FC United - Oral Hearing - judge rejects appeal (p 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FC United - 3 board members resign after AGM! (pg 48)

lloydie said:
pauldominic said:
lloydie said:
I answered all your questions, I called SB a City friendly rag, you loon, not you.

Q1
answer; Source= Stuart Brennan MEN
Q2
answer; Yes you can edit wikipedia. But not Stuart Brennan in the MEN.

Strewth, again, where does your mate who supports FCUM live? And is he aware of the aspiration made at a FCUM AGM that did not stipulate Newton Heath?

Hmmm....

Interesting.

I'll find out their version of events, although I can't believe that the original motivation has disappeared.

Also does Stuart Brennan really think City are concerned about FCUoM?

If you go looking for the lowest common denominator, its a planning dispute, but my interest has been well and truly sparked.

Hallefuckinlulah, light breaks where no sun shines.

Now where the fuck in Preston do they live that makes supporting their local club in Moston so convenient?

And ask them for a copy of the Annual meeting minutes from 2006 because you have a habit of believing made up stuff told to you by your fellow travellers.

We have a rather unusual church where people travel from all over Lancashire so you shouldn't make such assumptions.

I note with interest that the aforementioned wikipedia hyperlink was edited 3 weeks ago - not in 2006.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_Heath#FC_United_of_Manchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_Hea ... Manchester</a>

If you know "the facts of the case", why do you refuse to update wikipedia?

Two more questions follow from your narrative: -

Why does a "pro-city rag" label increase Stuart Brennan's credibility?
Why should the Champions of the Premier League have any concern about FCUoM?

bluemanc said:
bakerdave76 said:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1593944_fc-united-and-manchester-college-team-up-on-and-off-the-pitch
Ahh.... FC United and Manchester College...... the principal at the time of the Moston stadium plans being announced just happened to be married to one of Moston's three councillors. Not surprisingly, she was in favour of the plans..... yet never once declared her conflict of interest until forced to at the planning meeting itself
Is that true.

Yes it is true!
Although she wasn't as such 'forced' to declare it at the planning meeting, but she became aware that people knew there was a clash of interest and therefore felt the need to say it, as the awareness of the issue only come out the previous few days / week about her husband's links (or the college's links) to FC United. A lot of campaigners were not happy that in all the meetings she had with them, she never mentioned it once - or more to the point, she didn't remove herself from any support - for or against - on the issue, due to her clash of interest.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
bluemanc said:
bakerdave76 said:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1593944_fc-united-and-manchester-college-team-up-on-and-off-the-pitch
Ahh.... FC United and Manchester College...... the principal at the time of the Moston stadium plans being announced just happened to be married to one of Moston's three councillors. Not surprisingly, she was in favour of the plans..... yet never once declared her conflict of interest until forced to at the planning meeting itself
Is that true.

Yes it is true!
Although she wasn't as such 'forced' to declare it at the planning meeting, she was clearly aware that people knew there was a clash of interest and therefore felt the need to say it, as an awareness of the issue only come out the previous few days / week about her husband's links (or the college's links) to FC United and a lot of campaigners were not happy that in all the meetings she had with them, she never mentioned it once - or more to the point, she didn't remove herself from any support - for or against - the issue due to her clash of interest.

More Clarity and thanks MES!

Myerscough College in Lancashire have similar links to golf, cricket, rugby and football clubs etc.

pauldominic said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
bluemanc said:
Is that true.

Yes it is true!
Although she wasn't as such 'forced' to declare it at the planning meeting, she was clearly aware that people knew there was a clash of interest and therefore felt the need to say it, as an awareness of the issue only come out the previous few days / week about her husband's links (or the college's links) to FC United and a lot of campaigners were not happy that in all the meetings she had with them, she never mentioned it once - or more to the point, she didn't remove herself from any support - for or against - the issue due to her clash of interest.

Myerscough College in Lancashire have similar links to golf, cricket, rugby and football clubs etc.

No problem.
I have no issue with colleges doing this sort of thing, it's just when local councillors are supporting such schemes (or supporting the building of a 5,000 capacity stadium and training area on a green field to help support such schemes) it is vital that they inform us in advance if they are married to the Principle of the college in question - or decline to become involved in the issue altogether.

Re: FC United - an ode or two about FCUM (pg 44)

JM Mcr said:
PistonBlue said:
Tueartsoverhead kick said:
3 members of the FC board resigned after their AGM on Friday !

One quote :
In our short history, we have become renowned for treating everyone as we would like to be treated.
Tonight's events have made me question that. For the members and board to treat a fellow member and fellow board member in that fashion is nothing short of disgraceful.
We are all different, we have our own opinions on how things should be done. That is a healthy way to run a club. But for gods sake?
To conduct a witchhunt in public is not the FC way, I was embarrassed at being part of FC tonight.

Oh dear ....

Once again,the self appreciating rag arrogance shines through.

FCUM: Can we build a stadium in Moston please?

some Moston Residents: No. Those fields belong to the community, and we have other concerns like parking problems etc. No, we really would prefer it if you looked elsewhere.

FCUM: Yes, well, erm, we don't really give a shit what you think. We're gonna build it anyway.

That's the spirit, treat everyone as you would want to be treated yorselves.
I live pretty near the proposed development, tho not actually within the boundaries of Moston, and know at least as many Moston residents that are in favour of the stadium as that are against it.

Of those I know that are against it, many object on environmental grounds (loss of a greenfield space, parking & traffic concerns, noise, refuse etc) but I also know a fair few who object purely on the basis that they don't want "those red t**ts round here"...

There's no doubt in my mind that the majority of the "anti" FC campaigners are driven by a fear of a decline in their environment and living standards but it'd be foolish to pretend some people aren't against the development purely because of the perceived Utd link.

Even in this thread references are made to rags or mini rags and some people make no attempt to disguise their dislike of FC as a club, or concept, rather than just stating the case against the proposed stadium.

Incidentally I thought Moston was the council's choice rather than FC Utd's. Wasn't 10 Acre Lane their preferred site?

I agree JM ...

It's a planning dispute so the argument is with the council - not the club.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:12 pm --<br /><br />
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
pauldominic said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Yes it is true!

No problem.
I have no issue with colleges doing this sort of thing, it's just when local councillors are supporting such schemes (or supporting the building of a 5,000 capacity stadium and training area on a green field to help support such schemes) it is vital that they inform us in advance if they are married to the Principle of the college in question - or decline to become involved in the issue altogether.

Indeed I agree.

pauldominic said:
lloydie said:
pauldominic said:
Hmmm....

Interesting.

I'll find out their version of events, although I can't believe that the original motivation has disappeared.

Also does Stuart Brennan really think City are concerned about FCUoM?

If you go looking for the lowest common denominator, its a planning dispute, but my interest has been well and truly sparked.

Now where the fuck in Preston do they live that makes supporting their local club in Moston so convenient?

And ask them for a copy of the Annual meeting minutes from 2006 because you have a habit of believing made up stuff told to you by your fellow travellers.

We have a rather unusual church where people travel from all over Lancashire so you shouldn't make such assumptions.

The big Jehovah's Witness church in Chorley?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
pauldominic said:
lloydie said:

That's a Mormon church. I did a few jobs on there when they were building it. Pain in the fucking arse to work on with all the stupid rules they had. Normal building sites have health and safety rules. This one had no smoking on site, no swearing(asking builders not the swear ffs) no newspapers with tits in(page 3 etc)
Loads of contractors turned up and just fucked off as soon as they saw the rules.

stony said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
pauldominic said:

That's a Mormon church. I did a few jobs on there when they were building it. Pain in the fucking arse to work on with all the stupid rules they had. Normal building sites have health and safety rules. This one had no smoking on site, no swearing(asking builders not the swear ffs) no newspapers with tits in(page 3 etc)
Loads of contractors turned up and just fucked off as soon as they saw the rules.

Mormons / Jehovah Witness's...... what's the fucking difference? ;)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
stony said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Haha, I've worked all over the place but never found a crazier set of rules than that place. Didn't stop me from smoking on site though. Food factories, oil refineries etc I never lit up once. Fucked if I was going to go without a smoke because some god bothering fuckwit didn't want me to "contaminate their holy ground" though

stony said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
stony said:

Haha, I've worked all over the place but never found a crazier set of rules than that place. Didn't stop me from smoking on site though. Food factories, oil refineries etc I never lit up once. Fucked if I was going to go without a smoke because some god bothering fuckwit didn't want me to "contaminate their holy ground" though

1992...... I'm on a flight from Auckland to Hawaii and there's an awful lot of college kids from America in the departure lounge all wearing the same tracksuits (no, they weren't Scousers). On the plane, opposite my aisle there are three of them... female and fit as fuck..... so I begin to plot my entry into the mile high club.....
My chat up line began with asking them where they were from. ''Salt Lake City'' was the reply. Straight away I went into over drive......
''Really? That's where all the Mormons are from isn't it? Hey, when I was in my late teens, there was this song called Gordon is a moron..... and there was this family lived on our street who were Mormons and about every 6 weeks they would host Sunday morning meetings and when they did, me and my friends stood on their wall and chanted ''Gordon is a Mormon'' and they chased us off (me laughing)...so what college are you from?''

''The Mormon University of Salt Lake City'' came the reply......

I said ''oh'', put the headphones on and watched the film in the full knowledge that i would not be joining the mile high club that night...

Bloody hell..... I've gone from saving the Ronald Johnson Playing Field to attempting to shag a Mormon on an areoplane in the same thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.