Fernandinho (continued)

Without Fernandinho and Agüero, I fear for us in that week when we have Chelsea in the cup on the Saturday and Barcelona on the Tuesday, even Sunderland on the Wednesday leading up to those two cup games.

We could be out of two cup competitions in the space of 4 days with our injuries, against Barcelona I don't think we stand a chance without Agüero or Fernandinho!

Sod Barcelona and sod Chelsea in the cup; the Premier League is priority as far as I'm concerned. That is our biggest chance of a major honour. And we should be winning it with our squad. Anything else is a bonus. It's not as if we've got a shed load of them under our belts. to the extent that we can take a year off to concentrate on CL.
Chelsea and Liverpool (if they qualify for CL) will be much stronger next season. PL and a League Cup will do very nicely thank you.

ianw16 said:
Sod Barcelona and sod Chelsea in the cup; the Premier League is priority as far as I'm concerned. That is our biggest chance of a major honour. And we should be winning it with our squad. Anything else is a bonus. It's not as if we've got a shed load of them under our belts. to the extent that we can take a year off to concentrate on CL.
Chelsea and Liverpool (if they qualify for CL) will be much stronger next season. PL and a League Cup will do very nicely thank you.

I agree.....if you offered me PL and league cup I would rip your hand off......and I would have before a ball was kicked in August.

That's all fine, but we can't pick and choose what we win. Just cos we knock ourselves out of the Cups, there's no guarantee we win the League. In fact as others have pointed out, we are prob not favourites any more given our run-in is prob harder than anyone else's. You have to call each match as you see it and rotate the players sensibly to ensure adequate rest, but I want us to be competitive in all competitions. Particularly the CL since it will affect our seeding next year and beyond, but also the FA Cup as it's a great chance to get some revenge.

lasereyes said:
That's all fine, but we can't pick and choose what we win. Just cos we knock ourselves out of the Cups, there's no guarantee we win the League. In fact as others have pointed out, we are prob not favourites any more given our run-in is prob harder than anyone else's. You have to call each match as you see it and rotate the players sensibly to ensure adequate rest, but I want us to be competitive in all competitions. Particularly the CL since it will affect our seeding next year and beyond, but also the FA Cup as it's a great chance to get some revenge.

Agreed, but if it came down to a hypothetical situation of Aguero or Fernandinho being on the brink of being fit for Barca, and should we risk them, or give them a few more days for the following PL game, I'd go with the latter.

sam-caddick said:
Without Fernandinho and Agüero, I fear for us in that week when we have Chelsea in the cup on the Saturday and Barcelona on the Tuesday, even Sunderland on the Wednesday leading up to those two cup games.

We could be out of two cup competitions in the space of 4 days with our injuries, against Barcelona I don't think we stand a chance without Agüero or Fernandinho!

Are you ever positive.

The answer can be no Sam.

our most important player, we need a plan B for when he needs a rest or is injured.

massive player for us, hopefully it wont keep him out for long

littlemarkyc said:
Telegraph saying out for a month...shit the bed!

Seriously, wow.

No Sergio and Nasri as well, Barcelona could be a battering if we don't sort our midfield and defence before then.

Milner in please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.