Fernandinho needs to go back into midfield

We are ok blues. Iv made my little one write to santa saying she wants fern back in midfield for Xmas.

Rodri has been at fault for goals numerous times due to lack of pace or lack or quick thinking. And whether he plays with David Silva or Gundogan or both, he’s one of the reasons our defence is so easy to get at because when they attack spaces in midfield they are all far too slow to get back.
I could not disagree more.

Rodri is one bright point of what is fast becoming a terrible season.

Pep likes to play slow players in a fast league anyone but him can see this is one of the major problems this season. Painful to watch our build up these days

I could not disagree more.

Rodri is one bright point of what is fast becoming a terrible season.
It’s not my opinion, these are things that have happened.

Have a look at his lack of pace, lack of mobility, lack of effort or lack of quick thought for the following incidents:
Lamella’s goal
Laporte’s injury
Norwich goal from the corner
One of the Wolves goals
Lack of awareness for Fabinho’s goal (certainly wasn’t on his own for that one though)
Lack of mobility and easily turned in the build-up to Newcastle’s free kick that they scored their second from
Then, like the Fabinho goal, too slow to close Shelvey down
United’s second goal yesterday

He’s only been here a few months and he’s been at fault for numerous goals or incidents and in general he’s part of the lack of pace problem in midfield where teams can just kick it into space and bypass him or he’s turned inside-out with ease.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering age, 1st in English football and playing in a team that is struggling, he has been outstanding.

A rolls royce of a player.
Getting goal side is basics, kids are taught that at school. This 'rolls royce' isn't a patch on fern

Difference with Rodri is he is better creating but no where near as good as Fernandinho defensively.

To quantify this how many times a game does he commit a tactual foul to stop the opposition breaking on our defence? Fernandinho used to commit dozens every game

Rodri is too nice and needs to beast up a little from a defensive point of view!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.