Feeling connected to this team….

I am certain there is not another pic like this one of any other team after winning a trophy. How important and respected do all the backroom staff feel after that. Amazing

The sign of a great manager is he/she knows how important his team around them are. Pep gets it, it's not all about Pep without his team Pep knows he won't be as good.

Pep a great manager and a great human being

I am certain there is not another pic like this one of any other team after winning a trophy. How important and respected do all the backroom staff feel after that. Amazing
This Cup and the PL Trophy lift have been the quickest I've seen backroom staff get in on the celebrations (not just for us but anyone). Would be great to use this pic as a programme cover ala the Swales front and Centre one from back in the day.

This Cup and the PL Trophy lift have been the quickest I've seen backroom staff get in on the celebrations (not just for us but anyone). Would be great to use this pic as a programme cover ala the Swales front and Centre one from back in the day.
Think Mr Chairman might have something to say about all those ‘hanger onners’, especially if they’re on the payroll.
Joking apart, great to see the back room staff in with all our lads.

I first really noticed this after Everton away, the roar from the Blues when the players came over was deafening, the players celebrating with the fans was was full of passion, an unbelievable connection.

Don’t forget we’ve got shared adversity now too. The bitching and moaning and attempts to do us down and belittle us have united us all.

The higher you build your barrier
The taller I become
The farther you take my rights away
The faster I will run
You can deny me
You can decide to turn your face away
No matter 'cause there's
Something inside so strong
I know that I can make it
Though you're doing me wrong so wrong
You thought that my pride was gone, oh no
There's something inside so strong
Something inside so strong

Fuck em all

It's been since the charges from the PL. That was the turning point. I truly believe Pep had a lot of love for us before that moment, but it was then that he finally got why we boo the UEFA anthem, why we are the way we are. He came out swinging. He's been more sarcastic, more passionate and more proud about us than ever before. You'd often hear him talk about us not having the history of other clubs. Now he belittles them and talks about how long we've been winning things recently in comparison to them. He saw then how corrupt things are, and he saw with that penalty decision how they're still trying to fuck us over. And then we saw the outpouring of emotion from him when we won it. His post-match interview on BBC was telling. He wasn't born a City fan but now he understands.

For years we've put up with tough times. Then we rise to the top and they try to break us down. He's been part of the Barcelona fabric as a child, player and manager. And then Bayern Munich. They're two teams that are guilty of doing this to others. Now he's on the other side of it and he can finally see.

We've got passion, fight and class all over the pitch. Our songs this season have really gone up a notch as well and you can see the players loving it. Those charges from the PL served as a catalyst to bring everything together and come out swinging and on Saturday hopefully we can win the CL and cement our place as one of the greatest sides ever. That's the best way to respond to all that has happened.

It'll be interesting to see the behind the scenes documentary this season like the club has done in the last couple of seasons.

Since the charges something changed within the club into an us vs them mentality which brought the players much more in line with what us the fans have had over the last 10 years.

A lot of that is down to Pep. He really gets us now and I'm sure he has installed that into the players and staff. The bond between us and the club and players in general has never been stronger(particularly in my lifetime) in my opinion.

Some of the teamtalks since February must be amazing and I can't wait to see them

The club feels more together now than it ever has and that's reflected on the field with the results, but I don't feel connected to it in the personal sense, whilst City is a part of me the distance between us as fans and the players have never been more distant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.