Feeling connected to this team….

It might be a bit of a hungover ramble but it struck me yesterday how close the connection is between players, staff and fans. I know we’ve always had a special relationship with our boys in blue but there is, without doubt, something utterly wonderful about the love we have for them and the love they have for us. It starts with Pep, how he gets us, he’s declared he loves the club and always will but then it filters through every player and member of staff.
It’s like they really appreciate the bad times we’ve been through, and stuck with them and supported them, and they want to repay that loyalty, commitment and dedication. When they ran towards us, not long after the final whistle, every one of them were on their own and wanted to share the outpouring of emotion with us, looking fans in the eye and celebrating as one. Such special times with such amazing players, manager and team.
what a time to be a blue.
CTID
100% agree.

This has to be one of the most grounded and decent bunch of people ever brought together, their attitude and togetherness is extraordinary.

A big reason why I hold Stones and Rodri up as my favourite players are that they both proper give their appreciation to the fans and make us feel that they respect us.

Haaland and Dias have really taken to doing the same n’all.

Some recent great players who we worshipped never really bothered with this sort of thing. Some used to regularly to walk off down the tunnel after games; win, lose or draw. But I think it makes a difference.

Think the fact a bunch of the lads have started living in the centre, and that the centre is a place worth living in, really helps and says how Manchester has changed. Starts from the top as well. Neville has said something similar: every one of our boardroom staff down to Pep have invested in Manchester restaurants or other businesses. Add the players who do a lot of charity work in the city (Gundo donated to his fave coffee shops in the city during the pandemic, Kompany did a lot of work with homeless charities) and the English players (ahem) who clearly delight in our world famous "night time economy" and you've got a great mix.

Finally big part is also down to the work the club and the fans have done on atmosphere. Bus welcomes, tifos, inflatables etc: all that stuff have helped build a bond too. So fair play to 1894 and all the rest.

Last edited:
100% agree.

This has to be one of the most grounded and decent bunch of people ever brought together, their attitude and togetherness is extraordinary.

Spot on. It's lots of things I think but a key is the recruitment policy. Generally we don't employ Billy Bollocks in the negative sense of the term (though they have shown many times they have balls of steel). Jack is the one who articulates it out loud but you can tell with the others too when they are interviewed that they have never forgotten how lucky and privileged they are (a) to do what they do for living (b) to be at this club. Consequently they savour every minute and recognise the responsibility they have not just to themselves but to the club and by extension the fans. It must be hard to keep your feet on the ground when you live the life they do and even the ones who sometimes lapse seem overall to understand their privilege. All helped by Pep who despite being obsessed by football clearly understands the importance of other aspects of life.

this says it all for me, great pic

View attachment 81863
IndelibleRepulsiveAmberpenshell-size_restricted.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.