Feeling flat?

It's just the minds natural reaction to being on a high winning 4 in a row. You have this huge uplifting high moment then the flipside is a massive low which is all natural and with hindsight probably what happened in the final to the team.
I found i was trying to gee myself up for the final on Saturday but that buzz, that tingle wasn't there and that's why when the final whistle went I was like oh well, shrug of the shoulders and turned the channel over. Sounds a bit blasé but honestly didn't bother me.

Then it was onto the parade to celebrate the 4 in a row, Saturday wasn't even in my thoughts.

But now I'll detach from City and football for a couple of months and recharge the batteries for the new season, not really bothered about the Euros if I'm honest, after a mentally draining and tense season I'll switch off for a while.

Anyone else feeling abit flat, a bit knackered ?

So proud of this club and team and I really didn't expect us to be so good this season after the treble. So what an unbelievable mental strength the team has.

To go on the run City have done I found myself getting knackered after each game, even from my sofa !.
I went to Brighton away and put so much effort into support the blues my throat hurt for days.

But now the season has ended and I feel bit flat. I guess that's normal after reaching your target of 4 in a row.

For some reason I'm finding all this 115 shit very draining at the moment. City have done something that's never been done before yet all I hear is 115.

I'm fed up to the back teeth of this 115 fuck me other clubs cheat in clear site and nothing is done. Dippers 50million fiddle, rags well fucking rags.

Just a rant I feel so proud But little flat ;(
No.

I'm looking forward to the summer because of the extraordinary achievements of the team and club.

Additionally the bond twixt fans and players was strengthened by the tremendous turn out at the Champions Parade.

Next season maybe a huge challenge, however with a freshening up of the squad and smart Prioritisation of challenges, we will remain the team to beat.

Finally, the rags opted out of the FA Cup some years back. I hope the club withdraw from the charity shield on the basis of the interests of player health.

We played the most games of any club in the last season and will have the most players at international tournaments this summer.

Fuck the FA and their debts, what have they ever done for us !!

I'd be feeling fucking flat at finishing 8th and watching city make history...4 in a fucking row cmon blues..remember where we were 25 year ago..onwards and upwards ctid..fuck em all. Smile and give the cunts a 4 fingered salute

It's just the minds natural reaction to being on a high winning 4 in a row. You have this huge uplifting high moment then the flipside is a massive low which is all natural and with hindsight probably what happened in the final to the team.
I found i was trying to gee myself up for the final on Saturday but that buzz, that tingle wasn't there and that's why when the final whistle went I was like oh well, shrug of the shoulders and turned the channel over. Sounds a bit blasé but honestly didn't bother me.

Then it was onto the parade to celebrate the 4 in a row, Saturday wasn't even in my thoughts.

But now I'll detach from City and football for a couple of months and recharge the batteries for the new season, not really bothered about the Euros if I'm honest, after a mentally draining and tense season I'll switch off for a while.
I feel the same re your last paragraph. Football is over now until August. I couldn’t care less about the Euros. I hope our players all get knocked out early enough to get a nice break and recharge. Fuck the euros.

Glad it’s not just me! Still coming to terms with what happened at Wembley. Just didn’t see it coming. The lads have done amazing to win the league again after the treble but Saturday was a massive kick in the dick.

But we’ve just achieved FOUR in a row - the first team ever.
Trouble is - we’re used to winning big games. But this games against rags was not the biggest of games for us, especially after it was the final game of a successful 2 year pursuit of trebles
Got to stop living in the past as we are now the top team in the world & beating the rags is no longer the holy grail!. It’s the rags whose only aim now is to win a derby!!

If you get any stick from poor rags just keep
schtum & put up 4 fingers then walk away grinning

Flat? Nope. Back in 2011 imagine if someone had told you that over the next 13 years the club would do the following......

Lift 20 Major Pots

Appear in 15 Cup Finals (winning 12 of them)

Win 8 Premier Leagues

Put up 100pts in a season (a record)

In 18/19 complete the first ever domestic trophy clean sweep in history

In 2023 win the Prem Lge, FA Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup & World Club Cup thus becoming the only English team to ever hold all 5 at the same time

Come back the year after that and win the League again for a record clinching 4th straight top division title

We've won a major pot in 7 straight seasons - 17/18 to 23/24 - again never done before by another English club side.

Flat? We've won the lot and we've seen it all. You'll tell your grandkids you saw this era and how great some of the players we have watched are.

In Dias, Gvardiol, Rico, Foden, Rodri, Haaland, Alvarez, Doku we also have a core of players age 27 or under to continue winning pots or contend in the coming years. We've seen the lot so one Cup final defeat isn't going to take that away.

Last edited:
The pressure on the players to do 4 in a row and to actually do the number of unbeaten games to achieve it was incredible to watch. I’d have loved the season to continue on but the players need the rest and I think the celebrations after West Ham showed that.

I hope they all come back hungry, I am sure they will, but I am already feeling a bit peckish. A 5th in a row main course with a CL side for me please!

In the meantime there’s the Euros for a laugh, cricket and tennis for the ladies.

No.

I'm looking forward to the summer because of the extraordinary achievements of the team and club.

Additionally the bond twixt fans and players was strengthened by the tremendous turn out at the Champions Parade.

Next season maybe a huge challenge, however with a freshening up of the squad and smart Prioritisation of challenges, we will remain the team to beat.

Finally, the rags opted out of the FA Cup some years back. I hope the club withdraw from the charity shield on the basis of the interests of player health.

We played the most games of any club in the last season and will have the most players at international tournaments this summer.

Fuck the FA and their debts, what have they ever done for us !!
I’d second that give Arsenal the chance to do a two in a row lol we should restart the Thomas Cooke Trophy or Etihad Trophy and invite a top South American Team to play us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.