Fernandinho (continued)

Re: Fernandinho

Another brilliant performance, he makes so many great tackles and interceptions that allow us to quickly counter which has been one of the main reasons behind our potent attack this season, breaking so quick they can't get back in numbers.

As others have said he is potentially our most important player this season as he is key to the way Pelle wants us to play.

I really fear him getting an injury as we have nobody who can replace the job he does (Maybe only Milner has the tenacity he has). The "Mancini" style of big strong midfielder but not particularly mobile (Rodwell, Garcia, Barry) does not fit so well with our new high pressing style and I think it is important we sign another player who can deputise for Fernandinho. We already know how Yaya struggles to do the defensive work and without Fernandinho next to him I don't think we would be able to play two up top as we have done much of the season.

I believe next summer we have already made a deal to sign Zuculini (spelling?) who is said to be in a similar mould but still a little raw but has good potential. I think we will look to move Garcia on. I am unsure about Rodwell as he seems to be permanently injured so hard to say how he fits in to our plans, he isn't technical enough to replace Yaya's position and I can't say he has impressed me enough with his defensive play to do the same job as Fernandinho but maybe he can prove me wrong.

was great to see him getting a standing ovation for his tackle on suarez on the halfway line to stop a 2-1 break (after we were pressing)

regista said:
Is Scolari on drugs or what ??

Possibly. I don't know what's up with him. He seems to have favorites. They have no CF yet he refused to give Costa any game time despite being one of the hottest strikers in Europe. So much so Costa decided to play for Spain because he new he wouldn't get a chance with him as manager. Leo Baptistao is another one not getting a look who also plays for Atletico Madrid. Maybe it's the club?

Because Dinho played in Ukraine he was automatically on the out. The question is did he come in time to change the manager's mind? If he had come last season no doubt he'd be in the first 11.

Can he share some of his Brazilian drink with Javi Garcia? Might just do wonders for our midfield.

What a match today. MotM again and my player of the Month by a clear margin. Playing with another DM allowed him to go up and have some fun with Silva too. This guy is a gem and our title chances rest entirely on him staying injury-free. Our most important player along with Vinny these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.