Fernandinho (continued)

ianw16 said:
Sod Barcelona and sod Chelsea in the cup; the Premier League is priority as far as I'm concerned. That is our biggest chance of a major honour. And we should be winning it with our squad. Anything else is a bonus. It's not as if we've got a shed load of them under our belts. to the extent that we can take a year off to concentrate on CL.
Chelsea and Liverpool (if they qualify for CL) will be much stronger next season. PL and a League Cup will do very nicely thank you.

Chance to shut The Portuguese MegaGob for all of half a minute, and if Pellers has learned anything about last night, CFC won't relish the idea of coming for second helpings!! Last night was just a matter of points. Win a cup tie and yer banjax yer opponents for another season!

sam-caddick said:
littlemarkyc said:
Telegraph saying out for a month...shit the bed!

Seriously, wow.

No Sergio and Nasri as well, Barcelona WILL be a battering if we don't sort our midfield and defence before then.

Milner in please.

sam-caddick said:
littlemarkyc said:

Seriously, wow.

No Sergio and Nasri as well, Barcelona could be a battering if we don't sort our midfield and defence before then.

Milner in please.
You must have known that speculation surely? Or do you just want to rub it in?

MP will not tell any one the truth. He likes to keep everything under wraps.
I think Sergio back for Barca, Ferno? Watch this space.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
ianw16 said:
Sod Barcelona and sod Chelsea in the cup; the Premier League is priority as far as I'm concerned. That is our biggest chance of a major honour. And we should be winning it with our squad. Anything else is a bonus. It's not as if we've got a shed load of them under our belts. to the extent that we can take a year off to concentrate on CL.
Chelsea and Liverpool (if they qualify for CL) will be much stronger next season. PL and a League Cup will do very nicely thank you.

Chance to shut The Portuguese MegaGob for all of half a minute, and if Pellers has learned anything about last night, CFC won't relish the idea of coming for second helpings!! Last night was just a matter of points. Win a cup tie and yer banjax yer opponents for another season!

To be honest, after last night, the Chelsea players are probably thinking "bring it on" and ours are thinking "oh shit".

Chippy_boy said:
ianw16 said:

To be honest, after last night, the Chelsea players are probably thinking "bring it on" and ours are thinking "oh shit".
The fear factor for Chelsea will have gone

But I think City can play a lot lot better even with the injuries. There was a huge difference between our first 25 minutes and the rest of the game. Was that because Yaya blew himself out, or CFC just realised we weren't as good as they thought? Or did City just panic. I think a bit of all 3.

Marvin said:
Chippy_boy said:

The fear factor for Chelsea will have gone

But I think City can play a lot lot better even with the injuries. There was a huge difference between our first 25 minutes and the rest of the game. Was that because Yaya blew himself out, or CFC just realised we weren't as good as they thought? Or did City just panic. I think a bit of all 3.

It would help us a great deal if our forwards would put a shift in, even though we have scored a ton+ this season!

ianw16 said:
lasereyes said:
That's all fine, but we can't pick and choose what we win. Just cos we knock ourselves out of the Cups, there's no guarantee we win the League. In fact as others have pointed out, we are prob not favourites any more given our run-in is prob harder than anyone else's. You have to call each match as you see it and rotate the players sensibly to ensure adequate rest, but I want us to be competitive in all competitions. Particularly the CL since it will affect our seeding next year and beyond, but also the FA Cup as it's a great chance to get some revenge.

Agreed, but if it came down to a hypothetical situation of Aguero or Fernandinho being on the brink of being fit for Barca, and should we risk them, or give them a few more days for the following PL game, I'd go with the latter.

Yes agree - but frankly what this season has taught us (think Kompany, Aguero) is it never pays to rush anyone back for any game. Sort of equiv to penny wise and pound foolish.

God, I hope the Telegraph is wrong.<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:40 pm --<br /><br />
sam-caddick said:
littlemarkyc said:

Seriously, wow.

No Sergio and Nasri as well, Barcelona could be a battering if we don't sort our midfield and defence before then.

Milner in please.

Physio Room has Nasri back for Feb 18. Whether he will be match fit is a different matter, but he might at least make the bench which could be important.

Just get all 3 fit for cup final and barca away and hopefully pellars will tighten up the middle and play a 3 until we get our full squad back I, d play a midfield 3 of garcia or demichellis holding with silvs and yaya in front of him and a front 3 of jovetic negredo and navas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.