Ferguson **Confirmed Retired** (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Slurgie **Confirmed Retired** (merged)

Caveman said:
jellert said:
So for the first time in my life no fergie
I was born in '82 but started going to City in '89, so this is the first (or the Summer will be) time i will have known football with no Ferguson. Imagine what Rags our age will be like, they will literally have no clue how to handle it.

And to put some perspective on Ferguson's longevity, Giggs was only 52 when BaconFace took over!

Matty said:
Pigeonho said:
wireblue said:
Tolmie will confirm i told him ferguson is leaving this summer back at the start of march. Same source has just told me the new manager - mourinho.
Good work mate.

I think Mourinho is the best appointment - as far as WE are concerned. He'll be gone in 2 seasons like he usually does, and then they're back to where they find themselves today, but with a 2 year dynasty to replace rather than a 26 year one.

Today is a fantastic day.

Mourinho will be a double edged sword. On the one hand he'll be a relative stop gap manager, he'll be gone in 3 years maximum as is his want regardless of the sixe of the club, and United will need to deal with the new manager issue all over again. However, on the other hand, he's won whereever he's been so United will still be hugely successful over the next few seasons. Personally I'd prefer them to get Moyes, he's never won anything as a manager and it remains to be seen if he's got the tactical nouce and the abilities to manage a club the size of United and win things with them.
I would think they will win trophies, or at least compete strongly, with whoever comes in. Thing is though Mourinho is what he is, a journeyman and whilst he will deliver a trophy or two he will inevitably leave them in the position they find themselves in today, then the next manager comes in and does things his way and so on and so on. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

woooohooooooo

rafa for the rags

barcajaden said:
incredible manager and motivator

just have to look at the players he has brought through and trophies won. One of the best managers ever

It will deffo be moyles or mourinho to take over imo
Chris-Moyles-leaving-Radi-008.jpg

Why couldn't Fergie

wait a little longer to annouce his retirement. We have a cup final this weekend....

I am not sure whether I am happy or sad that Fergie announced his retirement before we
play our cup final is overshadowed by the announcement of this magnitude either way I am glad he decided to go, the time is right but he could of told the world later but he has to reign on our parade > <

Respect him for his achievements but he knows next year things will only get harder and he doesnt have the time to keep wrestling back hounours. Goes off with a high and not a bad season for them either. It will only get worse for united next season they got very lucky this year but unless they get a certaiin special one then we are all in trouble!

Martin Edwards was just asked on talksport will utd go continental or homegrown, IN HOUSE he replied, realised what he had said and backtracked

barcajaden said:
quiet_riot said:
No matter what anyone says, because they absolutely will not acknowledge it, but us blues will always know that we played a big part in this, he is so scared that his final years would be over shadowed by 'ikkle citeh', that he's called time early.

Thank you Sheikh Mansour!

he is 71? how is he scared when united just won the league?

If they never won the league then it would like he was running away but not when they are PL champions...and have like a 10pt lead over you

He knows with chelsea getting stronger and us strengthening in the summer they will not be winning it next season. Has has quit while he is ahead

Why is everybody wetting themselves over mourinho yes he has been succesful no doubt but look at this season he has been comprehensively beaten by barca in the league despite them having large portions when they didnt play well, he was lucky to scrape through to the semis of the cl this year as well. This with a squad containing ronaldo, ozil, di maria, varane amongst others , when he was at chelsea he spent heavily to get them where they are when chelsea couldnt be matched.

Lets see how well he does with a squad containing carrick, phil jones, smalling, giggs, scholes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.