Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluethunder said:
Thanks for posting that, mate. This clip epitomises my post that's quoted on the previous page about his CSKA performance.

Edit:
Actually, screw it...Here's the relevant snippet in bold:
Jumanji said:
Fernandinho was SUPERB tonight.

Some of his well-weighted forward ground passes were sumptuous!

Fernandinho is almost as good at Busquets at playing one touch passes at any angle.

I also like how he is willing to pass to a player that is under pressure. They best teams like Bayern do this to disorganise teams..and that's something our players don't do enough of.

Another thing is his willingness to pass forward in between the lines, THROUGH the pressure. De Jong and to a lesser extent, Barry, could only dream of doing this consistently. These kind of passes bypass the entire opposition midfield, and Fern has been doing this for us consistently for many games now.

He pulled off a delightful pirouette that he certainly nicked off Silva :-) to seal off a very solid performance.

As Pellers said, Fernandinho is excellent at changing defence to attack, and this surprised me a great deal. It's true. He's like a having a second Yaya at times.

I like him.

I'll be honest, I've not been that impressed. Certainly not seen 30mils worth of player. He's not as good going forward as yaya and certainly not as good as enforcing as NDJ which i think we missed massively last year. That said he's better than barry and rodwell. Hopefully he'll improve and I'll start seeing some of the performances that people say he is capeable of

Fernandinho is one of those players who can change games on his own. What I like about him is that he is somewhat under the radar yet as good, if not better, than any defensive midfielder in the premiership.

The video above shows just why he is so effective. He can receive the ball in tight situations and, like Yaya, bring it under instant control and spring a pass that changes the move instantly in to an attack. He is also very very good at anticipating danger and snuffing it out with authority and speed. When that's allied to his ability to spring an attack, we have a very capable player on our books.

Though he is so good, neither he, nor any other player in World football, is able to play against World class teams who have an extra central midfielder. I am sure that Manuel will pick up on this and I hope that when we play the reverse fixture against Bayern, that he and Yaya will be supported by someone like Milner. You cannot compete against three top class midfielders no matter how good your two are, even if your attackers are trained to press the ball in the way that Bayern's are.

auij19 said:
I'll be honest, I've not been that impressed. Certainly not seen 30mils worth of player. He's not as good going forward as yaya and certainly not as good as enforcing as NDJ which i think we missed massively last year. That said he's better than barry and rodwell. Hopefully he'll improve and I'll start seeing some of the performances that people say he is capeable of
Why are some people still complaining about the price (especially for a player 'everyone' can see has lifted the team)? Granted, it's a small minority. The market became so inflated and the position is in such demand that that's what it'll cost to buy a top midfielder out of his contract. Just look at how much Martinez cost Bayern and tbh I prefer Fernandinho for his pace and mobility.

He's not as good going forward as Yaya? We really don't know that at all.
What we DO know is that Yaya is certainly not even close defensively so Fern has to sacrifice the position that made him, for the good of the team, by playing deeper than Yaya.

He isn't as good of an enforcer as De Jong? Ok ell two can play that game...Is he a far superiour passer to De Jong? Does he pressure better and cover more ground (and more quickly) than De Jong?

In my opinion, it seems you are just looking for a reason to not like him. Apparently he's not as good going forward as Yaya and not as good an enforcer as a player that doesn't even play for us (who is also an inferior player to Barry who you said Fernandinho is better than) so he's not worth it....

Actually, in other words, what you're really saying is the player we should have bought is as good going forward as Yaya and as good as De Jong at enforcing. Hahaha, point me to that player.........

You said you want to see him improve and put in good performances, but if by now you haven't noticed him already improving every game and haven't "been that impressed" with his performances, may I suggest specsavers, 'cos he's a damn good player.

Seems more and more members are starting to see the quality of Fernandinho and what he brings to the team.

I've been really impressed by his passing vision and skill; waiting for him to knock 1 or 2 goals from long range!

I've always rated De Jong and Barry, but got to admit, that Fernandinho is on a total different level than both. Along with Negredo, they are the best buys so far (while still hoping that Jovetic will change that in the coming months!! Have high hopes for him).

Last, and in my opinion; I think Fernandinho deserves every penny we have paid for him!

Outlaw said:
Seems more and more members are starting to see the quality of Fernandinho and what he brings to the team.

I've been really impressed by his passing vision and skill; waiting for him to knock 1 or 2 goals from long range!

I've always rated De Jong and Barry, but got to admit, that Fernandinho is on a total different level than both. Along with Negredo, they are the best buys so far (while still hoping that Jovetic will change that in the coming months!! Have high hopes for him).

Last, and in my opinion; I think Fernandinho deserves every penny we have paid for him!

30m to have the best player in the league at turning defence into attack is a good deal to me.

We could instead have spent 15m on a left back and 15m on a CM and still have the same problems in possession we did with Barry and De Jong

auij19 said:

he's a far better player than de jong at every aspect other than perhaps crunching slide tackles, which are of limited value anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.