Fergie (merged)

Re: Fergie

Thats true he didnt look this bad 10 years ago.He does look a bit like Brian Clough when he was leaving Nottingham Forrest in 1993

Marvin said:
Ferguson rants work

Look at the MOTD pundits. The video evidence shows Rooney kicks the defender, and yet they reckon it's a pen. And Ferguson's main aim is not to show Utd were robbed, but to put pressure on the next set of officials set to officiate Man Utd matches. The FA should stop this

To be fair to MOTD (for once), it was only that Murray and Hanson (don't get me started on him) that thought it was a pen. Pat Nevin actually said it wasn't a pen from the ref's view as you can see Rooney kick Caulker's leg. It was then the usual wankers to take the piss to try getting Nevin to change his mind. Nevin was right, but they just glossed over it and ignored the fact you can quite clearly see his leg move toward Caulker's.

But no mention what-so-ever of Fergie's rant, sure they showed it, but they didn't talk about it. If that would have been any other manager they'd have strung them up for a charge, talking about how you can't mention officials like that. I think Nevin was trying to get to that point but then Murray made some really shit joke to completely gloss over it and then quickly move on (something along the lines of asking Nevin to change his mind now whilst he can as it was a "Stonewall"). Usual unbiased approach from the MOTD team (Can't see Nevin being asked back on as from that game at least spoke mostly sense, even his analysis on utd's defending of Bale was 10 times better than anything I've seen Hanson analyze).

Mike N said:
malg said:
strongbowholic said:
With all due respect, we've been saying all this for 10 years and the fucker is still in charge of the *****.
Well said. Every time I see threads like this it reminds me of that Mark Twain quote 'rumours of my death are greatly exaggerated' (replace 'demise' for 'death' in Ferguson's case).

Well said? What the heck does that mean?

We havent been saying that he is cracking up for 10 years at all. He's on the way out now. His weekly rants suggests that the pressure is finally getting to him. He certainly wasnt like this 10 ago.

Do you think he looks well with his 'rhubarb and custard' complexion?
I don't think he looks the picture of health, but then again he's not 50 is he. He has always done these weekly rants, it's just that we've never been this close to them, so we now take notice of all his rants. The twat will still be knocking around in another 10 years - and until he stops managing those bastards they'll still be up there every single season.

RyanP3609 said:
Marvin said:
Ferguson rants work

Look at the MOTD pundits. The video evidence shows Rooney kicks the defender, and yet they reckon it's a pen. And Ferguson's main aim is not to show Utd were robbed, but to put pressure on the next set of officials set to officiate Man Utd matches. The FA should stop this

To be fair to MOTD (for once), it was only that Murray and Hanson (don't get me started on him) that thought it was a pen. Pat Nevin actually said it wasn't a pen from the ref's view as you can see Rooney kick Caulker's leg. It was then the usual wankers to take the piss to try getting Nevin to change his mind. Nevin was right, but they just glossed over it and ignored the fact you can quite clearly see his leg move toward Caulker's.

But no mention what-so-ever of Fergie's rant, sure they showed it, but they didn't talk about it. If that would have been any other manager they'd have strung them up for a charge, talking about how you can't mention officials like that. I think Nevin was trying to get to that point but then Murray made some really shit joke to completely gloss over it and then quickly move on (something along the lines of asking Nevin to change his mind now whilst he can as it was a "Stonewall"). Usual unbiased approach from the MOTD team (Can't see Nevin being asked back on as from that game at least spoke mostly sense, even his analysis on utd's defending of Bale was 10 times better than anything I've seen Hanson analyze).

Nevin was talking shit about the rags. Said they were magnificent. The man is a clown. His comments about the penalty were about the ref's view of it. He wasn't saying the decision was a correct one at all. He was merely saying he could understand why it wasn't given because the ref's view of it was obscured.

I for one hope he never is invited back. Bonus for me.

As for Fergie, I think he is genuinely afraid that having seen off the dippers, the chavs and the arse, City might be a bridge too far.

Pam said:
RyanP3609 said:
Marvin said:
Ferguson rants work

Nevin was talking shit about the rags. Said they were magnificent. The man is a clown. His comments about the penalty were about the ref's view of it. He wasn't saying the decision was a correct one at all. He was merely saying he could understand why it wasn't given because the ref's view of it was obscured.

As for Fergie, I think he is genuinely afraid that having seen off the dippers, the chavs and the arse, City might be a bridge too far.
Pam, I've been on here for a bit and I tend to read people for a living, are you a rag?

andyhinch said:
Pam said:
RyanP3609 said:

Pam, I've been on here for a bit and I tend to read people for a living, are you a rag?

Busted.

Pam said:
andyhinch said:
Pam said:

Busted.
Just thought I was shit at my job;)

I'm of the opinion that United's board are in a bit of a predicament with him. Possibly they should have asked him to move upstairs a few years ago and brought somebody else in with his blessing and his input and assistance to a new man as let's be honest anyone taking over this job without his involvement is on a hiding to nothing and it may have been a way they could have smoothed in a new manager and bought him some time (of course this manager would have had to go along with Fergies assistance with taking over the biggest job in world football).

As it is United have let him stay on and he's becoming a bit of an embarassment and I can't see anything other than him deteriorating in full view of the watching public if he's allowed to continue unopposed with his rantings each week. The problem for United is due to his success and longevity he'sin danger of becoming bigger than the club itself and if the board sack him (never going to happen) move him upstairs (maybe too late now) or ask him to step down and enjoy his retirement then if the new man initially fails to carry on their success then the board could face the wrath of the fans for getting rid - in whatever way - of their most successful manager. If the board let him carry on regardless then yes they may win a few more trophy's and then again they may not but at what cost to the clubs public image and to Fergurson himself and arguably the greatest manager in United's history and the modern game.

Great isn't it.

Did anyone notice his laboured breathing after each sentence?

Perhaps I was just seeing things, or wishing them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.