Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzekolol said:
One of the most exciting signing in recent transfer.

Can't wait.

Still waiting! Long way off convincing me from what have seen up to now! Starting to doubt even though still early days. Fingers crossed the 30mil price tag is justified.

Blue2112 said:
grim up north said:
Blue2112 said:
To be fair I did say age apart as it became obvious Barry was slowing up and I did say the Barry from two seasons ago. I suppose the point I was trying to make was that that Barry didn't cost us 35m and my initial point in my first post was that Fernandinho ain't never a 35m footballer. As for persistent fouls five games started and three yellow cards doesn't bode well add to that no assists, no goals and one shot so far. That's not to say I'm slating him I'm just unimpressed to date but I hope he proves me wrong.

Fernandinho didn't cost you a penny. We paid 35 m because we wanted that player to play the role he does. The powers that be know what they paid for he allows our creative players to assist and create

I addressed the it didn't cost me a penny earlier, it's a lame point and it's really not the point otherwise we might as well close the forum and end all discussion and debates on City as none of the players cost any of us a single penny. It's a forum and so it's up for debate. I'd also suggest paying extortionate fee's does have an effect on the club for one whenever we go to buy another player but that's not the issue here. Now over the past 41 years I've seen plenty of powers that be buy what they thought was the correct player and yet get it wrong, hopefully as I keep saying I want Fernandinho to be brilliant for us but if we're going down the road of can't question or discuss a player because the powers that be wanted him then like I said lets close the forum here and now. We're all City fan's and we will all debate the players, the tactics, what was the best ever socks we've worn and yes even the value of our transfer fee's whether that's here or down the pub.

and if we make it out of the group, have a good knockout run and finish in the top 4 we'll have recouped his price tag and more, so it will be worth it regardless of the original fee.

He's starting to get into a groove now, he'll be a great player for us. My youngest lad seen him in the Arndale food court with his family today.

Blue2112 said:
Firstly the time was right for Barry to be replaced and only time will tell if Fernandinho is the right choice, some already think he is and some of us want to see a little more before getting his name printed on the back of our favourite shirt.

Barry in our title winning season I thought was outstanding in that he always offered himself to receive the ball all over the pitch keeping it moving, neat passing, breaking up play (your argument would be similarly to what Fernandinho offers us) often falling back into defence and bringing the ball out. The football under Mancini that season is the best I've seen as a City supporter, scoring goals freely and breaking records all over the place and Barry was an integral part of that great passing always allowing Yaya and Silva the freedom to bomb forward (Yaya) or float around threading through pinpoint passes (Silva) was built on the back of Barry mopping up most things behind them. Even David Silva at the end of that title winning season voted Barry as his player of the season as he allowed himself (Silva) the freedom of the park always being there breaking it down and being the glue in midfield. Personally that one game for England when he was clearly unfit and Ozil made him look like a conference league player was the worst thing that could have happened to his international career. The press jumped all over him but you only miss players like Barry when they're not there and England have yet to find a replacement for him. Goalkeeper Hart also realised Barry's value, saying: “Gareth is the man. When you start to panic, look at Gareth and he just keeps on doing what he is doing – and doing the unselfish role he does.”

Yes Barry never found the same form last season but neither did anyone at City as we had a hangover from that amazing title victory and he's paid the price this season. Yet he goes to Everton and has a blinder of a debut, let's hope next week if he plays against us he reverts back to his Southampton performance.

Okay so you are saying Barry was great in 2011-12 season. Lets even for the sake of argument accept that 2011-2012 Barry is better than DIhno. Is 2012-13 Barry better than 2013-14 Dihno? And in what areas?

Now even looking at the qualities you have listed and as you have rightly stated, couldn't it be argued that Dihno gives Yaya and Nasri exactly what Barry gave Yaya and Silva in 2011?

Personally, This is how I view both based on different qualities

Movement: Barry. Just had a knack for moving into open spaces beautifully. But after playing in the system for 3 years, it is understandble
Passing: Barry had a better range of passing, but Dihno makes better
Athletism: Dihno by a mile. He is at Ramirez athletic level
Energy: Dihno. Can run forever. Barry generally slowed down later or paced himself to keep up
Speed: Dihno, well Oezil and all the jokes about Grandma's tells the story.
Quickness: Dihno. Perhaps the quickest player on the team. Barry isn't quick.
tackling: Dihno. This might be a function of his speed, and athleticism, but he gets in more tackles than Barry did so far. And it seems this trend will continue.
Interceptions: Dihno. Same as tackling. I expect this to continue.
Vision: This is a push: Dihno has shown a few touch passes over the top, but Barry also had those.
Scoring: Barry. But it is early days yet.

So overall, I am inclined to rate this guy over Barry. And as for your reference to England's issues since Barry stopped playing. I believe the facts would suggest England has been average since before Barry, during Barry, and after Barry. So saying they haven't found a replacement for Barry isn't saying much. Seeing as England wasn't world beaters even With Barry.

Like my college coach used to say: Anyone I can lose with, I can lose without!

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Blue2112 said:
grim up north said:
Fernandinho didn't cost you a penny. We paid 35 m because we wanted that player to play the role he does. The powers that be know what they paid for he allows our creative players to assist and create

I addressed the it didn't cost me a penny earlier, it's a lame point and it's really not the point otherwise we might as well close the forum and end all discussion and debates on City as none of the players cost any of us a single penny. It's a forum and so it's up for debate. I'd also suggest paying extortionate fee's does have an effect on the club for one whenever we go to buy another player but that's not the issue here. Now over the past 41 years I've seen plenty of powers that be buy what they thought was the correct player and yet get it wrong, hopefully as I keep saying I want Fernandinho to be brilliant for us but if we're going down the road of can't question or discuss a player because the powers that be wanted him then like I said lets close the forum here and now. We're all City fan's and we will all debate the players, the tactics, what was the best ever socks we've worn and yes even the value of our transfer fee's whether that's here or down the pub.

and if we make it out of the group, have a good knockout run and finish in the top 4 we'll have recouped his price tag and more, so it will be worth it regardless of the original fee.

Ah c'mon Joe City with or without Fernandinho - lets say we bought a cheaper option or hell it doesn't even matter let's go with a more expensive option - we should still be getting out of this group this season. Away from Fernandinho I keep reading how we've got to improve this season and rightly so but I'm gearing up for the Pellegrini hype if we do qualify and how he's managed to do what Mancini couldn't. It's not comparable the last two seasons opponents to this years. If we progress and beat a big name along the way I may have to re-think.

daxman said:
Blue2112 said:
Firstly the time was right for Barry to be replaced and only time will tell if Fernandinho is the right choice, some already think he is and some of us want to see a little more before getting his name printed on the back of our favourite shirt.

Barry in our title winning season I thought was outstanding in that he always offered himself to receive the ball all over the pitch keeping it moving, neat passing, breaking up play (your argument would be similarly to what Fernandinho offers us) often falling back into defence and bringing the ball out. The football under Mancini that season is the best I've seen as a City supporter, scoring goals freely and breaking records all over the place and Barry was an integral part of that great passing always allowing Yaya and Silva the freedom to bomb forward (Yaya) or float around threading through pinpoint passes (Silva) was built on the back of Barry mopping up most things behind them. Even David Silva at the end of that title winning season voted Barry as his player of the season as he allowed himself (Silva) the freedom of the park always being there breaking it down and being the glue in midfield. Personally that one game for England when he was clearly unfit and Ozil made him look like a conference league player was the worst thing that could have happened to his international career. The press jumped all over him but you only miss players like Barry when they're not there and England have yet to find a replacement for him. Goalkeeper Hart also realised Barry's value, saying: “Gareth is the man. When you start to panic, look at Gareth and he just keeps on doing what he is doing – and doing the unselfish role he does.”

Yes Barry never found the same form last season but neither did anyone at City as we had a hangover from that amazing title victory and he's paid the price this season. Yet he goes to Everton and has a blinder of a debut, let's hope next week if he plays against us he reverts back to his Southampton performance.

Okay so you are saying Barry was great in 2011-12 season. Lets even for the sake of argument accept that 2011-2012 Barry is better than DIhno. Is 2012-13 Barry better than 2013-14 Dihno? And in what areas?

Now even looking at the qualities you have listed and as you have rightly stated, couldn't it be argued that Dihno gives Yaya and Nasri exactly what Barry gave Yaya and Silva in 2011?

Personally, This is how I view both based on different qualities

Movement: Barry. Just had a knack for moving into open spaces beautifully. But after playing in the system for 3 years, it is understandble
Passing: Barry had a better range of passing, but Dihno makes better
Athletism: Dihno by a mile. He is at Ramirez athletic level
Energy: Dihno. Can run forever. Barry generally slowed down later or paced himself to keep up
Speed: Dihno, well Oezil and all the jokes about Grandma's tells the story.
Quickness: Dihno. Perhaps the quickest player on the team. Barry isn't quick.
tackling: Dihno. This might be a function of his speed, and athleticism, but he gets in more tackles than Barry did so far. And it seems this trend will continue.
Interceptions: Dihno. Same as tackling. I expect this to continue.
Vision: This is a push: Dihno has shown a few touch passes over the top, but Barry also had those.
Scoring: Barry. But it is early days yet.

So overall, I am inclined to rate this guy over Barry. And as for your reference to England's issues since Barry stopped playing. I believe the facts would suggest England has been average since before Barry, during Barry, and after Barry. So saying they haven't found a replacement for Barry isn't saying much. Seeing as England wasn't world beaters even With Barry.

Like my college coach used to say: Anyone I can lose with, I can lose without!

I don't disagree with most of what you say and I do agree that Fernandinho at this stage in Barry's career is a better replacement and an overall improvement but he is replacing an ageing footballer. I will repeat I hope he is a worldbeater here I'm just unimpressed so far.

mammutly said:
Quickness: Dihno. Perhaps the quickest player on the team. .

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now arriving at Fantasy Island where all you ever want to believe in is real.
Not speed. Quickness! Certainly, Navas is faster. Perhaps just as quick. But Dihno's anticipation and ability to close within 5 yards is superior to anyone else's on the team I believe.

daxman said:
mammutly said:
Quickness: Dihno. Perhaps the quickest player on the team. .

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now arriving at Fantasy Island where all you ever want to believe in is real.
Not speed. Quickness! Certainly, Navas is faster. Perhaps just as quick. But Dihno's anticipation and ability to close within 5 yards is superior to anyone else's on the team I believe.

Makes more sense with the clarification. He does read the game well and is quick to get a foot in. That is his strength and what makes him a decent player.

In possession, he tends to pick the easy pass and doesn't run with the ball. He's quite static and looks weak under pressure.

this is going to start approaching one of the worst threads going on here.

fucking embarrassing the lot of this is. can't believe we'll still got some on here slating this guy or using bullshit media propaganda (30 million 30 million 30 million) to go after one of our own players, who oh by the way has been excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.