Ferguson says Utd far fitter than City

The Fat el Hombre said:
It realy didn't take a football genius to see that they were far fitter and sharper than us at the CS. Luckily fitness is a problem that is fairly easily and quickly solved, hopefully that was the main difference between us that day, but we'll see.

It's only solved if we adopt the right methods though, core strengh wins games dont you agree ? Some players struggle with that ya ya being a good example, Silva being the other side of the coin.
Lets see how we go, but we shouldnt be looking at the first 10 games as part of a get fit and upto speed method. Sure fitness levels grow after 10 games, but i see it as united starting the season at 95 % fitness and us generally at 80/85%. not ideal!!.. But thats how i see it. How can we have two strikers that are unfit right at the start FFS??

I still see us doing very well this year, but we dont make it easy for ourselves with end of window signings and slow pace fitness schedules.

Don't know if I am missing something here, but I thought the first 10 games are worth the same amount of points as the last 10.
Better to already have them in the bag!

waspish said:
Why don't media pick up on the rags defence we scored 2 goals pretty easily and we were diabolical that day! Baconface Gambled in the second half and told players the ball and just run with it! Will the team that started the second half last week play against West Brom? No it won't
To be fair, the first goal was the result of a brilliant ball into the box by DS and the second simply should never have gone in, no matter how well Dzeko hit it. There was only one ''decent'' goal in that game.

We've played United 3 times this year, twice at Wembley and once at Old Scaffold. They are so far shading it 5:4 on aggregate with two of their goals having to be top draw.

The Community Shield saw us 2:0 up without us playing at our best yet United were close to their best, and yet they could only beat us in added time.

United get no better playing us but every time we play them we are learning what is needed to surpass them.

The way Mancini got our players to stay and watch United's presentation afterwards will instill more desire in our players to make that final step. Not long now.

united are a fitter team at the moment and go for it for the full 90 minutes,however the myth about the lucky last minute goals or the added time untill they score is nonsese, the trouble is teams are allways gratfeull for a point against them home or away and tend to defend like fuck for the last 15 mins or so if its 1-1, odds are they are going to score when the side they are playing is on the rack

There were definately a few key City players that were very leggy, combined with the aformentioned hunger of the United youngsters/debutants, made them look much sharper.

The way baconface makes capital in the press out of whatever the circumstances currently are, is in some respects, a real talent and the sycophantic journalists just lap it up.

However, united might have won this battle, but the war will last until next May!

Blue Maverick said:
Why do no other team learn from the Utd ethic of playing until the final whistle, they win the title because of this, they win important games because of this. Football isn't rocket science is it, get your players fitter than the others run the opposition to the ground and keep pressing, I hate the rags as much as the next blue but their work ethic is outstanding they never let up, community shield, West Brom last season and numerous other games. With the squad we have and that sort of work ethic we would walk this league and easily reach the latter stages of the CL.

all teams try to play til the final whistle, they don't just stop on 85 minutes

the difference is utd believe they can do it and other teams half expect it - so guess whats gonna happen

for me a team of their supposed quality shouldnt have to win so many games late on

Mancini Manus Domini said:
We've played United 3 times this year, twice at Wembley and once at Old Scaffold. They are so far shading it 5:4 on aggregate with two of their goals having to be top draw.

The Community Shield saw us 2:0 up without us playing at our best yet United were close to their best, and yet they could only beat us in added time.

United get no better playing us but every time we play them we are learning what is needed to surpass them.

The way Mancini got our players to stay and watch United's presentation afterwards will instill more desire in our players to make that final step. Not long now.

I agree - look at the CS positively... we played shite and were able to put 2 past them, and they scraped past us in injury time.

When Wigan RL club were winning everything one of their players commented "We always look a bit sluggish at the start of the season, that's because we've been training harder than everyone else. But it means we lose a touch of pace. Our training is aimed at making sure we're at our sharpest in the second half of the season, nobody will be able to touch us from January"

Quite happy for all and sundry to be handing the PL to them and bigging up their fringe players.
In my opinion they are more dangerous as underdogs with something to prove.

If they lose some of their hunger to prove everybody wrong that would suit us just fine.

On the fitness issue they have an unusually tough start to the campaign with quite a few "6-pointers" by the end of October and some tricky little away games so there is a need for them to be ready early.

To use a tired cliche; It's a marathon not a sprint.

We'll be just fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.