Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he could be but it's dependent on the quality of CM's we have. Let's say this summer we splash some cash on Weigl and Dahoud, it could allow us to slow Dinho in at RB, particularly if we continue using the inverted fullback system.
This is what I think we are going to do. Dihno will be moved to challenge whoever comes in at RB and well reinforce at CM.

Put him anywhere and he will do a job.

Get that man an extension
Our man for all seasons.

That 30m is amongst the very best we have spent IMO,brilliant in performance and attitude,he's hugely influential and,while not an issue for a while yet......he's a player we will struggle to replace.

We need to make sure he's here next year. Bizarre red cards aside he's been and continues to be an excellent player. He looks very full of energy and
is rarely injured so could play well into his 30s.

We need to make sure he's here next year. Bizarre red cards aside he's been and continues to be an excellent player. He looks very full of energy and
is rarely injured so could play well into his 30s.

His contract ends in 2018, he's definitely going to be here next season.

I wouldn't mind shoehorning him in at LB because I would expect him to be better there than Clichy and Kolarov.

However Sagna and Zabaleta have both had decent seasons (excellent from both at times) and I think both would've been better yesterday.

Too many attacks were halted by his mistakes and poor crosses yesterday. However he should get another chance because if Valencia and Rose can become top fullbacks than Fernandinho definitely can.

Did I... did I get something right?

So far he's had the benefit of the surprise factor. From now on if he plays fullback, particularly left back, he will be targeted. Its an accident waiting to happen.

So far he's had the benefit of the surprise factor. From now on if he plays fullback, particularly left back, he will be targeted. Its an accident waiting to happen.

Given his body of work, evidence suggests he will rise to the challenge an excel in his now role.
I wouldn't bet against him becoming a top inverted Left back or right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.