Fergie's a c*ck but has a point here

big blueballs said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
What was the name of that guy they pissed about for a year before offering a contract far too late?

It would appear that Sir isn't always right, sorry to bust any bubbles lads.
yeah i know who you mean that little argie!

Yeah, wonder what happened to him? He wasn't a goal scorer anyway apparently and it all worked out in the end as Owen is perhaps the best young striker in world football.

One advantage United have had is that their back up players such as Brown, O'Shea, Park have always seemed to accept their role in the squad. You never hear them griping when they are left out.

Our problem is that the likes of Given, Lescott, SWP ,Bridge, Adebayor were signed with the expectation that they would be regular first team players and are understandably more reluctant to accept a lesser role.

TheMightyQuinn said:
What was the name of that guy they pissed about for a year before offering a contract far too late?

They let him go because they couldn't afford him, in reality, TMQ.

Their PR machine put it out there to appease the fans that he'd been made an offer.

Truth is they couldn't come near us and preferred Rooney.

TheMightyQuinn said:

I agree on that one but Tevez is a strange beast. Have we not seen?

Didsbury Dave said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

They let him go because they couldn't afford him, in reality, TMQ.

Their PR machine put it out there to appease the fans that he'd been made an offer.

Truth is they couldn't come near us and preferred Rooney.

Either way, it's wrong to assume that Ferguson gets everything right and that Mancini lacks the ability to communicate with his players.

SWP's back said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

He's an absolute prick and no mistake but my point remains.

No one on here knows how well Mancini does or doesn't communicate with his players.

TheMightyQuinn said:
SWP's back said:

No one on here knows how well Mancini does or doesn't communicate with his players.

Mate - this is not an anti-Mancini thread (or it wasn't intended to be). Ask Dave, he will tell you that I am the happiest of clappers where Mancini is concerned. Or ask Shady, or Billy or any of those that have been more circumspect over the months.

I was simply saying that twat the he is, fergie tends to get more right than wrong with regard to this type of thing.

SWP's back said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Mate - this is not an anti-Mancini thread (or it wasn't intended to be). Ask Dave, he will tell you that I am the happiest of clappers where Mancini is concerned. Or ask Shady, or Billy or any of those that have been more circumspect over the months.

I was simply saying that twat the he is, fergie tends to get more right than wrong with regard to this type of thing.

I'm not sure he does to be honest.

It can appear that way because all the noise from the club will back up Fergie 100% as will the majority of the fans.

I do take your point mate but also it should be stated that all players should be aware of the rotational policy in modern football anyway.

Of course Ferguson makes mistake. I am sure he said selling Jaap Stam was his biggest.

But there can be no doubt whatseover that he is a good people manager because his teams are always that - teams. At the moment they are greater than the sum of their parts and a lot of that comes down to making them operate as a team.

To have an effective team you have tomanage them properly as individuals and their success in terms of trophies and also keeping their best players happy speaks for itself.

He is a stupid prick though, no doubt, let me make that clear. But I don't think his players think he's that, that's the point.

Mancini? He'll find it easier as his language gets better and I'm sure he's learnt lots of lessions. There's no doubt he's made mistakes in this respect but as I said, the signs seem much better recently.

There have been players in the past distinctly unhappy with Fergusons man managment such as Strachan. Having said that he clearly gets a lot right otherwise he would not be the success that he is.
With rotation it is a lot easier if you are in the Champions league as you then have two major tournaments to roatate players through. The Europa league is treated very much as secondary to the premiership by most teams. So players are judging themselves by whether or not they are in the premiership side regularly. This may change in the later stages of the Europa cup or FA cup should we reach them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.