Fernandinho signs one year contract extension (Pg 91)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still has a role to play so I hope he stays on in some capacity at the club. City would be daft to let a player who is this consistent go no matter how old he is. Realistically his wages are irrelevant to City so keep him i say.

I think his legs have gone a bit , can’t cover as much ground as he used too .
Still quality though due to his intelligence and positioning.
Great tackler and reader of the game , to play at this level at 36 is amazing .
I love the guy .
Yes of course he's slowed down mate, but it's not his legs, it's his whole body, it's what happens, first sign being that explosiveness, that 'snap', some people do lose it very quickly (rat boy for one against WBA I think it was)

Luckily, Fern is an outstanding athlete and gifted genetically so the decline will be much slower than most, and tbf, he could play and earn decent money for another 5-6 years, but it's down to him how much he wants to 'slog his body' the older he gets, other than that agree with everything you say ;-).

Although he gave it away a couple of times last night overall he showed his worth to this side. I believe he should probably be signed up for another season. When called upon his has been excellent, he has also helped bring Rodri along as a player and is a big personality in the changing room.

I'm still not convinced we should be extending him, feel the money can be better spent elsewhere and potentially bring more minutes to a younger player. He's going to be 37 and best is well behind him.

If we do extend him, it should definetly have a lot of caveats and appearance bonuses as I would be concerned if he was playing lots of minutes.

I'm still not convinced we should be extending him, feel the money can be better spent elsewhere and potentially bring more minutes to a younger player. He's going to be 37 and best is well behind him.

If we do extend him, it should definetly have a lot of caveats and appearance bonuses as I would be concerned if he was playing lots of minutes.

Do we have anyone who’s minutes he’d be taking ?? Lavia is a bit young yet.

I think it’s a no brainer to give him another year. Don’t see who we could sign that would have the same level of impact on & off the pitch and still be happy with a relatively low amount of minutes.

Ferna was so smart yesterday! He knew how to foul without getting a yellow card. Then he managed to get Di Maria sent off and eventually killed the game for PSG!

The first half he was just assessing and testing the ref as well as the understanding how PSG played. The second half he was everywhere!!! The could get him off their back! Fouling smartly and slowly the pace of the game for PSG!!! A True warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.