Fergie (merged)

Re: Fergie

Blue2112 said:
I'm of the opinion that United's board are in a bit of a predicament with him. Possibly they should have asked him to move upstairs a few years ago and brought somebody else in with his blessing and his input and assistance to a new man as let's be honest anyone taking over this job without his involvement is on a hiding to nothing and it may have been a way they could have smoothed in a new manager and bought him some time (of course this manager would have had to go along with Fergies assistance with taking over the biggest job in world football).

As it is United have let him stay on and he's becoming a bit of an embarassment and I can't see anything other than him deteriorating in full view of the watching public if he's allowed to continue unopposed with his rantings each week. The problem for United is due to his success and longevity he'sin danger of becoming bigger than the club itself and if the board sack him (never going to happen) move him upstairs (maybe too late now) or ask him to step down and enjoy his retirement then if the new man initially fails to carry on their success then the board could face the wrath of the fans for getting rid - in whatever way - of their most successful manager. If the board let him carry on regardless then yes they may win a few more trophy's and then again they may not but at what cost to the clubs public image and to Fergurson himself and arguably the greatest manager in United's history and the modern game.

Great isn't it.

Good post, Josh .. and TBO
even rag supporting friends are beginning to shuffle their feet and look at the ground when the Old Pisscan's rants are aired in mixed public

It may not be immediate but the cracks are now definitely showing , and the .. 'blame the officials' card has been sussed by most intelligent journos nad he is looking an increasingly folorn figure

The rearguard action in th Prem by the old guard re FFP just casts him and his old dynasaty as more a dn more anachronistic (they have already been spooted as hypocritical)

I am fascinated to watch what happens to that shower (Scum that is) when the nice men with the medication finally usher the old alky into the back of the ambulance

Blue2112 said:
I'm of the opinion that United's board are in a bit of a predicament with him. Possibly they should have asked him to move upstairs a few years ago and brought somebody else in with his blessing and his input and assistance to a new man as let's be honest anyone taking over this job without his involvement is on a hiding to nothing and it may have been a way they could have smoothed in a new manager and bought him some time (of course this manager would have had to go along with Fergies assistance with taking over the biggest job in world football).

As it is United have let him stay on and he's becoming a bit of an embarassment and I can't see anything other than him deteriorating in full view of the watching public if he's allowed to continue unopposed with his rantings each week. The problem for United is due to his success and longevity he'sin danger of becoming bigger than the club itself and if the board sack him (never going to happen) move him upstairs (maybe too late now) or ask him to step down and enjoy his retirement then if the new man initially fails to carry on their success then the board could face the wrath of the fans for getting rid - in whatever way - of their most successful manager. If the board let him carry on regardless then yes they may win a few more trophy's and then again they may not but at what cost to the clubs public image and to Fergurson himself and arguably the greatest manager in United's history and the modern game.

Great isn't it.

In a word - BRILLIANT.

This has been dealt with, here is the transcript:

FA: Alex, this was the last straw, either you clean up your act or else!

Slur Alex: Or else what?

FA: Or else we'll tell you to clean up your act again!

Those stories here a criminal Mr Big still runs his empire from inside a la Grouty in Porridge - is it too much to hope that the Ushited board are so backed into a corner they will have to let Baconplace continue running things from inside his padded cell !!??

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I'm sure he had his beanie on back to front today. Do MANUre beanies have club logo on front and back? Perhaps he has a specially made one to indicate he doesn't know whether he's coming or going!

I didn't see the beanie but this made me laugh. Keep em coming Mr Ewing.

Blue2112 said:

Great isn't it.

He should piss off upstairs with that other twat..

The comb over kid.

Whilst Fergus is clearly circling the plug hole united are amassing a record points haul. Ultimately they are well coached so the team I think won't be affected by his public outbursts. What might be interesting though is if he's rambling and incoherent in the dressing room and how the players will respond to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.