FC United Thread

Some of the "fans" not happy with this , asking what happened to the fa cup tv money !
f5cce6422f6797242e63039456345aa1.jpg

I would be quite happy to see a huge bomb dropped on an fc United game. The feral Ian brown lookalikes trying very hard to be cool.

Absolute epitome of a typical United fan.

Some of the "fans" not happy with this , asking what happened to the fa cup tv money !
f5cce6422f6797242e63039456345aa1.jpg

Kit Out the Cabin Crowdfunder deadline extended

In a little under four weeks we have raised just over 50% of our Crowdfunder target of £15,000 to enable us to kit out a cabin at Broadhurst Park. We had hoped to have reached our target by the deadline date but that has not proved possible. Following consultation with Crowdfunder.co.uk, we have decided to extend the deadline for our Kit Out the Cabin campaign by four weeks.

The building is worth thousands of pounds and it has been donated to us for free. We think it will be a great addition to what we already have on offer and did not want to turn down the opportunity. The foundations are already in and the £15,000 we are looking to raise will allow us to complete the siting of the cabin and fit it out. Raising the funds in this way avoids having to dip into club funds for the project when those funds are needed for other work around the ground.

The new modular building will have a number of uses:

• used by our academy scholars during term time
• used by our community staff for delivery of additional outreach work
• used by our Diggers group when working on site to get a brew and a rest when not ‘digging’
• used to serve refreshments to those making bookings on the artificial pitch
• on a match day to provide space to serve refreshments
• on a match day to give our volunteers some additional space

The fundraising has picked up momentum in the last couple of weeks and we believe that by extending the deadline we can reach our target. The arrival of the cabins from their current location has also been delayed due to bad weather which gives us additional time to extend and fund the kit it out campaign.

We really appreciate the support of all those who have pledged their support to date. With more than £8,000 raised so far and the comments we have received shows the depth of the support we have. Some of those comments are listed below.

“Invest in the future and the future will be bright. To paraphrase John Lennon ‘give youth a chance.’”

“This is a great cause because it is exactly what FCUM stand for - supporting and engaging with the local community.”

“All the best with the project, sounds like the cabin will be a very popular place.”

Extending the deadline for the campaign until Friday 8 April 2016 gives us four extra weeks to raise £6,220, less than half of what we have already raised in the first four weeks of the campaign.

Breaking news of a supporters’ coup going on in Moston at FCUM.
Andy Walsh has announced he will step down (some fans say he jumped before he was pushed) and now one of his hand chosen pals, Andy Walker is coming in for stick too and calls for him to quit. He is head of fundraising and it is unclear if he is a volunteer, employee or self employed. Either way, fans are unhappy with his position.
Walsh has been accused of all sorts of things – one being the board decided to investigate negative comments made on the official fans forum against the board – and paid a mate of the board a whopping 900 quid to do so! Meanwhile the buckets for funds were still being passed around at games.
pics03.jpg

It would appear – to adjust George Orwell’s quote – that all fans are equal, just some are more equal than others….
There seems to be a few factions looking to take control of the club and looks like it could be an eventful time off the pitch when the electioneering commences.
Below are examples from the unofficial FCUM fans forum

Skills & Experience Required
Essential:

High levels of commercial awareness and understanding - WALSH HAS NONE
Substantial experience of robust budgetary and cost contol management - WALSH COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT
High levels of competence in Microsoft Office applications - WALSH DEBATEABLE
A practical, hands-on approach to work - PRACTICAL? NOPE. TRY DYSFUNCTIONAL
Excellent organisation and communication skills - WALSH HAS NONE OF THE FORMER, LACKING IN THE LATTER IN AN OFFICE CONTEXT (DESPITE GALLERY-PLAYING IN PUBLIC)
A personable and diplomatic personality - SEE ABOVE
A positive, balanced and enthusiastic approach to leadership - PAH!
Either already holding an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification in Health & Safety, or be willing to undertake requisite training to qualify - NOPE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Open letter from a member
To Andy Walker

If you really are Walshies mate, do you feel you have let him down big style, do you feel you have contributed to his current position due to poor decisions you have made in the past. If this was my mate I’d resign.

Look at how much you have brought into this club….I mean you…Not the crowdfunder, not the bricks, I mean fundraisers that have been your idea and you have seen through to the end? Then look at how much you have taken out of the club in Salary/Expenses, and do a simple Math. If you’ve not trebled the input against output, if this was me, I’d resign.

Think about the time you spoke down to a long serving founder member during the Benfica Ticket allocation debacle, in Hope Mill, which I witnessed. Think about your speech post Benfica Game which I found embarrassing, and look back at your tweets both from the FC Account and your own account. If this was me, and I looked back at all that, I’d resign.

Look back at the numerous volunteers whom in past have carried out the role of fundraiser, some of whom have already walked away. Have a look at the success of that fundraising, all done unpaid and for the love, and compare your efforts to theirs…If they don’t match up, if it was me I’d resign.

Ask yourself why you were stopped from posting on this forum? Then look at you’re the titles of your roles…..If it was me, I’d put 2 and 2 together and resign.

Ask yourself why the Gala Dinner didn’t happen? If I found it was my inability to make it happen, I’d resign.

Look at the amount of people (myself included) whom have reduced their financial input into the club, then look at their reasons as to why? If I did, and found I may be part of that reason, I’d resign.

Then again i'm a man of Principle, are you?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in January the Board instructed the Chief Executive Andy Walsh to produce this information at February's Board meeting. In clear defiance of both the Board and the wider membership he has not done so:
Andy Walsh is taking the piss out of the club's democracy to protect his mate; he's taking the piss out of the club's membership to protect his mate; Andy Walsh is a cancer threatening the future of FC United and needs to be cut out.

Members ought to be besieging the club with complaints against him to demand why he defying them.
So despite having decided to quit Walsh is still determined to keep Walker in position, refusing to give the Board information about his recruitment despite him being ordered to do so in time for FEBRUARY'S Board meeting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

- One of the main reasons FC is in desperate need of cash right now is due to the hundreds of thousands of pounds Walsh and Brown spunked on TAL having failed to sign off on any legally binding agreement with the sharks at the council. Neither of this pair are naïve, innocent apolitical operators: it was shocking negligence. But they actively block a review of the ground build and expense, whilst simultaneously solicit expensive legal advice (if only they'd thought of that earlier with TAL!) regarding taking action against the club's own support. The pair of them are an absolute disgrace.

The fact that Walsh is already talking of other roles for himself at the (democratic) club as though it were his right shows the arrogance of the man. (Unless, of course, there's already been a behind-scenes carve-up meaning that he's been assured of a new paid position. Given how much ex-Finance Committee chairman Jonathan Kendall - friend of Board member Tim Worrall - is pushing this on the members forum I wouldn't be surprised.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.