Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
andrewmswift said:
auij19 said:
I'll be honest, I've not been that impressed. Certainly not seen 30mils worth of player. He's not as good going forward as yaya and certainly not as good as enforcing as NDJ which i think we missed massively last year. That said he's better than barry and rodwell. Hopefully he'll improve and I'll start seeing some of the performances that people say he is capeable of

he's a far better player than de jong at every aspect other than perhaps crunching slide tackles, which are of limited value anyway
Which have actually faded greatly from his game since being dropped from the Holland squad.

By the way you can go on about de Jongs crunching tackles or him being an enforcer all you like, Fernandinho is far more effective defensively for us. In a two man midfield it's a no contest as NDJ was simply unable to play in this formation as he wasn't mobile enough, hence him not being in our starting 11 for the title winning season. Fernaindho hasn't really given us those crunching tackles (and so what!?) but I've lost count of the amount of counter attacks he's taken the sting out of or stopped completely. Not to mention his interceptions and disposessing the opposition without having to fly in on the deck, which is far more important than sticking one on an opposition player.

You can keep your crunching tackles, I'll stick with what's best for the team and to me it seems to be obvious even at this early stage that it's fernandinho and the attributes he brings as opposed to those of De Jong and Barry (though I woulda still kept Barry)

The Fat el Hombre said:
By the way you can go on about de Jongs crunching tackles or him being an enforcer all you like, Fernandinho is far more effective defensively for us. In a two man midfield it's a no contest as NDJ was simply unable to play in this formation as he wasn't mobile enough, hence him not being in our starting 11 for the title winning season. Fernaindho hasn't really given us those crunching tackles (and so what!?) but I've lost count of the amount of counter attacks he's taken the sting out of or stopped completely. Not to mention his interceptions and disposessing the opposition without having to fly in on the deck, which is far more important than sticking one on an opposition player.

You can keep your crunching tackles, I'll stick with what's best for the team and to me it seems to be obvious even at this early stage that it's fernandinho and the attributes he brings as opposed to those of De Jong and Barry (though I woulda still kept Barry)

Just about sums it up. In defence of NDJ though in certain games we do miss him. I would still have him in the squad.

All this mentioning of NDJ makes we wish we still had him. I midfield trio of NDJ Yaya and Fernandinho would be unstoppable.

I don't think De Jong is as good as he was before that injury he got, but I'd still rather have him on the bench than Garcia as a midfield option. But there are better options than De Jong out there now, too. I'd say Capoue who Tottenham signed (and got injured) would have been a good backup midfielder for us. If we can get Matuidi (better than Capoue) or Pogba (probably the next great lanky French-African midfielder), both linked with us, we're laughing as far as midfield goes... especially if Rodwell can also stay fit for 5 minutes. We could do seamless rotation of Yaya/Fernandinho for Rodwell/new signing which we can't right now.

But more on-topic again, Fernandinho seems to be cutting down on yellow cards which is good. Avoiding a suspension before the 'clean slate' (when it that? Early 2014?) could be tough though as he's only two away in the league.

71Bd2aa.jpg

auij19 said:
I'll be honest, I've not been that impressed. Certainly not seen 30mils worth of player. He's not as good going forward as yaya and certainly not as good as enforcing as NDJ which i think we missed massively last year. That said he's better than barry and rodwell. Hopefully he'll improve and I'll start seeing some of the performances that people say he is capeable of

I agree...we'd have been better off banking some of that 30m and gone for Fellaini instead. On top of that, think of all the money the club could have made selling scouser wigs. Utd are laughing in our faces right now.

The Fat el Hombre said:

Great post Hombre, agree completely with everything you've said. Including keeping Barry.

He's growing on me every game. The only very minor concern i have is how easily he sometimes gets beaten 1 on 1, he can over-commit a little. Not such a problem if you're in a 3 man midfield, but with 2 if you let a midfielder get past you he's then directly attacking the defence, with strikers also ahead of him. Also not such a problem with Kompany in defence who's happy to step out, but with the make-shift defence it's better off trying to slow them up and shepherd them away from the middle than rushing towards the ball and being beaten.

The Fat el Hombre said:

Excellent Al. Fernandinho is the fucking nuts.

andrewmswift said:
auij19 said:

he's a far better player than de jong at every aspect other than perhaps crunching slide tackles, which are of limited value anyway

if you get yourself in the right position at the right time, you dont need to tackle, you simply intercept or make a standing tackle.

the likes of de jong have to make tackles because they weren't in a good position in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.