Fernandinho (continued)

markbmcfc said:
His first few games I think he was a bit lost in what role to play. He was overrun by Hull at home.

Since then he's been World Class.

I agree with this. I think the pace of the English game surprised him at first, but once he got the tempo he has been superb.

Was incredible last night.

World

Fucking

Class.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:34 pm --<br /><br />
malg said:
SWP's back said:
malg said:
He's not been world class all season.
Yes he fucking has.
No he fucking hasn't.......oh yes he has......oh no he hasn't.

People once again getting carried away. He's fucking brilliant, and worth every penny we paid for him, but to say he's been world class all season is blatant nonsense.

You're the only one talking blatant nonsense.

Stoned Rose said:

World

Fucking

Class.

-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:34 pm --

malg said:
SWP's back said:
Yes he fucking has.

People once again getting carried away. He's fucking brilliant, and worth every penny we paid for him, but to say he's been world class all season is blatant nonsense.

What does "world class" mean? I've always found that a rather vague, subjective term. Best in the world? Would make an Earth XI? Top 5 in the world? Top 10?
I'm not sure it really matters. Arguing whether or not he is "world class" is a bit of a moot point. He is a very good player who does his job in this team very well. Are there better players in his position. Yes, probably. Do we need to go out and get someone better than him in that position? No. Simples.

Stoned Rose said:

World

Fucking

Class.

malg said:
SWP's back said:
Yes he fucking has.

Get over yourself. As I said, he hasn't been 'WORLD CLASS' all season. Blue tinted specs all round I guess.

malg said:
Stoned Rose said:

World

Fucking

Class.

malg said:

Get over yourself. As I said, he hasn't been 'WORLD CLASS' all season. Blue tinted specs all round I guess.

Ok so he's 'fucking brilliant' but not 'world class'?

Define world class whilst I get my popcorn then.

Stoned Rose said:

I'd say world class would be being the best in the world at what you do? However, the words are bandied around that much nowadays that I suppose there would be other definitions. As I've already stated, anyone who says he has been world class all season is talking shite. Probably pendatic, buy hey, that's my choice!

malg said:
Stoned Rose said:

I'd say world class would be being the best in the world at what you do? However, the words are bandied around that much nowadays that I suppose there would be other definitions. As I've already stated, anyone who says he has been
world class all season is talking shite. Probably pendatic, buy hey, that's my choice!

No world class means being one of the best in the world. Big difference.

I think your "all season" comment misses the point. Every player needs to integrate into a team and learn the system. Expecting him to win matches from day 1 is simply not realistic. From around the Arsenal game onwards, Fernandinho has been absolutely world class. And Scolari finally seems to agree.

I really wish we could have a another one. Though to be honest I could request that of many members of our squad. I want two Silva's, two Kompany's, two Aguero's and four Zabaleta's.

adrianr said:
I really wish we could have a another one. Though to be honest I could request that of many members of our squad. I want two Silva's, two Kompany's, two Aguero's and four Zabaleta's

Ha, I know what you mean. He's such a true blue through and through. You feel like he would die for the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.