Fellaini

blueinsa said:
Gwladiator said:
I know, it's just the arrogant ones wind me up.

I know fella, you will always get it though.

tell me, where is THAT Everton side every other week?

I think we've realised in recent weeks that it's time to pull the socks up and have a go. I'm glad we seem to be leaving behind our old attitude of sitting off big teams. The key to getting a result today was always going to be stopping you playing your football and dealing with the threat of Tevez and I was pleased we managed both. I dare say several players returning from Injury and the rise in form of Fellaini has helped quite a lot.

Gwladiator said:
blueinsa said:
I know fella, you will always get it though.

tell me, where is THAT Everton side every other week?

I think we've realised in recent weeks that it's time to pull the socks up and have a go. I'm glad we seem to be leaving behind our old attitude of sitting off big teams. The key to getting a result today was always going to be stopping you playing your football and dealing with the threat of Tevez and I was pleased we managed both. I dare say several players returning from Injury and the rise in form of Fellaini has helped quite a lot.

Bang on fella, it doesnt matter who you are or how much you have spent, unless you work, dictate and bully the other team out of it, you will not get to play your football, especially in this league.

Platini Pollock said:
Well as a very blinkered City supporter i very rarely see what opposition players do when watching them vs City.

However credit where it is due..............he played very well and dominated midfield. That must have been his best performance for them. A complete performance.

I am an Everton supporter who followed a link to this forum from one of ours, I registered to reply to this.

As someone who has seen Fellaini in every game he has played for our club I believe I am in a great position to pass judgement on him. This season hehas been a revelation after our own fans were very critical of him last year despite him being 20 years old and our top scorer in his first season he was getting lots of abuse, mainly due to his price tag.

Since he got moved into what he calls his correct position (holding midfield player) he has been nothing short of sensational, he bossed our derby, ran the show at Chelsea, the same last week (Arsenal) and was beyond belief at the Stadium of Light. I really think he is the real deal and if he keeps developing it's scary how good he could become. 3 weeks ago Moyes described him as the best midfield player in the country on present form and I think a neutrals are starting to wake up to him as well.

Everton started this season slowly due to excessive injuries but we're a decent side, we have finished, 5th, 5th, 6th and 4th over the last 4 years and this is the strongest squad we have had since the glory years of the 80's, you don't become a bad side over night. We have been playing well for 2 months now but not really getting the results but unfortunately for city today was our day.

I honestly think City can win the league this year, it's a dreadful league and IMO theirs only Chelsea you should fear, I really hope you upset the top 4 which I am sure you will. I am just disappointed we have left ourselves with too much to do as I know we will finish very strong but hopefully we can go one better in the FA Cup but personally I'd love to win the Europa League.

It was the same last season in the game at home v Everton (think we lost 1 -0 in the last minute, Cahill header?), he absolutely bossed the game, he was a real handful.

Thought Fellaini was immense today. I'm starting to see over the last few weeks what Moyes initially saw in him but I'm certainly not going to go overboard on him just yet until he has delivered consistently over a season or two. Disagree that he has been fantastic all season, he was as poor as the rest of the team early doors but was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch today.

Fallaini wont get an easy a run as that as long as he lives.
He played well but had one of those games where absolutely everything went his way.
We made him look very much better than he actually is. imho of course.

RoyalBlue77 said:
Thought Fellaini was immense today. I'm starting to see over the last few weeks what Moyes initially saw in him but I'm certainly not going to go overboard on him just yet until he has delivered consistently over a season or two. Disagree that he has been fantastic all season, he was as poor as the rest of the team early doors but was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch today.

No one said he's been fantastic all season but he has been for the past 2 or 3 months which led to Moyes calling him the best midfielder in the country after the Sunderland game.

BlueSinclair said:
Very disappointed at De Jong today, how did he let Fellaini boss the midfield so much?

He had an off game like everyone else, and tbf it was his first bad game of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.