Ferguson - Loud Mouthed Bully

Based on a conversation I had with Maurice Watkins a few years back, no he wasn’t.
Had they lost that game that attmosphere to get him out would have been at fever pitch ............ ok the owners saying it years after they won the cup ............... that 89/90 season they on the whole where poor and I doubt he would have seen it out had they lost ............I went to the game against Sheff Wed 0-0 maybe the week after the 5-1 and let’s say the attmosphere was toxic so an early cup exit would have rammed it up big time............

Just read an article in the Sunday Times about this guy. Foul mouthed bully doesn't begin to describe this obnoxious man. He managed players who in his day had no power...nowadays he wouldn't last ten seconds in a dressing room full of money rich individuals and their agents. Hope he's enjoying his legacy.
Ferguson - ****

all that was required.

Brian Clough.
Great manager. Nowhere near the GPC though. As said before, Ferguson not only obliterates every English manager (Clough included) on top flight and European trophies, he also broke the Celtic /Rangers duopoly and that shows he was an absolutely top drawer manager. He’s a very very strong claim for greatest ever. Unless there is someone out there who has a comparable 2 team (or more haul).

Had they lost that game that attmosphere to get him out would have been at fever pitch ............ ok the owners saying it years after they won the cup ............... that 89/90 season they on the whole where poor and I doubt he would have seen it out had they lost ............I went to the game against Sheff Wed 0-0 maybe the week after the 5-1 and let’s say the attmosphere was toxic so an early cup exit would have rammed it up big time............
Who knows mate. Only repeated what I was told and I felt he had no reason to lie to me, and I brought the subject up, but people’s recollection of events can often become warped as event develop one way or the other. And people lie for all sorts of reasons tbf, even those that aren’t apparent.

This conversation was just after they’d sold Ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis and he told me he wasn’t worried because they had some really good youngsters coming through! (this was just before the Hansen ‘don’t win anything with kids’ comment!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.