Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
city91 said:
Sorry guys but I though Fernandinho had a poor game today. A lot of his passes were too under-hit or played behind the player and at times Delph made him look average. .

Had one of his better passing performances so far actually. 90% of 62 passes completed, he usually averages in the 80%s. Fernandinho and Yaya trampled all over Villa for most of the game and that is one of the big reasons we had 67% possession... unfortunately we couldn't score more than 2 goals from 21 chances, which is a bit farcical really but nothing new.

I didn't expect his stats to be that high TBH. I just think at times he had the vision to pick out the right pass which would have set up a quick attack but passed it behind the player so the move didn't materialise. One thing I will say though is that we are starting to dominate midfields whilst playing with 2 in midfield and that makes the defensive work Fernandinho does a lot more impressive considering he is playing with Yaya.

mammutly said:
Most of the time he picks the easy pass, which he does neatly but it achieves very little. In that respect he is similar to Garcia

He's not a playmaker, for a central midfielder he is pretty creative considering he was never advertised as a deep-lying playmaker like Pirlo is. Did you see his assist for Dzeko against Wigan? Would Barry or De Jong have been able to do that?

You're pretty determined not to like him much...

iMRPQdwpqzfOc.gif

mammutly said:
Most of the time he picks the easy pass, which he does neatly but it achieves very little. In that respect he is similar to Garcia

In the same way Cleverly is similar to Ozil.

mammutly said:

the job of the holding midfielder is to not do much on-the ball. most of fernandinho's work is off-the ball. you cannot appreciate his work if you know nothing about the defensive side of football.

IIRC he had another one of those brilliant quick intercept passes he made against the Rags.

His speed and decisiveness in transition is fantastic. Naturally though a lot of the work he does is going to go unnoticed & unappreciated.

You can see why they payed what they do for him. Class and intelligence in deep lying positions is hard to come by and in high demand these days. Also his complementary effect on Yaya's game makes his value two-fold.

He's a bargain compared to Fellaini, that's for sure.

mammutly said:
I think you are doing a great dis service to Garcia there. He is way better than that. Iniesta called him the best player he has ever played with. What's puny Fernandinho in front of him.

mammutly said:

I'm assuming you're pissed, an idiot or trying to get some attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.