Ferguson says Utd far fitter than City

he's right, bob will sort it though.

theres the problem,one manager is ready ,players fully fit ,the other isnt

Last week it genuinely looked like united had planned their training regime for their season to start with the Charity Shield, we looked like we'd prepared ours to start a week later.

I heard that our boys had just had a series of intensive training sessions and they were in recovery from it and that's why Kompany said they were tired. Is there any truth in that?

Come the end of the season it's stamina and not speed out of the starting blocks that counts, I'm just hoping that our training has been based on the latter.

Based on last season I think at the end of the season we were the fittest team in the league so Robbie knows what he is doing and the fitness regime should be based for all the season not just the first few days

i think if you read between the lines utd had 4 or 5 making derby debuts and that gives any team a lift,the adrenaline kicks tiredness out the window and am i right in thinking we didn`t make any en masse substitutions?

if kompany kicks the ball into row z in the last minute the wankfest over utd wouldn`t be here at all,let`s see who is fitter around christmas and new year when cleverley is on the bench after being found out,camelface and his glassback are twittering away,vidic banned after his tenth rugby tackle of the season..

just another pathetic journo trying to lick shakin bacons arse in a vain attempt to get brownie points..

did this journo mention that sneijder is glazerworld bound by the way???

This is the first time ever ive seen so much empahasis put on a pre season friendly. They beat us with a last minute goal because of a mistake from our defender. Im not saying we were good because quite clearly we werent but we were dreadful and they were good and they still just scraped it and now everyone here, on sky sports, motd, sunday supplement etc has them not losing a game this season running away with the league etc etc.

On MOTD last night Alan Hansen said he normally didnt take any notice of the community shield but because united played well ( didnt mention the fact we were dreadful ) He now believes that is an indicator that they will win the title, its incredible that because they won it and played relatively well now its a big game nad it matters if kompany hadnt made that mistake and we had won on penalties whether the same conclusions would and could have been drawn its laughable.

Im not saying their not a good team quite clearly they are but the way everyone is just conceeding the championship to them based on that game is a joke.

Why don't media pick up on the rags defence we scored 2 goals pretty easily and we were diabolical that day! Baconface Gambled in the second half and told players the ball and just run with it! Will the team that started the second half last week play against West Brom? No it won't

They put everything in to last week - they played they couldn't afford to lose it under any circumstances, whereas we seemed to treat it like a friendly. Yet still went 2 down!

Not sure which camp got it right to be honest, but it means nothing once the real business gets underway today and tomorrow.

mancboy123 said:
This is the first time ever ive seen so much empahasis put on a pre season friendly. They beat us with a last minute goal because of a mistake from our defender. Im not saying we were good because quite clearly we werent but we were dreadful and they were good and they still just scraped it and now everyone here, on sky sports, motd, sunday supplement etc has them not losing a game this season running away with the league etc etc.

On MOTD last night Alan Hansen said he normally didnt take any notice of the community shield but because united played well ( didnt mention the fact we were dreadful ) He now believes that is an indicator that they will win the title, its incredible that because they won it and played relatively well now its a big game nad it matters if kompany hadnt made that mistake and we had won on penalties whether the same conclusions would and could have been drawn its laughable.

Im not saying their not a good team quite clearly they are but the way everyone is just conceeding the championship to them based on that game is a joke.
Anyone who extrapolates a season from one game is clearly wasting their time. But I thought Ferguson's comment about the comparable fitness levels was interesting. Not saying he was right. They after all were 2-0 down at half time, and they had to go for it, and they made 3 subs at half-time

Why do no other team learn from the Utd ethic of playing until the final whistle, they win the title because of this, they win important games because of this. Football isn't rocket science is it, get your players fitter than the others run the opposition to the ground and keep pressing, I hate the rags as much as the next blue but their work ethic is outstanding they never let up, community shield, West Brom last season and numerous other games. With the squad we have and that sort of work ethic we would walk this league and easily reach the latter stages of the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.