FC United Thread

They sold 3 year season tickets even before last season had finished.

I suspect they will run out of cash in the next couple of months. The biggest creditor will be the Council who may extend the term on the loan and not call them in so it may well fall to others to push them over the edge. I wouldn't want them as a debtor at this point.

the council can not cover anymore cost for FCUM the loans must have been agreed to a period of payments plans after last time they did not hit there targets and just to break even they said they needed 1500 fans each game and that was from a year ago so it not looking good at all

i think its gone on to long and to far now ?? and the city council can not keep helping by moving the goalpost to help them just pull the plug and close them down even if the stadium is sold to other investors outside of football so be it, rugby is a good shout both codes (league or union) could play there, maybe the city owners could buy it and build a manchester rugby union club ?? or a coach park on city match days with a park and ride bus service on match days hahaha

the council can not cover anymore cost for FCUM the loans must have been agreed to a period of payments plans after last time they did not hit there targets and just to break even they said they needed 1500 fans each game and that was from a year ago so it not looking good at all

i think its gone on to long and to far now ?? and the city council can not keep helping by moving the goalpost to help them just pull the plug and close them down even if the stadium is sold to other investors outside of football so be it, rugby is a good shout both codes (league or union) could play there, maybe the city owners could buy it and build a manchester rugby union club ?? or a coach park on city match days with a park and ride bus service on match days hahaha

I was involved with the new Salford Reds stadium when that was built. At the time the stadium was built with some council money however mostly private money (Peel had a vested interest). During the time the stadium was being built the club neraly went under twice, each time the council stuck money in - good after bad to keep it going. All becuase they had funded the stadium and allowed it to be built where if the club went under it would have looked bad on the council. A big face saving exercise. I expect the same here. However in the end Salford got bailed out by Koukash - I dont see anyone bailing out FSCUM.

There’s already a Manchester RUFC.

They play in Cheadle Hulme.

http://www.manchesterrugby.co.uk/

I was involved with the new Salford Reds stadium when that was built. At the time the stadium was built with some council money however mostly private money (Peel had a vested interest). During the time the stadium was being built the club neraly went under twice, each time the council stuck money in - good after bad to keep it going. All becuase they had funded the stadium and allowed it to be built where if the club went under it would have looked bad on the council. A big face saving exercise. I expect the same here. However in the end Salford got bailed out by Koukash - I dont see anyone bailing out FSCUM.

that's the key somebody to invest in FCUM ??? but we all know its a fan based club and self built and the money should be coming from the fans own back pockets, they hate private money and single ownership and corporate money investment the modern game brings, that's why they walked away from big brother and the glazers

manchester city council can not keep this going ?? and the way its going (down fast) they would be fools to back it again even in the short term its doom and what future does it have when salford city are taking there fan base each week and look to have great investment and being run very well by the class of 1992 and Peter Lim

that's the key somebody to invest in FCUM ??? but we all know its a fan based club and self built and the money should be coming from the fans own back pockets, they hate private money and single ownership and corporate money investment the modern game brings, that's why they walked away from big brother and the glazers

manchester city council can not keep this going ?? and the way its going (down fast) they would be fools to back it again even in the short term its doom and what future does it have when salford city are taking there fan base each week and look to have great investment and being run very well by the class of 1992 and Peter Lim
The council are due repayment I think in 2021 or 22 of (again I think) 500K. Before that, next year they have to repay fans who took out loan stocks. My understanding is they have already written to those fans asking for a deferment in repayment. If there is a large agreement then they are 'safe' until the council repayment comes along.... and no doubt will ask the council the same question. If a significant number ask for their loan stock payment next year then it is goodnight Vienna. I think a good number have already resigned themselves that either way (they ask for the loan back or agree to a deferment) they won't be seeing any money returned at all.

My complete guess is that is one of the reasons the CEO quit the other month knowing what a mess the club is in and that the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.

It is a shame, the club's own bloody mindedness created the mess they are in. They formed with such (romantically) high principles that they ultimately closed the door on many funding opportunities in the process. They should have formed the club without any association to the one they used to go and watch - failing to do so meant they alienated 50% of the local populace, who were instantly shut out - think about that for a moment.... Greater Manchester has a population of 2,800,000 and at a stroke they told 1,400,000 potential fans / sponsors to fuck off. What other business would intentionally do that?
Not having a shirt sponsorship - even at say 30K a year, after 13 years is 390K lost. They would have almost paid off the council loan!

''Our Club, Our Rules'' they proudly boast - and then sign up for cup competitions that state ''these are the rules of the competition'' and get on their high horses when asked to play a game set to be broadcast on TV and make themselves look daft when having to toe the line.... rebels without a clue.

Last edited:
The council are due repayment I think in 2021 or 22 of (again I think) 500K. Before that, next year they have to repay fans who took out loan stocks. My understanding is they have already written to those fans asking for a deferment in repayment. If there is a large agreement then they are 'safe' until the council repayment comes along.... and no doubt will ask the council the same question. If a significant number ask for their loan stock payment next year then it is goodnight Vienna. I think a good number have already resigned themselves that either way (they ask for the loan back or agree to a deferment) they won't be seeing any money returned at all.

My complete guess is that is one of the reasons the CEO quit the other month knowing what a mess the club is in and that the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.

It is a shame, the club's own bloody mindedness created the mess they are in. They formed with such (romantically) high principles that they ultimately closed the door on many funding opportunities in the process. They should have formed the club without any association to the one they used to go and watch - failing to do so meant they alienated 50% of the local populace, who were instantly shut out - think about that for a moment.... Greater Manchester has a population of 2,800,000 and at a stroke they told 1,400,000 potential fans / sponsors to fuck off. What other business would intentionally do that?
Not having a shirt sponsorship - even at say 30K a year, after 13 years is 390K lost. They would have almost paid off the council loan!

''Our Club, Our Rules'' they proudly boast - and then sign up for cup competitions that state ''these are the rules of the competition'' and get on their high horses when asked to play a game set to be broadcast on TV and make themselves look daft when having to toe the line.... rebels without a clue.

''Our Club, Our Rules'' ???

its modern football and no club can live on fans paying to watch them anymore, every bit of money you can rise in sponsorship and other things like competitions i.e FA cup or local cups are a must for bringing in money, even links to city and united and other north west clubs you use with open arms and why cut them off when if you can play pre-season friendly games or fundraisers games or loans players and youth players them links to other big things you need, but FCUM are hell bent on killing themselves

I agree, mate.

Manchester still has plenty of room for other sports teams, although there is one I hope never relocates inside the city's boundaries.

Bury FC could use it as their training ground which would free up our old training ground in Carrington for Gary Neville to set up his football academy. Win win I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.