Feeling flat?

Its understandable pal after such an intense end to the season and then the cup final being the end of what was a brilliant season.

As for 115, its fucking impossible to get away from it so i'm with you on that one. I'm at a point where i just don't talk about football to people other than a few direct mates who know better than to talk bollocks.

On saturday lunch i was in my local Boothes buying some beer for the game. Oldish lady on the checkout asked what i was up to and just said watching the cup final and hopefully a celebration afterwards. She asked who i supported and when i said City she instantly replied 'ooooohhhhh, there the ones my husband says are cheats all the time.....' I just instantly stopped talking to her, paid and left. Went from a pleasant exchange on a lovely sunny day to instantly pissing me off. Its that kind of shit that really bugs me.
And therein lies the problem. The 115 disinformation by the media has done the redtops job for them. When we are cleared, it will be a case of we bought our way out of it. There's just no point in engaging with the ill-informed.

You'll be fine very soon. When that first new signing rocks up then the buzz will be back.

The plucky underdog managed to win a six-game competition featuring lower league opposition on Saturday. Yes, it's disappointing, but we won the 38-game slog against the 19 other best teams in the country. For the fourth consecutive time.

Between 2002-2008, we beat them as many times as they beat us. We were the inferior team on those occasions. The boot is on the other foot now.

They are so far behind our club that it's frightening. Let them mouth off. It won't save their manager from the sack, so it shows you that they don't see the FA Cup as being a yardstick.

I'll enjoy the break, but can't wait until we're back at The Etihad in August. Let's go for five-in-a-row. The 2024 FA Cup final will be a statistic in the history books, but everyone will remember who won four league titles in a row, no matter how much they tell you they've forgotten or don't care. If they were on a game-show and it was a question with a cash prize of £50,000 then they'd certainly remember.

Not at all. There's a lot more going on with my life than City so looking forward to a busy and active summer.
Got to admit I'm a bit "football-ed out" at the moment and don't think I'll be taking much interest in the Euros.
However, expecting to be fully revatilised by August and ready to look forward to another exciting season.

I suppose when you compare where City were last year on the verge of an unprecedented treble it does feel like a come down. It rankles me more we let Real Madrid off the hook than not turning up against those shite hawks on Saturday.

However big blue sky thinking that City have retained the league and won it four times in a row. Shankly, Taggert, Paisley, Clough, Wenger, Mourinho have never done this.

Liverpool one and only league title in 35 years was 4 years ago.

Chelsea’s last league title was 7 years ago.

United’s last league title was 11 years ago.

Arsenal’s last league title was 20 years ago.

Spurs their last was before Joe Mercer won it for City in 68.

There’s a reason they want Pep gone and are obsessing over accounts from 2009.

Last edited:
If you feel flat you have let the idiots win, this team has just created history and we should be proud of that and a cup defeat to a minnow shouldnt change what we have done, the 115 noise will always be there and it is nothing ,ore than the flat earth society ranting on and should be treated with the same contempt.

Always feel a bit drained after a close title race. It literally consumes my thoughts from game to game. Especially when there is so much jeapordy on every game as is usually the case with us.

Saturday was deserved, if we'd have shown up in the first half then we would have won, they were like a league one side in that second half hanging on, but they defended magnificently to be fair in comparison to what they have been.

Time for a rest, reset and go again in August. I have little interest in international football so just hope everyone comes back injury free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.