FC United - Oral Hearing - judge rejects appeal (p 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FC United - an ode or two about FCUM (pg 44)

Mikecini said:
pauldominic said:
Mikecini said:
Paul you have grabbed firmly onto the wrong end of the stick here. The last post was firmly aimed at Zutroy.

In fact your response is an abridged version of your entire argument. Basically you are for the 'development' because you have friends, as it happens from a ''committed christian family'', who support it for it and no other reason. This 'reason' is enough in your eyes to decry all other argument regardless.

I've discussed local issues with MES and we have established a consensus.

The last post was firmly aimed in my direction as well.

Answer my Question:

Who is responsible for the planning process in Manchester?

Manchester City Council or FCUoM?

Most of your post is nonsense.

Apologies for the nonsense.....the edited version. Not really that difficult to Join the dots but there you go.

In fact your response is an abridged version of your entire argument. Basically you are for the 'development' because you have friends, as it happens, from a ''committed christian family'', who support it and for no other reason. This 'reason' is enough in your eyes to decry all other argument regardless.

My second response but last words on this subject, you keep banging your head.

hahaha - raggy boy.

Roberto and his committed christian friends and players will take note.

lloydie said:
JM Mcr said:
PistonBlue said:
Once again,the self appreciating rag arrogance shines through.

FCUM: Can we build a stadium in Moston please?

some Moston Residents: No. Those fields belong to the community, and we have other concerns like parking problems etc. No, we really would prefer it if you looked elsewhere.

FCUM: Yes, well, erm, we don't really give a shit what you think. We're gonna build it anyway.

That's the spirit, treat everyone as you would want to be treated yorselves.
I live pretty near the proposed development, tho not actually within the boundaries of Moston, and know at least as many Moston residents that are in favour of the stadium as that are against it.

Of those I know that are against it, many object on environmental grounds (loss of a greenfield space, parking & traffic concerns, noise, refuse etc) but I also know a fair few who object purely on the basis that they don't want "those red t**ts round here"...

There's no doubt in my mind that the majority of the "anti" FC campaigners are driven by a fear of a decline in their environment and living standards but it'd be foolish to pretend some people aren't against the development purely because of the perceived Utd link.

Even in this thread references are made to rags or mini rags and some people make no attempt to disguise their dislike of FC as a club, or concept, rather than just stating the case against the proposed stadium.

Incidentally I thought Moston was the council's choice rather than FC Utd's. Wasn't 10 Acre Lane their preferred site?

You're right, in that MCC pulled the plug on Ten Acre which was FC's preferred choice. What alternatives to the current site were proposed is unclear, to me at least.

You don't say how many of those in favour are FC/Utd fans swayed by an allegiance or how many of those in favour would be directly affected by the development. It is clear that those fighting this are doing so not because of the Utd thing but because it directly affects their quality of life.

The council drew up a shortlist of three sites.
Wythenshawe Park, Hough End and Moston.

Wythenshawe Park was to have been to build a stadium around the current athletics track. It was dismissed as it was said FCUM would not want to have a running track around the pitch.

Hough End would have been groundsharing with Broughton Park RUFC. This was ruled out as FCUM wanted their own ground and there were concerns about the state of the pitch with both sets of games being played at the same time.

Also, the council thought both Wythenshawe and Hough End proposals would see local residents campaigning against the plans.........

So Moston was chosen!!!!!!

pauldominic said:
Mikecini said:
pauldominic said:
I've discussed local issues with MES and we have established a consensus.

The last post was firmly aimed in my direction as well.

Answer my Question:

Who is responsible for the planning process in Manchester?

Manchester City Council or FCUoM?

Most of your post is nonsense.

Apologies for the nonsense.....the edited version. Not really that difficult to Join the dots but there you go.

In fact your response is an abridged version of your entire argument. Basically you are for the 'development' because you have friends, as it happens, from a ''committed christian family'', who support it and for no other reason. This 'reason' is enough in your eyes to decry all other argument regardless.

hahaha - raggy boy.

To confirm everone else's reading of my post, "raggy boy" was aimed at the raggy boy not you PD. The criticism that was made of you is because of what you have amply demonstrated in the last couple of pages, an inability to hold or consider the subject in a rational manner.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
lloydie said:
JM Mcr said:
I live pretty near the proposed development, tho not actually within the boundaries of Moston, and know at least as many Moston residents that are in favour of the stadium as that are against it.

Of those I know that are against it, many object on environmental grounds (loss of a greenfield space, parking & traffic concerns, noise, refuse etc) but I also know a fair few who object purely on the basis that they don't want "those red t**ts round here"...

There's no doubt in my mind that the majority of the "anti" FC campaigners are driven by a fear of a decline in their environment and living standards but it'd be foolish to pretend some people aren't against the development purely because of the perceived Utd link.

Even in this thread references are made to rags or mini rags and some people make no attempt to disguise their dislike of FC as a club, or concept, rather than just stating the case against the proposed stadium.

Incidentally I thought Moston was the council's choice rather than FC Utd's. Wasn't 10 Acre Lane their preferred site?

You're right, in that MCC pulled the plug on Ten Acre which was FC's preferred choice. What alternatives to the current site were proposed is unclear, to me at least.

You don't say how many of those in favour are FC/Utd fans swayed by an allegiance or how many of those in favour would be directly affected by the development. It is clear that those fighting this are doing so not because of the Utd thing but because it directly affects their quality of life.

Wythenshawe Park was to have been to build a stadium around the current athletics track. It was dismissed as it was said FCUM would not want to have a running track around the pitch.

Hough End would have been groundsharing with Broughton Park RUFC. This was ruled out as FCUM wanted their own ground and there were concerns about the state of the pitch with both sets of games being played at the same time.

Also, the council thought both Wythenshawe and Hough End proposals would see local residents campaigning against the plans.........

Thanks for the clarification, MES.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
lloydie said:
JM Mcr said:

Thank you again MES seriously.

lloydie said:
pauldominic said:
Mikecini said:

hahaha - raggy boy.

To confirm everone else's reading of my post, "raggy boy" was aimed at the raggy boy not you PD. The criticism that was made of you is because of what you have amply demonstrated in the last couple of pages, an inability to hold or consider the subject in a rational manner.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
lloydie said:

I totally disagree lloydie.

I formed a consensus with MES and that is the nature of debate.

Fulwood Amateurs share the clubhouse with Preston Grasshoppers

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fulwoodamateurs.co.uk/contactus.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fulwoodamateurs.co.uk/contactus.htm</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.pgrfc.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pgrfc.co.uk/</a>

The point is that listening to people is good such as MES.and there is nothing wrong with a local football club.

Re: FC United - 3 board members resign after AGM! (pg 48)

If the people of Moston had wanted a local football club I suspect they would have set one up, built the facilities and created a community outreach programme at some point in the last 100 years or so.

Parachuting ANY club into an existing community simply because it avoids embarrassment for local councillors and/or gets rid of a short term logistical problem for said club is plain wrong.

Taking into consideration the fact that very few of the people on the board or amongst the support of FCUM are Mostonians and from what I understand only a minority are Mancunians it baffles me as to why a Manchester City Council and the elected representatives of the wards in and around Moston are bending over backwards to accomodate such a move.

To add insult to injury the reason for FCUM's existence is purely based around the desire to NOT support a club based in Trafford, again no local links to Moston at all.

However you look at the proposals for FCUM's move into Moston, on a covenanted site which was gifted to the community (NOT Manchester City Council BTW, but the local community of Moston) it is wrong.

People from FCUM can woman and moan all they like and feel as if they are being victimised til the cows come home but that is plainly and demonstrably NOT the case.

FCUM never wanted Moston, they never chose Moston, they never consulted with Mostonians themselves. Moston is not the clubs spiritual home. FCUM have NO links to Moston.

About half (if what I read and am told) of Mostonians dont want the club on the land that they want to build on or within the area at all.

That is where the debate should have ended but for dodgy political deals locally and a planning process that has been so well greased as to be headed up by John Travlota.

pauldominic said:
lloydie said:
pauldominic said:
hahaha - raggy boy.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fulwoodamateurs.co.uk/contactus.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fulwoodamateurs.co.uk/contactus.htm</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.pgrfc.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pgrfc.co.uk/</a>

The point is that listening to people is good such as MES.and there is nothing wrong with a local football club.

Fulwood and PGRFC have nothing to do with the debate though, and whilst I'd wholeheartedly agree that there is nothing wrong with a LOCAL football club, FCUM do not remotely resemble that description.
Can you give us some idea of where your friends live as I could probably find them an amatuer club near where they live ? Do they have a PR postcode?

lloydie said:
pauldominic said:
lloydie said:

Fulwood and PGRFC have nothing to do with the debate though, and whilst I'd wholeheartedly agree that there is nothing wrong with a LOCAL football club, FCUM do not remotely resemble that description.
Can you give us some idea of where your friends live as I could probably find them an amatuer club near where they live ? Do they have a PR postcode?

The principle as I understand it behind FCUoM is to set up an amateur football based on the original location of Newton Heath. I see nothing wrong with that.

That's why we have a planning process and the problem is with the council - not the club.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_Heath#FC_United_of_Manchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_Hea ... Manchester</a>

Re: FC United - 3 board members resign after AGM! (pg 48)

Can you answer my questions please Paul ?

Contrary to your guesswork it had nothing to do with Newton Heath. Their stated aspiration was "building their own 7,000–10,000 capacity stadium, as close to the centre of Greater Manchester as possible, by 2012"

JM Mcr said:
PistonBlue said:
Tueartsoverhead kick said:
3 members of the FC board resigned after their AGM on Friday !

One quote :
In our short history, we have become renowned for treating everyone as we would like to be treated.
Tonight's events have made me question that. For the members and board to treat a fellow member and fellow board member in that fashion is nothing short of disgraceful.
We are all different, we have our own opinions on how things should be done. That is a healthy way to run a club. But for gods sake?
To conduct a witchhunt in public is not the FC way, I was embarrassed at being part of FC tonight.

Oh dear ....

Once again,the self appreciating rag arrogance shines through.

FCUM: Can we build a stadium in Moston please?

some Moston Residents: No. Those fields belong to the community, and we have other concerns like parking problems etc. No, we really would prefer it if you looked elsewhere.

FCUM: Yes, well, erm, we don't really give a shit what you think. We're gonna build it anyway.

That's the spirit, treat everyone as you would want to be treated yorselves.

People refer to 'mini rags' because that is exactly what they are. You know why they were set up, you know their name, you know the colours they chose to wear.

I'm from Moston and I don't know anyone that wants this to happen. Actually I do know a few people who want it, but they don't happen to live in Moston. Funny that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.