Fellow FOC's thank you.

Wow I just want to say thank you to all our fellow FOC's to ones still here and to the ones sadly departed. ( miss you dad )

We stood shoulder to shoulder through the shit times and than the even shitter times.
We had bananas, self mocking songs we turned up in our 10's of thousands for each game, through the Manchester rain. We walked through the dog shit alleys of Maine Road passed the bloke with the 'end of the world is nigh' of the hope of a City win.

We never lost our manc dry humour, yes we demonstrated against Swales but we still turned up.

Even down here in the saff I would see fellow City and we would have a chat, it was a rare thing to see a City fan down saff. That is changing fast !

it was a challenge to keep our off spring as blues but most managed it. Teasing at school etc

It's been worth the journey and I wouldn't change it for the world. The worst we got the stronger my faith in my home town club grew.

City and Oasis kept me going

I just wanted to say thank you to fellow FOC's it's been one fucking journey, now our kids take us to the Etihad as our old and knackered bodies start to slow up.

Thank you FOC's and thank you to our off spring who followed our believe and support for Manchester City the best team and club in all the World.

My ramble is over have a great Christmas blues
There's more than one Jimmy Grimble, great post mate, loved those days in some ways better than these, I don't get there now due to health issues but in the 70s 80s and 90s I was home and away, A & B teams when I could Central League I just couldn't get enough.
The one thing I remember more than anything else, we were in it together no matter what, the best football days of my life.

I didn't know there was a FOC waiting list - Im 55 and thought I was in? How many points do I need?

Great original post - fucking love this club - away to Barnet or Barcelona - we will be there. CTID.

A very close friend of mine and @bluejon a drinking buddy and top bert sadly died on Tuesday, season card holder and been going since his dad took him 40 odd years ago. At least he got to see us win the lot, and last nights for you ya blue bugger.

Us FOCs will be getting older and dropping off, having seen the good, the bad and the ugly and enjoyig it all along the way
He was one of the best. Could not meet a more genuine guy, even if he was a gigantic blurt. Lovely fella, blue to his boots and will be missed enormously. We will be raising a few glasses to him after the Shef Utd match.

It's been some hell of a journey that started for me in the mid eighties, so many brilliant memories, although my glasses are definitely rose tinted.
Loved the Whitworth, Sherwood ( knock knock after the game ) and the Pink Final that was printed before the games had actually finished !
From the Moss Rose to Istanbul...it's been a ball

Yes, it has been some ride. My first game was 54 or 55. Aged 5. Dad passed me over the turnstiles and when I got to big for that I crawled under he then left me on the wall behind the goal at the scoreboard end. I was confused for many years after we lost the cup in 55 but won it 56. Dad listened to it on the radio and we both cheered at the final whistle. Days in the Kippax, Trautmans testimonial. In my early/ mid teens in the Kippax with my 4 mates (one of whom married my sister - both mad City fans still). Joining the army was character forming to say the least. The p1ss taking as I went around the world (oh! There is another team in Manchester besides the rag?) Third tier and still at it but the p1ss taking is worse.

To think we are now the best team in the land and all the world but sadly the man who set me off on this journey passed in 79 but he is still watching us from 'the extra tier at the Etihad'. He would have been so proud. Thanks Dad.
We are truly blessed, there is is no other fanbase with a storyline like ours, Division 3 to the Club World Cup , always in the news, mainly negative from the Press pack walkers but never boring. Wouldn't have missed it for the world, from John Bond and Swales,s toupet to Pep Guardiola, thank you Manchester City FC, the World Champions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.