Fernandinho signs one year contract extension (Pg 91)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was mainly the Fernandinho at CB experiment and our shaky CB pairings with Laporte injured. He's barely put a foot wrong this season and while not as good as his peak, he's still a very good and valuable player.
Fair enough. Personally I wont re- Sign him or Aguero. I'd look to the future.

It's a great season to wish fair well to the last frim Pelegrini title winning team: Aguero and Dihno are the 2left.

His regular starting days are coming to an end sadly but he could do a Fat Frank or Pat Vera job, off the bench to close games down for a season or so.

Think the club will leave it down to Ferna, he’ll no doubt want some security (2yr contract) so a two year player/coaching role on reduced terms sounds about right, I think the club’s approach to players towards the end of their career (with us) is absolutely spot on for our business model & exudes class. FWIW I think him & Vinnie are the two most likely to succeed in coaching that we’ve seen leave the club in the last ten years (that would be the dream team!) who may go into management & that definitely includes Yaya! A club legend who speaks Portuguese, he emanates calmness & class and has tonnes of playing experience & is respected by all, he has all the hallmarks of being a great coach

Finances will surely play a part here? We need to buy a new LB and probably a striker. These 2 positions alone could cost us £100m+. Can we afford to also drop X amount on another CDM? Rodri cant play 60 games a season, so even if he remains 1st choice (I still prefer Fern but hey ho), we need someone there who can play 15-20 games, to give him a rest. For me that person is Fern. Give him a new 1 year deal and concentrate on the more pressing issues at LB and up front.

If it suits all parties then yes 100%. Obviously a reduced role and in a perfect world would pass on his know how to his future replacement. Pound for pound one of our best pieces of business ever

Definitely one more year. He is performing v well at the min and even if his legs go next year he is worth his wages for his experience and leadership qualities in the dressing room.

Sometimes you have to let the old go so the young can grow.

Every season we will get a lesser Dihno than the last. Personally, I'd have said join the coaching staff. But it seems he wants to play a little while longer. There is nothing wrong with letting an old great go have a few good years somewhere else.

I'd be for moving both Aguero and Dihno on. Even if they aren't showing major deterioration yet.

Time to let the young grow.

I think a lot of people want to keep Aguero on and still sign Haaland. You can't have your cake and eat it.

I am of the opinion of give Fernandinho another year unless we are signing a midfielder or Pep seriously promoted Doyle to that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.