Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTID101 said:
The thing I like the most is how he is always looking to move the ball or the team forward.

No matter where he picks the ball up he turns on a dime and starts the ball rolling going forward. Makes such a difference.
this,pelli,said when we signed him ,that it was his ability to change defence into attack very quickly,,we are starting to see this more and more

Yesterday was the first time he used all his attributes throughout the whole 90 minutes as opposed to flashes here and there which is how I've perceived him so far.
I've always been happy with the signing and have been willing to factor in new league, new team mates, different tempo etc.
His passing range, although on first glance not noticeable is sublime. His sweeping up of attacks is vastly improving and he will only get better as the season progresses.
Best game for us so far yesterday and I'm looking forward to seeing him kick on now.

Pablo1 said:
Yesterday was the first time he used all his attributes throughout the whole 90 minutes as opposed to flashes here and there which is how I've perceived him so far.
I've always been happy with the signing and have been willing to factor in new league, new team mates, different tempo etc.
His passing range, although on first glance not noticeable is sublime. His sweeping up of attacks is vastly improving and he will only get better as the season progresses.
Best game for us so far yesterday and I'm looking forward to seeing him kick on now.

I got to say he a very good player. As a arsenal fan would not have minded having him. I think he will take time to adapt to the physical aspect of the premiership and he is still young. But a second season at city and he be even better.

That pass had no rights to go all the way from the center circle to Aguero!

Great vision and passing ability. He reads the game well and his interceptions have been really good the past few weeks!

Glad he's settling in now as he was given some undeserved stick from a few blues inside the first few games!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:

Great vision and passing ability. He reads the game well and his interceptions have been really good the past few weeks!

Glad he's settling in now as he was given some undeserved stick from a few blues inside the first few games!

I think your fans are going to have to be patient with him this season. their be some games he great and other not so. But he better and more consistent in his second season. But he is a great young player with good vision and great passing range. He just will need a kick up the arse now and again to keep him focused. Same was the case with ramsey who improved so much this season for us.

gooner2 said:

I think your fans are going to have to be patient with him this season. their be some games he great and other not so. But he better and more consistent in his second season. But he is a great young player with good vision and great passing range. He just will need a kick up the arse now and again to keep him focused. Same was the case with ramsey who improved so much this season for us.

Some players take time to gel others not so long! For someone like Fernandinho who played his first 3 years in Brazil and his 8 years of development in Ukraine he is probably only use to one playing style, at 28 he will take more time then someone who is 23 to settle into the team. The positive thing about his age (which a number of blues moaned about) is that now he is essentially at his footballing peak so he has all the attributes of a complete midfielder but just needs to learn a new playing style.

Yaya was 27 when he first arrived and took a full season to get into the mix, at first he looked slow and sluggish and seemed pretty unfit, back then fans had their say about him and look at him now!!

gooner2 said:

Some players take time to gel others not so long! For someone like Fernandinho who played his first 3 years in Brazil and his 8 years of development in Ukraine he is probably only use to one playing style, at 28 he will take more time then someone who is 23 to settle into the team. The positive thing about his age (which a number of blues moaned about) is that now he is essentially at his footballing peak so he has all the attributes of a complete midfielder but just needs to learn a new playing style.

Yaya was 27 when he first arrived and took a full season to get into the mix, at first he looked slow and sluggish and seemed pretty unfit, back then fans had their say about him and look at him now!!
Similarly it took a while for us fans to appreciate Vieira.

gooner2 said:

You make some good points. Give it a year and he be top premiership player. But its whole new culture over here and different type of league to brazil. He still a very talented player and he will adapt to physical aspect of the league

I am learning from this thread that for many people it's either great or hate and there's no middle ground.

Interesting. The forum is all about opinions, but why do they have to be so polarised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.