Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Positionally better then NDJ, better at intercepting and passing also.
I loved De Jong, but his game could be limited, Mancini knew how to use him and did it very well. But for me Fernandinho is a lot better. Personally I think give him a year or two, he will be pinging those passes to all over the pitch, he already reads the game just as well as anyone else does in our team. He may not seem to be 'living' up to his price tag, but I think he is going to be one of those Barry like players where we miss him when he is not in the side, bar some of the excellent passes he has started to play.

A player who will keep growing into our team imo.

pee dubya said:
He's growing on me every game. The only very minor concern i have is how easily he sometimes gets beaten 1 on 1, he can over-commit a little. Not such a problem if you're in a 3 man midfield, but with 2 if you let a midfielder get past you he's then directly attacking the defence, with strikers also ahead of him. Also not such a problem with Kompany in defence who's happy to step out, but with the make-shift defence it's better off trying to slow them up and shepherd them away from the middle than rushing towards the ball and being beaten.

we do play a 4-2-2-2, which means we're wide open and vulnerable, expect us to concede alot more goals than we did last season.

we should score more goals though. already scored 20 goals in the EPL. more than any other team.

-- Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:02 pm --

and here's fernandinho vs cska.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsvrZcan1_w[/youtube]

I see a lot of positives already from him..he's already contributing to our offense by gaining possession through interceptions and kick starting our attack with quick passing up to our attacking players..his style for us is anti Mancini he's always looking to get the tempo going for our attack..I love what he does and what I love most is he is fresh to our team over time he's going to be even better and when that confidence as at a maximum he will start chipping in some screamers from outside the box ..his goal vs chelsea last year for shahktar is a glimpse of his game in full stride

mammutly said:
The positional comparison with NDJ is a waste of time. The current system puts Fernandinho in a place on the pitch. He has very little leeway to leave it.

He is limited in what he's allowed to do but mostly going forward. He gets around a lot, look at his heat map compared to Ramires'.

[bigimg]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXbyoAqCEAA0rhM.jpg:large[/bigimg]

LoveCity said:
mammutly said:
The positional comparison with NDJ is a waste of time. The current system puts Fernandinho in a place on the pitch. He has very little leeway to leave it.

He is limited in what he's allowed to do but mostly going forward. He gets around a lot, look at his heat map compared to Ramires'.

Interesting about his Aerial Duels being strong.

-- Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:33 pm --

mammutly said:
Not true, both Fernandinho and De Jong are more or less contained in the centre/defensive of midfield, they both play/played very similar roles. NDJ was one for last minute, crunching tackles, where as Fernandinho doesn't need to do that as much of the time because he reads the game better and puts himself in very clever positions.

BlueTG said:
LoveCity said:
mammutly said:

mammutly said:
Not true, both Fernandinho and De Jong are more or less contained in the centre/defensive of midfield, they both play/played very similar roles. NDJ was one for last minute, crunching tackles, where as Fernandinho doesn't need to do that as much of the time because he reads the game better and puts himself in very clever positions.

Got to disagree with that. City play a much higher, pressing game now. In every match there are panic moments at the back which, arguably, Fernandinho should be key to preventing. But, he is not playing the same role in the side as NDJ did, because the whole side is playing differently.

EDIT: and btw form day one I've been arguing that Fernandinho is similar to Ramires - that's one comparison that is absolutely valid.

mammutly said:
BlueTG said:
LoveCity said:

mammutly said:

Got to disagree with that. City play a much higher, pressing game now. In every match there are panic moments at the back which, arguably, Fernandinho should be key to preventing. But, he is not playing the same role in the side as NDJ did, because the whole side is playing differently.
I see your point, personally although it's a different set up granted, I see their roles being similar.

Silk with steel,like all great players,the game looks easy to him.

Yes the occasional error is being made but he has the capacity and athleticism to mostly redeem such,even when he cant you can guarantee every fibre of him has attempted to do so.

Still plenty of room for improvement as he becomes more acclimatised and his confidence grows,however,he's beginning to look right at home and will prove a fantastic adddition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.