Feeling connected to this team….

We are and have always been a unique club. The pundits and their likes can talk about a club building a dynasty through winning trophies ( Which we are now doing ) but we built something else. We built a loyalty and love through adversity and hard times. It gave us a solid unbreakable base that will never fall down. The new fans local and worldwide are just the equivalent of a house getting a new carpet or patio. It's all very nice but that old base allowed it to happen.

There are very few ex players and managers etcetera who have a bad word to say about us. We are family, we have something special about us, a good soul. Pep is the perfect fit. A wonderful compassionate human being allied to high intelligence and an insane desire to succeed. Being a Catalon he knows all about being the underdog. I feel at first he didn't quite get us. I don't know exactly when he did, when it all clicked, but by God he gets us now. His emotion when he defends us and his tears after we won the league against Villa and yesterday shows that. I pray to God he stays here longer but if he does leave part of his soul will remain here.

As for the players they get us too. They love it here, they all seem decent down to earth lads living the dream we all dreamt as a kid kicking a ball about in the park. We are now one family and that bond makes us even harder to beat.

That video yesterday of the shaking and hugging the disabled fan at the bottom of the presentation stairs was epic

When I thought i couldn’t be any prouder of the lads then I go and see that
I thought it was good to see the players embrace the fan. You can see that caring side about Grealish and he was happy to see the guy.

We put the Arsenal and Leeds players to shame who didn't take the time or even bother to acknowledge the younger fans.

Taking 20-40 seconds to acknowledge someone makes their day.

I thought it was good to see the players embrace the fan. You can see that caring side about Grealish and he was happy to see the guy.

We put the Arsenal and Leeds players to shame who didn't take the time or even bother to acknowledge the younger fans.

Taking 20-40 seconds to acknowledge someone makes their day.

Jack goes way way above and beyond with the clubs disabled fans. Absolute diamond of a fella, £100 million Gucci model and the nicest most humble guy. A credit to the club and his family.

Im at work reading this now,
yesterday when the whistle went
my 15 year old saw me a wreck,an happy wreck welling up with tears and raw emotion in my face for a few brief seconds,think it shoccked him .
He knows how i feel,i hope he feels the same.
After the whistle I was climbing the steps to visit the gents and noticed a chap just stood there looking up at the balcony where we would lift the trophy, probably visualising what was about to happen, he had a very happy but emotional look on his face, maybe he was reminiscing about something or somebody, so I just gave him a big man hug :) it was that kind of day

We are and have always been a unique club. The pundits and their likes can talk about a club building a dynasty through winning trophies ( Which we are now doing ) but we built something else. We built a loyalty and love through adversity and hard times. It gave us a solid unbreakable base that will never fall down. The new fans local and worldwide are just the equivalent of a house getting a new carpet or patio. It's all very nice but that old base allowed it to happen.

There are very few ex players and managers etcetera who have a bad word to say about us. We are family, we have something special about us, a good soul. Pep is the perfect fit. A wonderful compassionate human being allied to high intelligence and an insane desire to succeed. Being a Catalon he knows all about being the underdog. I feel at first he didn't quite get us. I don't know exactly when he did, when it all clicked, but by God he gets us now. His emotion when he defends us and his tears after we won the league against Villa and yesterday shows that. I pray to God he stays here longer but if he does leave part of his soul will remain here.

As for the players they get us too. They love it here, they all seem decent down to earth lads living the dream we all dreamt as a kid kicking a ball about in the park. We are now one family and that bond makes us even harder to beat.
That’s a great post. Nailed it.

Great words mate.

It might be a bit of a hungover ramble but it struck me yesterday how close the connection is between players, staff and fans. I know we’ve always had a special relationship with our boys in blue but there is, without doubt, something utterly wonderful about the love we have for them and the love they have for us. It starts with Pep, how he gets us, he’s declared he loves the club and always will but then it filters through every player and member of staff.
It’s like they really appreciate the bad times we’ve been through, and stuck with them and supported them, and they want to repay that loyalty, commitment and dedication. When they ran towards us, not long after the final whistle, every one of them were on their own and wanted to share the outpouring of emotion with us, looking fans in the eye and celebrating as one. Such special times with such amazing players, manager and team.
what a time to be a blue.
CTID
For me that was a fantastic moment. I don't think I have ever seen City players so ecstatic and that includes all our recent trophies. I think there is still something magical about an FA Cup Final which really pulls the players and fans together. I have seen City at Wembley 23 times and yesterday was the best atmosphere of the lot. Our fans were deafening from the first minute to the last and I think the players were a bit overhelmed by the support they got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.