Fergie's a c*ck but has a point here

Yes , Fergie's right .....

you have to communicate with your players , and especially if you expect them to play in a 'rotation' system ..... at the end of the day players like to win things or be at a successful club , so they can hardly argue if a managers policies yield fruitful rewards , can they?

And this is my 'beef' with the likes of Adebayor or Richards ..... if they go anywhere 'worthwhile' they'll probably find themselves part of a rotation system , just like SWP found out during his Chelsea days .... they need to realise that , and understand that the grass isn't always greener just because you've changed clubs!

Didsbury Dave said:
Totally agree, SWP. Simple and effective people management is as applicable in football as business, I think.

I've had reservations about this at City if I'm honest. I remember Shay Given giving an interview where he was asked about whether he would figure in the UEFA Cup games and he just said "I don't know".

I'm hoping things have improved on that side because it was an issue last season. Don't want to open up a can of worms over this because I've seen nothing recently to suggest that it is a problem any more.

The Micah interview wasn't a problem for me, and he did say they'd talked.

Yeah, I hope we can put some of the the things (like your Shay example) down to a different football climate over here and Mancini learning the ropes. I do think Kidd and especially Platt will have been an invaluable asset to Mancini in respects such as this over the last 6-12 months.

black mamba said:
Yes , Fergie's right .....

you have to communicate with your players , and especially if you expect them to play in a 'rotation' system ..... at the end of the day players like to win things or be at a successful club , so they can hardly argue if a managers policies yield fruitful rewards , can they?

And this is my 'beef' with the likes of Adebayor or Richards ..... if they go anywhere 'worthwhile' they'll probably find themselves part of a rotation system , just like SWP found out during his Chelsea days .... they need to realise that , and understand that the grass isn't always greener just because you've changed clubs!

If you were a mad, old, alcoholic, that would be where you would start rambling on about cows in fields.

Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's the key point here for me and something I've banged on about a lot.

Communication and motivation of the playing staff.

I agree Dave. However much we might loathe ferguson, he is one of the best managers on the planet (vomits slightly in mouth) and therefore we can assume that his man management skills are pretty good. He has had decades to perfect things though whereas Mancini is a pretty young manager and will improve in time. Also worth bearing in mind the context in which both managers are working. We have very quickly assembled a squad of expensive players who to an extent will not have a huge affinity to the club. They have players who have been there for years and when they buy they are just adding players to a squad that understands and respects the club they have spent years at. Also, united have won everything in the last decade, we have won nothing. Maybe when we have won a few championships and champions leagues, players will feel more able to sit on the bench for the odd match without kicking off. I am pretty confident that the player dessent we have seen in the last year or two will continue to reduce over the next year, for various reasons.

Elopquently put.

Mancio said:
SWP's back said:
I am a Mancini fan as you know but I agree thoroughly Dave. If Sir Twat End can take the time to explain then I see no reason why Mancini can't.

Though the one caveat I have in this instance is that Micah said that he had spoken with Mancini, but still had a little snipe.

This thread wasn't having a go at any players or Mancini, but maybe praising what goes on across the way in Trafford.

do you believe what baconface say ?

i dont believe any word any manager say. their job is not to be sincere and honest , particularly with press and media.
I was led to believe that in Italy,Mancini has the same reputation as baconface.That is,if you stab him in the back,you're history.Is this true Mancio,or is he more tolerant?

anymore than 2sheiks said:
Mancio said:
do you believe what baconface say ?

i dont believe any word any manager say. their job is not to be sincere and honest , particularly with press and media.
I was led to believe that in Italy,Mancini has the same reputation as baconface.That is,if you stab him in the back,you're history.Is this true Mancio,or is he more tolerant?

he is a 0 tolerance manager. just like all the succesfull football manager are. baconface as capello as mourinho as mancini are all on the same way , their way or the highway.

I'm sure some of what Fergie has said there is true, however that's not the only, or indeed the most important, reason why you don't get negative sniping comments coming from the swamp. Fergie has earned himself a reputation for being ruthless, it doesn't matter how good you are, or how long you've been at the club, you cross him and you lose. Jaap Stam wrote a book Fergie didn't like, he was sold pretty much straight away. RVN started making noises that he wasn't 100% content, he was out the door to Madrid soon after. Fergie scares his players into silence, they know that if they say anything he doesn't like then their days at United are numbered.

to be honest i think he has a point.

and i dont think we will have a problem with players coming out and saying not happy/frustrated when we start winning trophies.

think its because some players still have the mentality that we are still in a psoition where we cant win things and get frustrated. like in previous years especially players that have been at the club a long time.

also with man utd have to be honest any player who joins them will expect that because they have won things on consistant basis. but players who joined us previously would expect to play. but i dont think thats the case now. withnthe exception of ade of course.

just my opinion.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Mancini-1 year.
Ferguson-24 years.

That's the key difference imo.

Hey, I am not criticising Mancini (do I ever), just saying that they have the right ethos at the swamp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.