-as-graffiti-stirs-up-fc-united-pitch-battle-in-moston" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... -in-moston</a>

Slow news day so there now reporting that FCUM have put graffiti on the changing rooms but FC have made a statement
" The statement reads: "We have spoken to our supporters and we do not believe that anybody connected with FC United has anything to do with the graffiti. The ‘no’ campaign have continuously vandalised Ronald Johnson Playing Fields and it would appear that vandalism is now spreading."

although the club say they are confident it is not the work of their fans. They appeared to suggest that the graffiti, which reads: "M40 4FC", was the work of ‘no’campaigners trying to stir up trouble.

So when its against FC is has to be be the No campaigners and when its for FC it has to be the No campaigners ?

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1591348_cries-of-foul-as-graffiti-stirs-up-fc-united-pitch-battle-in-moston

Slow news day so there now reporting that FCUM have put graffiti on the changing rooms but FC have made a statement
" The statement reads: "We have spoken to our supporters and we do not believe that anybody connected with FC United has anything to do with the graffiti. The ‘no’ campaign have continuously vandalised Ronald Johnson Playing Fields and it would appear that vandalism is now spreading."

although the club say they are confident it is not the work of their fans. They appeared to suggest that the graffiti, which reads: "M40 4FC", was the work of ‘no’campaigners trying to stir up trouble.

So when its against FC is has to be be the No campaigners and when its for FC it has to be the No campaigners ?

Just returned to Boston after my secret few days back home. I thought the customs officer's dog was going to sniff me out with spray paint all over my hands, but I got away with it ;)

Re: FC United - new graffiti wars!!!! (page 36)

FC United v Hereford FA Cup 4th Q rd getting beat 2-0.. Down to 10 men, 5mins to go.. Most would give up and make there way to the exits....NOT at FCe. It's turn the volume up even louder and get behind the team, 90mins football 90mins singing.

What Moston can expect.......and dont get fc$%king jealous...you were shit at WBA. like always and like most premiership clubs...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGD5qwpx9ms&list=UULDt6FaE-gfAxM-oPZ2Q3Iw&index=1&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGD5qwpx ... ature=plcp</a><br /><br />-- Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:49 pm --<br /><br />if you wanna join in?

woke up this morning feeling fine,
Got punk football on my mind,
We play football the way, the way that we should,
Oh yeah,
Something tells me I'm into something good.

Re: FC United - new graffiti wars!!!! (page 36)

underthemoonlight said:
FC United v Hereford FA Cup 4th Q rd getting beat 2-0.. Down to 10 men, 5mins to go.. Most would give up and make there way to the exits....NOT at FCe. It's turn the volume up even louder and get behind the team, 90mins football 90mins singing.

What Moston can expect.......and dont get fc$%king jealous...you were shit at WBA. like always and like most premiership clubs...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGD5qwpx9ms&list=UULDt6FaE-gfAxM-oPZ2Q3Iw&index=1&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGD5qwpx ... ature=plcp</a>

-- Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:49 pm --

if you wanna join in?

woke up this morning feeling fine,
Got punk football on my mind,
We play football the way, the way that we should,
Oh yeah,
Something tells me I'm into something good.

Haha, "punk football"?! Dear god. You'd think FC United were the only fans who have ever carried on singing when their team were losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.