Fergie's a c*ck but has a point here

SWP's Back, I like you, lad, BUT I think the implication that no one from their side threatens to leave, is not true. I'm sure Nanny has complained about not being played and definitely Anderson has.

When Anderson did, he was subsequently played and hasn't really been dropped, since.

The players are extremely well paid employees of the club.
Employees.

I fail to understand why they are not contractually bound - and coached / trained - not to talk directly to the media without the club's approval / endorsement / vetting of the content.

Many of the players are naive not very well educated youngsters that are like lambs to the slaughter with seasoned, experienced journos with an agenda (ie most of them).

I get the distinct impression that only selected scum players are ALLOWED to talk to the media by Baconface.

Much as I loathe Roy keane,in many ways he had the right approach with the media - always assume they have an agenda and are out to embarrass you, treat them with contempt and don't let them get away with anything.

That approach certainly helped him in his management career.

Oh, wait............

Communication is key. I know everyone wants to play every game, but if you just talk to the players, let them and explain, much of the job is done. Just like in every situation in the world. Chances are they will understand, and accept it. Nothing is more frustrating and annoying than not knowing why, in this harsh football world, I except them to think all kinds of silly things, and with greedy fecking agents its not a surprise shit is stirred.

SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's the key point here for me and something I've banged on about a lot.

Communication and motivation of the playing staff.

I am a Mancini fan as you know but I agree thoroughly Dave. If Sir Twat End can take the time to explain then I see no reason why Mancini can't.

Though the one caveat I have in this instance is that Micah said that he had spoken with Mancini, but still had a little snipe.

This thread wasn't having a go at any players or Mancini, but maybe praising what goes on across the way in Trafford.
i think if we are honest we have to admire the way things are done at the swamp, i hate those twats as much as anyone on bm , but you gotta hold your hands up to them, but hes a cntu thier fans are cntsu everything about them is cntuish ... but like i said credit where its due and all that

There are many subtle differences; two being like others have said which are time and having your own players. You also have to look at the players that United have on the bench, they are players that are generally just happy at being at a club like United. The likes of Evans, O'Shea, Obertan, Park, Neville etc would not be happy if they were on the bench anywhere else. What Ferguson has done brilliantly over the years is have 12/13 very good players but then having a backup of about 6/7 that aren't world beaters but are happy to come in and do a job when needed. It's easy for fans of other clubs to slag off the likes of O'Shea but in many ways it's better to have him in the squad happy to be starting the odd game rather than having someone like Adebayor on the sidelines when he feels he should be playing every week.

I'm sure Mancini will get it right in the end. Tevez apart, our really important players all seem to like the way he works and they enjoy playing under him. I'd say by the end of the summer transfer window he'll have every player he wants both in and out of the squad and only after that should we properly judge.

Bigga said:
SWP's Back, I like you, lad, BUT I think the implication that no one from their side threatens to leave, is not true. I'm sure Nanny has complained about not being played and definitely Anderson has.

When Anderson did, he was subsequently played and hasn't really been dropped, since.

I thought he was left out for a month or two as punishment (wasn't it about 12 months ago)?

I was not saying that it never happens but I think that City should ensure that the club always comes first and these snide interviews stop.

As another poster said (Lancet Fluke), it will become easier once we acheive something (even Champs League qualification).

So he sits down and explains things to 14 players every single time united have a match? Does he bollocks. It's a nice theory, but I simply don't believe him, certainly not to the extent he is making out.

Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
Ferguson said. "I'll always explain to a player I have left out exactly what I am trying to do and the reason for not including him in a particular game.

"In general, it appears to pay off, in terms of respect for the player and giving him his head. If he has his own opinion, great, I am happy to talk it through with him and they always know they may be playing next week and somebody else will have to sit it out.

That's the key point here for me and something I've banged on about a lot.

Communication and motivation of the playing staff.
or just good old man management, to put it another way

What was the name of that guy they pissed about for a year before offering a contract far too late?

It would appear that Sir isn't always right, sorry to bust any bubbles lads.

TheMightyQuinn said:
What was the name of that guy they pissed about for a year before offering a contract far too late?

It would appear that Sir isn't always right, sorry to bust any bubbles lads.
yeah i know who you mean that little argie!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.