Fellow FOC's thank you.

Us FOC`s are wonderful ... even with our aches and pains and mumblings. ;)
My wife says I mumble too much and have aches and pains in parts I cannot reach. Who cares! From the Kippax in the 60's to the top of the world! I can shout best team in the land and all the world with the best of them. Merry Christmas to all out there. Especially the foc.

Yes definitely Foc 72 soon,first game 62 Birmingham lost 4-1 Pardoes debut.Remember stood under the old scoreboard open end when it was pissing down to keep dry,Also 8,000 crowds for league games we we're proper shit back then.Outside Maine road chanting Sack Mac sack Mac (Les McDowell) I was just a kid but remember it well,collecting the tockens for the cup final 69 plus having to rip all the fronts from the away programmes to get my final ticket.First away game Blackburn mid week aged just 11 told mother it was at Maine road me and my mate jumped on train dont know what time we got back but big trouble Lol.I could write a book about me and City but will stop now.CTID.

@give it to gordon great post mate.

Since my work-enforced move to Leicester 40 years ago, the one thing that connects me to home, family and my closest friends, is our amazing football club. I've maintained my season ticket ever since, through the dark days, through the piss-taking, through the Pearce years.

The moment the final whistle went in Istanbul will live with me forever. A mixture of joy, sadness at lost ones who didn't get to see it, and a giant fuck you to all our detractors. Lots of tears, lots of FOC embraces that meant far more than I realised at the time.

Now, at the risk of going full Scouse, just indulge this sentimental fellow FOC for one minute. My Dad lies, with my grandparents, in Southern Cemetery. Under a conker tree. When we laid him to rest, a conker landed on the floor right next to me. I picked it up and have kept it for the 10 years since he passed. The conker has been to every game we've played since we buried the old boy. Home and away. Finals. Istanbul. Villa 3-2. Regular drubbings of our Stretford neighbours. He's been to Kharkiv, Porto, all across Europe. Through all the Pep years.

So, my Dad's witnessed everything since. With me, my mates and his Blue family. He'll be going for as long as I can crawl to Manchester, then I'll pass him on to someone else and he can go some more.

So, from one FOC to another, I salute every FOC, young and old ;)

I just wish I could go back and meet all thise rag bastards in the RAF in the 80/90s who gave me non stop shit as they dominated, laughing at every sacked manager, whilst they hoovered up trophy after trophy, I wore my blue shirt with pride and when I could get to games went, I bet they aren’t fuckimg laughing now. My dad was a bit emotional when I phoned him last night he’s 78, got to see the greats in the 60/70s and fucking hated Swales so much wouldn’t go to Maine road, but he still kept the faith, when I talked to him,ast night I just sang Best team in all the the land and all the world, he choked up, so glad he’s got to see us come back.

@give it to gordon great post mate.

Since my work-enforced move to Leicester 40 years ago, the one thing that connects me to home, family and my closest friends, is our amazing football club. I've maintained my season ticket ever since, through the dark days, through the piss-taking, through the Pearce years.

The moment the final whistle went in Istanbul will live with me forever. A mixture of joy, sadness at lost ones who didn't get to see it, and a giant fuck you to all our detractors. Lots of tears, lots of FOC embraces that meant far more than I realised at the time.

Now, at the risk of going full Scouse, just indulge this sentimental fellow FOC for one minute. My Dad lies, with my grandparents, in Southern Cemetery. Under a conker tree. When we laid him to rest, a conker landed on the floor right next to me. I picked it up and have kept it for the 10 years since he passed. The conker has been to every game we've played since we buried the old boy. Home and away. Finals. Istanbul. Villa 3-2. Regular drubbings of our Stretford neighbours. He's been to Kharkiv, Porto, all across Europe. Through all the Pep years.

So, my Dad's witnessed everything since. With me, my mates and his Blue family. He'll be going for as long as I can crawl to Manchester, then I'll pass him on to someone else and he can go some more.

So, from one FOC to another, I salute every FOC, young and old ;)
Love this post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.