Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, despite having an exceptional disciplinary record for 3 years one soft. How many times have we seen our players pushed over only for no card to be shown? One incredibly soft bordering on farcical booking leading to a red in Europe and a mistimed tackle and deserved red card lead you to believe he's a concern.
Wish our fans would watch our games, form their opinions based on that rather than what's printed in the media.m

Read my post, I said this season not the season before and so on. If he plays for anyone else other than city he'd get away with it of course. The Chelsea incident was harsh in the extreme but the Burnley one was silly.

Read my post, I said this season not the season before and so on. If he plays for anyone else other than city he'd get away with it of course. The Chelsea incident was harsh in the extreme but the Burnley one was silly.

So one justified mistimed red and he's a concern. He's a highly experienced 30 doc year old, I'm sure he'll adapt.

So one justified mistimed red and he's a concern. He's a highly experienced 30 doc year old, I'm sure he'll adapt.

I've seen a few incidents of him and he does lunge in and can be reckless. Not to say he doesn't do a brilliant job in his role.

Dinho is amongst the worlds top midfielders,he will remain in that bracket for at least another two seasons,hence the proposed contract extension.....subsequently,and thankfully,he wont be going anywhere.

Burnley was unfortunate. Deserved a red but could've happened to anyone.
BMG was a joke of a red card.
Chelsea... stupid move by him but Fabregas practically threw himself over that board.

He certainly hasn't earned the label of ill-disciplined.

A rejuvenated Yaya in his role before the defence makes it very interesting to see if Fernandinho can reclaim his spot. Obviously there is the rotation, but the later used to be one of the first on the teamsheet in the big matches. Than again, competition is only a good thing. And there will be games ahead where both Yaya and Fernandinho play together. Not many though ...
As for next season it depends if Yaya will still be around.

A rejuvenated Yaya in his role before the defence makes it very interesting to see if Fernandinho can reclaim his spot. Obviously there is the rotation, but the later used to be one of the first on the teamsheet in the big matches. Than again, competition is only a good thing. And there will be games ahead where both Yaya and Fernandinho play together. Not many though ...
As for next season it depends if Yaya will still be around.

At stages tonight we were quite clearLy playing the inverted fullbacks. Fernandinho is perfect for the right side.

I think we could see Fernandinho and Delph as fullbacks Sunday.

Nice little cameo actually from him, and there was a passage of play at the end where we intentionally invited West Ham's pressure with short passes out from the back, only to end up with his long accurate ball to Sane (or was it Silva), who was totally free as was almost their entire half (we created something like a 4v4 in a large space due to everyone being in our own zone). I reckon he could take Yaya's role against Swansea now that he gained a little bit of match fitness. Anyway, great to have him back.

At stages tonight we were quite clearLy playing the inverted fullbacks. Fernandinho is perfect for the right side.

I think we could see Fernandinho and Delph as fullbacks Sunday.
Yes.

This. Even though I wasn't particularly happy with Delphs decision making when he came on. It seems he is a much better instincts player than he is a decision maker :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.