FC United Thread

I don't know how much land there is, but as it's now been built on and is a brown field site, then surely a property developer would be interested in purchasing
Only FC United have some kind of constitution (it isn't a constitution but I can't think of the proper term for it) that they introduced stating should they go tits up, the land can only remain as a sporting facility that benefits the local community. So not only did they take the land away from the local community, they also get to dictate what becomes of the land should they go bust!

Only FC United have some kind of constitution (it isn't a constitution but I can't think of the proper term for it) that they introduced stating should they go tits up, the land can only remain as a sporting facility that benefits the local community. So not only did they take the land away from the local community, they also get to dictate what becomes of the land should they go bust!

i think the people of north manchester and moston would love to burn it down themselves, if there is a rule in writing about controlling of the land and stadium and the local community should be in control of who is buying the land hahahahaahah the people voted not to build FCUM a stadium in moston but they went ahead and did what they want so you think the community really have a say ?????

if fcum so called fans fucked up the golden goose with the council and other investors and think its going to lay the golden eggs very soon how wrong could they be, the titanic is still at the bottom of the sea and when building it they called it unsinkable and look how long that took to sink

If they no longer exist and that is their only tangible asset for the creditors, then surely they will have no say in what happens
Also hasn't a precedent on the land already been set by them building their facilities when the land had a covenant on it?

If they no longer exist and that is their only tangible asset for the creditors, then surely they will have no say in what happens
Also hasn't a precedent on the land already been set by them building their facilities when the land had a covenant on it?
They don't own the land but lease it from the council for 1p a year (yes, one pence) so can't sell the land to pay creditors off.

They don't own the land but lease it from the council for 1p a year (yes, one pence) so can't sell the land to pay creditors off.

i can see the channel 5 show (can't pay well take it away) going around to FCUM door and knocking hard hahahaha

the landlords are manchester city council and they lease the land to fcum and the 1p a year is a joke, and another piss take by somebody high up at the council ??? truly somebody got some power to get that signed off by the council and it sinks to high hell, dirty things happen with the city council and if somebody knows something on somebody then they well use it to get what they want

the vote by the people of moston was to not build it on broadhurst park and they did not want fcum but the council went behind the vote and built it anyway, am not 100% but i did hear the council had to build something for the people of north manchester and had government funding to help with the crime and young people and linked the project with the FCUM build, and fcum have to offer the community use of the stadium for meetings and so many hours a week was setup up for local people to use it

so if somebody fudge the books at the council and bent the rules so fcum could get what they wanted then it will come out and court cases will follow i hope, and the city council need to come clean on why they went behind the people of moston and built pallet park any way, also the poor quality of the build and cost should also be highlighted, everything stinks with FCUM and the city council and when the day comes the people of moston should burn the fucker down

i can see the channel 5 show (can't pay well take it away) going around to FCUM door and knocking hard hahahaha

the landlords are manchester city council and they lease the land to fcum and the 1p a year is a joke, and another piss take by somebody high up at the council ??? truly somebody got some power to get that signed off by the council and it sinks to high hell, dirty things happen with the city council and if somebody knows something on somebody then they well use it to get what they want

the vote by the people of moston was to not build it on broadhurst park and they did not want fcum but the council went behind the vote and built it anyway, am not 100% but i did hear the council had to build something for the people of north manchester and had government funding to help with the crime and young people and linked the project with the FCUM build, and fcum have to offer the community use of the stadium for meetings and so many hours a week was setup up for local people to use it

so if somebody fudge the books at the council and bent the rules so fcum could get what they wanted then it will come out and court cases will follow i hope, and the city council need to come clean on why they went behind the people of moston and built pallet park any way, also the poor quality of the build and cost should also be highlighted, everything stinks with FCUM and the city council and when the day comes the people of moston should burn the fucker down
Moston Juniors had been awarded 750K to build proper changing room facilities on the site as there were none (maybe a portacabin) and I think (not 100%) drainage to the field too (or that may already have been done).
Moston Juniors were concerned that they would spend all the money building the changing rooms and then have nothing left to actually maintain it so it was just being sat on. So when the council reneged on the Ten Acre Lane site for the Rag Socks, they were looking at other possible sites and the Moston site became attractive because the funding for MJFC could be added to the pot and MJFC could use the facilities at the stadium for their needs..... it caused a big split at MJFC with many members not wanting part of it.... I was at a council meeting when someone from MJFC stood up and told Cllr Murphy that MJFC were ''told'' to accept the deal otherwise any future funding / use of the fields deal with the council ''may not be looked upon so favourably...''
So the council leased the field to FCUM for 125 years for £1.25, and Moston Juniors had to play away from the area for 3 or 4 years which messed things up for them a lot

Last edited:
They simply do not know when to stop throwing money at the club, the latest one on their message board is hilarious! Apparently a fanzine slagged off a board member and the said board member challenged the fanzine and agreed to do an interview – only if the fanzine paid for the interview with the proceeds going to the club….. A request went out for funds for this and everyone immediately starts throwing money into the hat before one or two with a brain point out that they elected this board member to represent them and now they want to speak to him they are being asked to pay to do so?

‘’Lawrence Gill spoke to two of our sellers yesterday claiming that we printed lies about him in Issue 2 of Top of the World. When asked to clarify which parts of the mag were lies he declined to comment, though he was kind enough to offer us an interview for our next issue in exchange for a donation to the Development Fund.
We thought we’d try to fund this by doing a whip-round. Our editor has started by chipping in £20. Can we raise enough money for the DF to convince Lawrence Gill to honour his promise and give us an hour of his time for an interview? Please pledge below. We’ll give the Paypal link for any donations once Lawrence has confirmed the interview.’’

‘’In for a 10er...’’

‘’Tenner off me if it's also filmed. He'll defo cry foul that he never said that if you do just print. Ask him about his constant silence on forums and his disdain that shows the members.’’

‘’Tenner from me too. Surely a dictaphone is a cheaper and just as acceptable alternative?’’

‘’Will put £10 in’’

‘’So Gill says nothing for months, then decides he’ll give an interview to the members if they donate to hear his thoughts? Be interesting to see if he decides to stand for re-election & if he does if he can be arsed talking to the membership that he’s supposed to represent’’

‘’Just who does this guy think he is? He gets voted in, as most of the board on a promise of transparency, does his best to keep schtum during his ‘reign’ then has the balls to offer an interview for a fee to the club...tell him to fuck right off, he’ll be gone soon enough anyway.’’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.