Fernandinho needs to go back into midfield

I thought he had an interesting game. In the first half he was very strong but I'd say that he was a bit outdone by most of the other players. I think that's largely due to us having a lot of possession and he's not quite as slick as the others. In the second once the game became a bit scrappy though he was our most important outfielder. Played like a captain.

That level of hustle could be vital.

This forum would be pretty quiet if we enacted that policy around here with player discussion.

Probably but I've got no time for anyone who writes off a club legend on the back of 1 game.

We seen it with Fernandinho after the Southampton game, and every time Aguero comes back from injury over the past 5 years.

It would be no loss to the forum because you'd have to be utterly clueless to think that any player is gonna hit the ground running 1 game back from injury or playing in a position he's not played in for 12 months.

Although I think it's more the combination of cluelessness and the lack of loyalty that pisses me off.

Last edited:
Yeah, he played well enough tonite overall , as did Ake ..... although we fell asleep at the back in the opening 15 minutes of that second half and Wolves could easily have scored twice at least ....

Probably but I've got no time for anyone who writes off a club legend on the back of 1 game.

We seen it with Fernandinho after the Southampton game, and every time Aguero comes back from injury over the past 5 years.

It would be no loss to the forum because you'd have to be utterly clueless to think that any player is gonna hit the ground running 1 game back from injury or playing in a position he's not played in for 12 months.

Although I think it's more the combination of cluelessness and the lack of loyalty that pisses me off.

That's basically it, IMO. Cherry picking the one game he played in, with no training in the position for 12 months, and using that to validate Pep not picking him there. This, with a legend of this club, the heart beat of our side since the day he joined.

I'm happy to wait a bit more to see if he's still got 'it' there, but I have little to no doubt that he does. I'm not necessarily saying he can and should play there every 3 days right throughout the season like he could've before - THAT'S when the age factor kicks in and you have to nurse the guy a bit. However, he absolutely should've been playing there all last season - we made a huge mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.