Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a warrior and I wish we had more players with his fight.

i think that's harsh, you cant have XI 'warriors' otherwise you sacrifice class for passion, very different things. And i also think it's harsh cos this is the hardest i've seen a city team work for years

Awful? Not sure if serious. Granted midfield is his best position but awful? Not his best game but some of his passing was sublime, always looking for a forward pass and drove us forward at every opportunity, contrast with Clichy and Kolarov.

Think you're are being a tad harsh. Made a couple of errors with his touch during overlapping runs, but defensively sound and looked comfortable switching into the false fullback role.

Think you're are being a tad harsh. Made a couple of errors with his touch during overlapping runs, but defensively sound and looked comfortable switching into the false fullback role.
Yes his defending was fine but his crossing was as bad as our corners! Not really suited to a wing-back type of role.

Had a great first 15 minutes, moving the ball quickly & putting some great cross field switch of plays. But then started to look a bit lost, wasn't on the same wave length as De Bruyne/Sterling down the right.

Can certainly do the job there & helped move the ball quicker than Sagna does which helped us in the first half, but don't see him as the answer to the full back position. New fullbacks all around in the summer no doubt.

The full back positions were our weakest positions today, as they are most games. Fernandinho was certainly trying to be more progressive than Sagna ever is, however he gave the ball away countless times. Sagna rarely gives the ball away but that's because he hardly ever passes forwards. Neither situation is great.

Like to see him have another go there, especially with Yaya being in good form. But, not his best game today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.