Ferguson retires - Moyes new manager

Re: Ferguson **Confirmed Retired** (merged)

Prestwich_Blue said:
rickmcfc said:
itsnevereasy said:
Something isn't right about him going so suddenly and before the end of the season, they could of done this after the last game and jointly announced the new manager. Something is being covered up, something big.

I don't get the timings. Something isn't quite right.
David Meek hinted at it in his Gray & Keys interview. Said something about a difference of opinion with the Glazers over future transfer spending and he was more pushed than jumped.

I posted about this in the main Rags thread but I understand he's faced them down a few times in the past and forced them to spend more than they wanted. The background to the Rooney transfer request 3 years ago was money. Their wage ceiling at that time was £90k a week I was told and that stopped them recruiting the really world class players they were linked with in the press like Sneijder. Rooney wanted to double that and at first the Glazers refused, trying to call his bluff. However, after least one other club (not us) came in with a much higher wage offer, they caved in after what I'm told was a fractious telephone conference.

My source told me that the real problem was that there were a number of players (4 or 5) who had "parity" clauses in their contracts, which meant they got the same as the highest paid player. So that cost them an extra £20-25m a year straight off, plus the ceiling was broken so others got increases as well. Hence their wage bill is going up faster than their income. I'm told there was a lingering suspicion that Baconface (& Gill) were not entirely innocent in this.

They've now got their own man, Ed Woodward, as CEO and I'd say they're going to start controlling costs more aggressively. My guess is that they've seen that Liverpool and Arsenal have continued to pull in substantial income without actually winning things (and not even being in the top 4/CL in Liverpool's case) while keeping costs down or even reducing them in Liverpool's case. Their business model is based on getting no further than the group stages in the CL and they could even survive not making the CL at all for a year.

Their thinking must be "Why spend £50m or more to win the league, when it only brings in £4m more prize money than finishing 3rd?" There's no way Baconface would accept that viewpoint.

Sauron.. "Hi Malc, I'd like 80 mill to buy Ronaldo"..

Malc..." fuck off"..

Sauron.."ok I'll retire gracefully then"..

Re: Ferguson Retired (merged) (cont)

Does anyone remeber a documentary about nesbitt a few years ago, and it showed him ripping into the sky interviewers before he went on air?

HE was saying things like "what the fuck are you going to ask me" "don't fucking bring this up" "don't fucking mention that" etc etc, i can't wait for this all starting to change

Re: Ferguson **Confirmed Retired** (merged)

blue underpants said:
itsnevereasy said:
Something isn't right about him going so suddenly and before the end of the season, they could of done this after the last game and jointly announced the new manager. Something is being covered up, something big.
Iknow i keep saying this but it was alluded to by David Meek on talkshite yesterday, something was not right with yesterdays timing

I am not an ITK but I was told that it was health problems.

I think we are going to have to be careful not to get too carried away by el bacon's retirement. Despite all the euphoria we need to remember that he hasn’t popped his clogs and his influence will still pervade the FA. Its nice to poke fun at the rags about Moyes being the next manager but Moyes is no fool. He’s kept a team that, in reality, I’d consider to be on a par with the West Ham’s, Blackburn’s, Birmingham’s and Wolves of this world in the top half of the PL season after season whilst they were floundering and foundering. If you don’t think Everton play football then you need to look beyond the, lets be polite and call it robust, way they play. They do play good football at times.

When (if?) he goes to the rags he won’t be thrown in at the deep end. He’ll have the real power behind the throne Muelensteen holding one hand and el bacon holding the other. I’ve no doubt he’s been brought in to trim the wage bill and run the place on a budget as he does have an eye for a bargain. His biggest weakness was strikers, he never seemed to be able to pick those but he won’t need to at the rags as he already has a bloody good one in van pissie.

I for one won’t be expecting some huge sea change at the rags. I can’t see them disposing of a lot of the players who have just won them the title when a new manager is coming in. Maybe one or 2 ( Rooney and Nani) and Moyes raiding Everton for Felliaini and Baines. They don’t win the title by beating their nearest rivals they win it by winning consistently against the teams out of the top 5/6 and I can’t see that changing just yet.

Both City and Chelsea have proved they have the game to beat the rags but they both haven’t yet progressed to the point where they can win the week in week out games against the weaker teams.
The rags with Moyes at the helm will still be up there next season at least if not longer fighting for the title.

I think it was announced the way it was because of obligations to the NY stock exchange. If they've decided he's moving on they are required to announce it because it could affect investments.

SuperYaya said:
I think it was announced the way it was because of obligations to the NY stock exchange. If they've decided he's moving on they are required to announce it because it could affect investments.

That old bitter grave dodger Crerand was having none of that yesterday

Ryan Giggs is said to have ruled himself out of succeeding Alex Ferguson as he wants to spend more time with his brothers family.

Wouldn't it be funny if they announced someone other than Moyes as his successor??!!

Paddy Crerands rant yesterday will be overshadowed by the climb down from all news outlets.................... ohhhhhhh how satisfying that would be.

Shame it's probably only a dream!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.