Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueCityfan said:
I would keep Barry as a squad player too. Helps with the english quota aswell. I would sell Garcia, hopefully it's possible. And not just because he is slow...but because he doesn't even make up for it with technical or passing skills. He is average at both.
If we could sell him we would probably have room for Kondogbia aswell. Since Barry is ageing and Rodwell is so injury prone.

This is where we got it wrong last season. We shouldn't just have bought squad players as quite a lot on here, (and also on other forums) kept suggesting. We now need replacements for our older first eleven, such as Fernandinho for Barry, but we also need a younger player or two as back-up/replacement for Yaya.

Kondogbia would be a good shout, and getting him in now would mean he could learn from those around him. No more standing still, every tranfer window should be used as an opportunity to improve the fist eleven, the squad or even the academy.

But each player we bring in should have potential to improve. If we brought in Cavani or Falcao, then Lewandowski if he's available should be a target. He has only been playing at the top for a couple of seasons but at his age, he is still improving and could be better than either of the other two players mentioned. If a player such as Lewandowski isn't available or we couldn't afford him, then we should be looking at the next playing emerging in this role and buy them for less money.

Matt.D said:
Barry will be a decent squad player and will continue to contribute in premier league games. As some have mentioned the lad is simply not good enough to play in the champions league and anyone who thinks otherwise is truly deluded but he's been a great player for us so would definitely give him a new contract.

Back on topic, don't know anything about Fernandinho other than what I've seen on youtube. Certainly looks like hes got the legs I just hope he's got the defensive discipline to sit in and protect the back 4 for the times when Yaya is being lazy and walking back.

If you look at Dortmund last night & especially Bayern tonight. The centre mid job Martinez did tonight, Barry can do, or Rodwell or even Garcia. Martinez has no pace & is not a super fit box to box player, he operates in his own area as part of a TEAM & hardly has to break sweat because he has 3 or 4 team mates around him pretty much all the time. When he gets isolated he he struggles badly but in this system it rarely happens. Barry can do that easily but our TEAM can't.

The players who would have lost the game for Bayern tonight are Yaya, Silva, Aguero etc who will not form into shape with the speed Bayern do, so Barry, Garcia etc would become isolated & be taken apart, just like Martinez would if Bayern's players didn't get into shape quickly enough.

I'll be delighted to sign this guy & he does look more mobile than Barry & if we can find two super athletes who can cover the job of 3 or 4 Bayern players then we can play as we have been doing, but otherwise, we can't have Yaya + 1 against teams with that kind of midfield, even if that 1 is Colin Bell. We will have to change & in a fully packed, organised midfield, Barry is one of the best at that job, anywhere.

Jimfv1 said:
This is where we got it wrong last season. We shouldn't just have bought squad players as quite a lot on here, (and also on other forums) kept suggesting.

What, you mean we shouldn't buy Le Fondre/Kebe/Weimann/Lambert/other mediocre players who can "do a job"? :)

Completely agree, the focus should always primarily be on immediate improvement or huge potential, never on 'someone who can do a job'.

Just look at Bayern. Kings of Europe almost and signing Gotze. You never stand still, you're never satisfied at the top.

Barry isn't the man for all seasons but arguably in our biggest week of the season (Swamp derby and FA Cup semi) he was outstanding. MOTM contender in both games. He definitely has a role at the club next season. His resale value will be low, doesn't make sense to get rid.

Hopefully this lad can settle quicker than a player he shares many characteristics with Ramires who took 3/4 of a season to adapt at Chelsea.

LoveCity said:
Jimfv1 said:
This is where we got it wrong last season. We shouldn't just have bought squad players as quite a lot on here, (and also on other forums) kept suggesting.

What, you mean we shouldn't buy Le Fondre/Kebe/Weimann/Lambert/other mediocre players who can "do a job"? :)

Completely agree, the focus should always primarily be on immediate improvement or huge potential, never on 'someone who can do a job'.

Just look at Bayern. Kings of Europe almost and signing Gotze. You never stand still, you're never satisfied at the top.

A good point well made. However, put your money on Dortmund in the final.

masterwig said:
Barry isn't the man for all seasons but arguably in our biggest week of the season (Swamp derby and FA Cup semi) he was outstanding. MOTM contender in both games. He definitely has a role at the club next season. His resale value will be low, doesn't make sense to get rid.

Hopefully this lad can settle quicker than a player he shares many characteristics with Ramires who took 3/4 of a season to adapt at Chelsea.

I think a bit more pace & athleticism in all areas of the team is a very welcome option. Doesn't mean we have to sack everybody.

Neville Kneville said:
Matt.D said:
Barry will be a decent squad player and will continue to contribute in premier league games. As some have mentioned the lad is simply not good enough to play in the champions league and anyone who thinks otherwise is truly deluded but he's been a great player for us so would definitely give him a new contract.

Back on topic, don't know anything about Fernandinho other than what I've seen on youtube. Certainly looks like hes got the legs I just hope he's got the defensive discipline to sit in and protect the back 4 for the times when Yaya is being lazy and walking back.

If you look at Dortmund last night & especially Bayern tonight. The centre mid job Martinez did tonight, Barry can do, or Rodwell or even Garcia. Martinez has no pace & is not a super fit box to box player, he operates in his own area as part of a TEAM & hardly has to break sweat because he has 3 or 4 team mates around him pretty much all the time. When he gets isolated he he struggles badly but in this system it rarely happens. Barry can do that easily but our TEAM can't.

The players who would have lost the game for Bayern tonight are Yaya, Silva, Aguero etc who will not form into shape with the speed Bayern do, so Barry, Garcia etc would become isolated & be taken apart, just like Martinez would if Bayern's players didn't get into shape quickly enough.

I'll be delighted to sign this guy & he does look more mobile than Barry & if we can find two super athletes who can cover the job of 3 or 4 Bayern players then we can play as we have been doing, but otherwise, we can't have Yaya + 1 against teams with that kind of midfield, even if that 1 is Colin Bell. We will have to change & in a fully packed, organised midfield, Barry is one of the best at that job, anywhere.

Very good post. Barry was left to his own devices a lot of the time because Yaya and the more attacking players were ineffective defensively. I cannot think of a midfielder who would enhance his reputation playing alongside Yaya in a midfield two in the CL, with limited support from the more attacking players. He was hung out to dry in some games.

Manc in London said:
Neville Kneville said:
Matt.D said:

Very good post. Barry was left to his own devices a lot of the time because Yaya and the more attacking players were ineffective defensively. I cannot think of a midfielder who would enhance his reputation playing alongside Yaya in a midfield two in the CL, with limited support from the more attacking players. He was hung out to dry in some games.

Sometimes we seemed to be trying to play a half arsed version of Barca's pressing game but we played it like Barca did tonight, rather than like Barca used to, because our attacking players plus Yaya, don't work hard enough, for long enough.

irishben said:
6tpg3eG.jpg
What the fook is that

The Daily Star continues to embarrass itself... people go on about Ogden but no one tops Jeremy Cross for anti-City stuff!

oxulNQd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.