FC United Thread

They opened the academy as they thought it was their cash cow. They decided to take it in house, appointed their first team manager who was a headmaster elsewhere as their principal & predicted 120 students the first year and growing onwards, at one point one of their board members publicly talked about his “back of an envelope calculations which showed the academy alone could make them £500k a year”
Has just one of their financial predictions come good ?
They seem to pluck figures out of the air.
'We will have hundreds applying to join the academy'
We will sell 1,500 season tickets'
'This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires'
Does the F in their name stand for fraud ?

Maybe they could bring in Ole to revive the club and he can once more dine out on the glory of 1999.
Failing that what’s Giggsy up to these days? (football wise, not shagging wise)
Am surprised a minor ex-MUFC player has not got involved with the splitters ?
As all ex-MUFC players are big fans of the club, you'd think some rebellious fecker like Lee Sharpe or Ravel Morrison, desperate for publicity, would join the pointless Punk pillocks...

''Growing Attendances Working Group" lol
They should concentrate on stopping the fuckers they had over the last 2 seasons from bailing out!
They've been in that stadium how many years now? And someone now suggests about latching on to overseas rags! They really are thicker than pig shit with no sense of shame or irony in anything they do.

Going back a bit in the thread, but I've had a busy last couple of days. But the above is really worth commenting on. As is the fact that yesterday's crowd, for a 3 pm KO on a Saturday afternoon with decent weather during an international break where no Greater Manchester PL or Football League side was in action, dropped by overe 300 from last season's average. A pleasingly poor effort.

Anyway, the part I've bolded and underlined above really goes to the heart of FCUM. They don't have an identity of their own at all. Who the fuck internationally is interested in a club that is at a level in English football whereby there are 164 clubs in higher divisions than them? To reach out internationally occurs to these grifters purely owing to the supposed Manchester United link, but in no way is that a genuine connection. They're nothing more than a tribute act, and there's no precedent that I'm aware of in football for such a unilaterally created and declared relationship to be taken seriously.

I can imagine that it wouldn't be impossible for City to act in such a way that I'd disown the club - I might well have done so had we joined that proposed European Super League a while back, for instance. But to throw in my lot with a newly created MCFC non-league outfit claiming to embody the spirit of the club? Absolutely no chance. It sould be a pathetic and pale imitation, deserving only of mockery.

Can you imagine if, say, a whole bunch of disgruntled fans were upset with Real Madrid so formed Club de Fútbol Real de Madrid. adopted the same colours, then agreed on a groundshare out in the suburbs, claiming to share the same heart and soul as the main club? They'd just be laughed out of town. What they wouldn't get is a whole load of free publicity from a supine, Man United obsessed press and disgracefully obsequious benevolence from Madrid's local municipal government.

It's laughable that this mob are trying now to develop an identity as a Moston team. Is it any wonder that they're struggling when they've doubled down for years on the Man United tribute angle. Everyone knows that Moston is a pure afterthought, something they're more readily pursuing now out of pure desperation rather than any kind of meaningful commitment? Hopefully they'll get their just deserts before long, even though it'll be nearly a couple of decades late.

Last edited:
One of Sham 69's songs could be about SCUM:

If The Kids Are U****d.

Well, they’re not, and it’s fucking hilarious watching their slow, but certain demise.

Come on, come on
Hurry up FC come on
You're going fucking bust
You're going fucking bust

Now listen here FC
If you're going fucking bust
You better tell the council
And the stadium will be dust
I wished you'd listened to Sid
As now you owe the council a million quid

Last edited:
As is the fact that yesterday's crowd, for a 3 pm KO on a Saturday afternoon with decent weather during an international break where no Greater Manchester PL or Football League side was in action, dropped by overe 300 from last season's average. A pleasingly poor effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.