Ferguson retires - Moyes new manager

Re: Ferguson Retired (merged) (cont)

If it's deff Moyes, it may really be a tight race for PL next season.....between us and Chelsea :P

allan harper said:
Ryan Giggs is said to have ruled himself out of succeeding Alex Ferguson as he wants to spend more time with his brothers family.

fucking creased up here.. :)

Blue_Rossy said:
dont see why we all happy, old piss can going upstairs and moyes will just be a yes sir no sir manager. Pisscan will still be managing in some sort of way, and utd being utd ie they always come out smelling of roses, he will prob win the fkin league.

It's a kind of back-handed compliment to Ferguson that we're all so happy to see the back of him. Whatever you think of him as a person, you can't knock what he has achieved. Christ, I'm 43 years of age and he's been in charge there for the whole of my adult life. Anyone coming in after him would find it nigh on impossible to emulate him but the likes of Mourinho, Klopp, or Pep would've had most of us worried as I reckon any of those three would have little problem keeping United where they are now so the fact that it's Moyes is the best news we could've hoped for. Don't get me wrong, he's a damn good manager and I'm not deluded enough to think that they are suddenly going to go into terminal decline but it won't be the same as having Baconface in charge. And yes, I agree that Ferguson will still have an important role somewhere along the line but Moyes will be wanting to implement some of his own ideas too.

This is a managerial appointment that is being spun by United as one that suits them best due to Moyes possessing similar attributes as his predecessor, one of them being that he will be prepared to stick around for a long time. However, to me and many others it smacks of United doing things on the cheap due to the fact that Moyes is prepared to work with a modest budget whereas someone like Mourinho would want a sizeable transfer kitty. Not to mention the fact that they won't have to pay a penny in compensation to Everton.

AlthamBlue said:
andy_aston said:
Moyes confirmed according to FIFA.com on twitter

Have they deleted the tweet? It's not there.

I think they have, i posted then went back on twitter and it had disapeared, may have jumped the gun

AlthamBlue said:
andy_aston said:
Moyes confirmed according to FIFA.com on twitter

Have they deleted the tweet? It's not there.

Probably embargoed until they announce it on the stock exchange. Fifa jumped the gun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.