Fernandinho needs to go back into midfield

Losing Laporte was shit play by Zinchenko and shit effort and athleticism from Rodri. Laporte had to burst off the mark in a 30:70 to try and make up for their fucking shitness.

I’m still fuming at the pair of them more than any goal conceded or shit ref/VAR decision from this season. That was the most infuriating moment of the season seeing those two play like a pair of pissed up blokes out of the pub and one of our best players is out for so long.

Thank you for reminding me of this.

Laporte is only out because Rodri failed to deal with it leaving Laporte high and dry. This has been a recurring theme all season.

Rodri is toilet.

Positionally he's completely all over the place, he's one paced and weak, get routinely beaten in the challenge and has opposition players strolling past him at will all the time. Was getting nutmegged and turned for fun yesterday and it's embarrassing to watch.

In possession he varies from so-so to poor, we have a better footballer at centre half in Laporte.

He has a good strike on him, knows how to get his laces through it but that's about it. Not fit to take over Fernandinho's mantle.

This is a key position and he's not good enough.
FFS he is 23 and has been in this country 5 mins

Dinho will return to midfield when Laporte returns from injury , my first eleven when Laporte is back would be , Ederson , Walker , Stones , Laporte , Zinchenko ++ KDB , Rodri , Dinho , Sterling ++ Jesus , Aguero , plenty of pace and attacking intent , as Big Mal once said , we will terrorise europe.

All hypothetical, really, as it ain’t happening.
To my eyes, the main problem we have at the moment is the re-emergence of the ‘late-Pellegrini-era-gap’ between defence and midfield, which is caused primarily by our defenders being unwilling or unable, or both, to hold a proper, aggressive high defensive line. Did do it midweek, and lo and behold Rodri looked a world beater. Failed, miserably, to do it yesterday, and Rodri looked in the first half like a hopelessly exposed plodder, isolated in a vast ocean of space.
Moving Fernandinho might make a bit of a difference, purely because of his greater mobility and ability to cover ground. But I don’t reckon it would do much to solve the real problem.

Rodri is toilet.

Positionally he's completely all over the place, he's one paced and weak, get routinely beaten in the challenge and has opposition players strolling past him at will all the time. Was getting nutmegged and turned for fun yesterday and it's embarrassing to watch.

In possession he varies from so-so to poor, we have a better footballer at centre half in Laporte.

He has a good strike on him, knows how to get his laces through it but that's about it. Not fit to take over Fernandinho's mantle.

This is a key position and he's not good enough.

Totally disagree , when Laporte is fit a midfield of KDB , Rodri and Dinho will tear teams to pieces , Rodri is not a Dinho replacement but he would be excellent alongside KDB and DInho , Rodri has been here a few months and is still adjusting to this league , i will judge Rodri at the end of the season and see how many medals he has round his neck.

Lol its like Fernandinho has to go back to the time when he was 27 years old and play next 5-6 years on the level he did since then.

Rodri is here, like it or not, we scouted and spent big on him to replace Ferna. He is very different in style to him as thats the style of players Pep/Txiki indentified we will need.

I think people are mistakenly blaming the problems caused by David Silva not pressing at all and not able to run on Rodri.

That's what is allowing teams to walk through the midfield and half the time people complain about Rodri being out of position it's because hes had to fill a hole left by David up the pitch.

I also dont know why people are mourning Fernandinho? Hes playing well at CB, hes not being sold short or getting humiliated in an unfamiliar position.

In the last 3 or weeks hes been really good at CB, I'm pretty sure he will be Laportes partner when he returns.

Dinho will return to midfield when Laporte returns from injury , my first eleven when Laporte is back would be , Ederson , Walker , Stones , Laporte , Zinchenko ++ KDB , Rodri , Dinho , Sterling ++ Jesus , Aguero , plenty of pace and attacking intent , as Big Mal once said , we will terrorise europe.

Pep has already said definitively that Fernandinho isnt going back to midfield when Laporte is back.

Pep says he is never going back unless gundy and rodders are injured

Lot of people on here saying we should stick with Ferny at the back, the assumption being that he has been a stand out whilst there. Well, he hasn't. He's been the best of a bad bunch and that isn't saying much. Look at the procession of poor results and defensive performances since he slotted in there, dreadful at Anfield, at home to Wolves, his foolish foul that cost us the 2nd goal at Newcastle, Saturday''s derby...we've been poor with him as a CB, let's not kid ourselves.
In my view we should have been playing Stones and Ota there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.