FC United - Oral Hearing - judge rejects appeal (p 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FC United - 3 board members resign after AGM! (pg 48)

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
Good evening everyone
Just a note to let everyone know we have a court date of the 18th Dec 2012 at the District registry of the high court in Manchester.

Wish us luck

So they got it moved from London to Manchester?
Let's just hope the judge is a Bitter Bertie - just like all the locals campaigning against the development ;)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Good evening everyone
Just a note to let everyone know we have a court date of the 18th Dec 2012 at the District registry of the high court in Manchester.

Wish us luck

Let's just hope the judge is a Bitter Bertie - just like all the locals campaigning against the development ;)

Better check who the judge is going to be and see if he is a blue lol

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Good evening everyone

Wish us luck

Better check who the judge is going to be and see if he is a blue lol

or she...... Judge Judy looks a good bet - heard she doesn't like FCUM.
36dhbu.jpg

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Good evening everyone

Wish us luck

Yep Manchester is better for us too..I,m sure many on here know the reasons why it is? (many thanks for your membership renewal) your funds are much appreciated and will help us in our build.

underthemoonlight said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Good evening everyone

Wish us luck

Yep Manchester is better for us too..I,m sure many on here know the reasons why it is? (many thanks for your membership renewal) your funds are much appreciated and will help us in our build.

Well I personally didn't sign up for a membership, one person in RURA did and then shared his / her user name and password to access the members only section on your forum for everyone else to access. Money well worth spending ;)

underthemoonlight said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Good evening everyone

Wish us luck

Thats OK underthemoonlight I've never had to pay for a membership because i work with 2 FC fans who don't bother with the internet or forums and i used one of their membership details to gain access because they don't know of my objection to where the stadium is being built and they know i DON'T have a problem with FC so we don't just have one account that we pass about as you seem to believe :) Also when i've done some fund raising to help pay for the legal costs they have both sponsored me so i can't fault their community spirit !

Re: FC United - Judicial Review date announced! (pg 57)

An 'exclusive' from the MEN's roving reporter Mike Keegan - five days after it was posted on BlueMoon!!
Some funny comments following the article!

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1594745_high-court-judge-to-rule-whether-fc-united-stadium-can-be-built-in-moston" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... -in-moston</a>

A High Court judge will decide whether FC United’s controversial new stadium can be built.

A judicial review into the proposed 5,000 capacity stadium in Moston will be held in Manchester on December 18.

Residents opposed to the plans launched legal proceedings after Manchester council gave the breakaway club permission to build the ground on the site of Ronald Johnson Playing Fields last year. They have now succeeded in forcing a review, which will be heard over a day and a half at Manchester’s Civil Justice Centre.

It is understood they will argue that the planning process was flawed because planning officers did not feel it necessary to carry out an environmental impact assessment. That decision was at the council’s discretion.

A number of other alleged faults with the planning process are expected to be made.

FC United, formed in protest at the Glazer family’s takeover of Manchester United, had hoped to start work on the new ground this summer.

They are currently playing their matches in the seventh tier of English football at Bury’s Gigg Lane home and have never had a stadium of their own.

FC United had originally planned to build their ground on Ten Acres Lane in Newton Heath but a late switch in council funding scuppered the proposals.

The stadium is set to cost about £4.6m and the club have raised the cash through various fundraising initiatives and grants.

An FC United spokesman said: "Unfortunately we have been advised that we cannot comment."

A Manchester council spokesman said: "We are glad this hearing will be taking place soon because it will enable issues to be resolved promptly."

Good evening everyone

Wish us luck

If it is Pisspot Pete then neither of you have a chance. That's THE "in" joke by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.